Whiter areas of cities are trying to block ghetto's from being built near them

My brother lived in a nice neighborhood until he decided to sell because of blacks moving in.
I drove through that neighborhood 10 years later, and realized he made a smart decision.

Whoa! What a great story. Can't have any "blacks" moving in!

My brother lived in a nice neighborhood until he decided to sell because of blacks moving in.
I drove through that neighborhood 10 years later, and realized he made a smart decision.

Whoa! What a great story. Can't have any "blacks" moving in!
He saw something you and I didn't.

Yeah? What exactly did he see?
He saw the neighborhood going to shit.

In 10 short years, that neighborhood went from being nice to being a shithole.
Don't ask me why that happens, LoneLaugher.

As a person who suffers from lower income people moving into my neighborhood, I think this resistance is great.

The changes that took place in my area are sad. It used to be one of the nicest and safest Cleveland suburbs. Now half of the stores are closed down, the streets are strewn with litter and garbage, I have to pick all that rubbish off of my tree lawn before I can even mow the damn thing. The schools are danger zones where a teacher gets assaulted every week, we can't even have Forth of July fireworks any longer because it has turned into gang fights and riots.

I'm going to a county hearing to have my property taxes lowered. I had an appraiser from the bank come here and estimate the worth of my property. They appraised it at half of what I bought it for 24 years ago. So who can get upset by these people that don't want that to happen to their neighborhood?

If you take 3/4 cup of fresh wholesome milk, and mix that with 1/4 cup of sour curdled milk, you only have one thing, and that is a cup of bad useless milk. I wish our government officials could understand that.

And the problem isn't normal people who are trapped in the hell holes...the problem comes in when they move, and then bring the criminals and the criminal relationships with them.....that is how the violence and the crime metastasize....

Which is exactly how it happened here. It doesn't start out as overnight white flight, but when things get bad enough, it ends up that way.

First a couple move in. Then Aunt Selma brings her grandchildren, nephews and nieces to attend the schools. They bring trouble with them, and more people who fear for the safety of their family move out. Housing prices drops which is an even larger invitation for more lower income people to get in. Then the police and city give up trying to combat the crime, and everything goes to hell.
nowdays though, the opposite is happening....a lot of these inner city areas have landlords and homeowners selling property to developers, who in turn are building luxury condos etc....west dallas, which was dallas' roughest neighborhood for generations is now whome to hipster heaven

That's a major project and a gamble. They are trying to do the same in Cleveland. It's tough to sell high priced houses in crime ridden areas, and high priced apartments are always open down there for the same reason. The only people that are willing to rent or buy there are people that work in downtown, and they do so for convenience.

Mentor and willoughby still looked good. Not sure since I just went there for a couple of days to visit my aunts.

Willoughby will be shot in about ten years. Mentor is still pretty good, but homes there can get pricey which keeps a lot of rift-raft out.

I feel sorry for blacks, I know they just want to be naked and living in a dung hut

You have the courts? What a weird thing to think. And you actually said it.

Nutbags really don't dig the Amerucan way
Sure for the first time in decades the courts justices are being appointed by a true conservative and he will select conservative judges from the SCOTUS all the way down to the lower courts. You have got to love that. Now is it clear for ya laughing boy?

Program to Spur Low-Income Housing Is Keeping Cities Segregated

And according to the NYT they should all EMBRACE this wonderful DIEversity! I mean who doesn't love hookers,drug dealers on every street corner,schools where half the kids can't read,property values dropping like a stone in water,crime shooting through the roof eh!? According to the NYT we should move blacks away from blacks because blacks cause crime,low property value and other disgusting and unwanted problems!
Why do you always leave out the Hispanics?

Sure for the first time in decades the courts justices are being appointed by a true conservative and he will select conservative judges from the SCOTUS all the way down to the lower courts. You have got to love that. Now is it clear for ya laughing boy?

Who knows how long Ginsburg has got, and Kennedy is reaching for the door knob but they are begging him to stay. Trump has nearly another 3 1/2 years, so it depends on how long those two can hold on.

Who knows how long Ginsburg has got, and Kennedy is reaching for the door knob but they are begging him to stay. Trump has nearly another 3 1/2 years, so it depends on how long those two can hold on.
Kennedy will announce his retirement next month....

Kennedy will announce his retirement next month....

I don't know about that. He was supposed to announce his decision last week and nothing happened. it must be a great job to have if people are willing to work it until their death. I do think Kennedy wants to go, but they are laying a guilt trip on him now.

"I think this would be a wonderful opportunity to pause for a moment and give thanks for the great contributions of the Black community to our society. Their peaceful and generous nature make them ideal neighbors, lending testimony to their exceptional family values and parenting skills unrivaled by any other culture. Their commitment to academic excellence enriches our schools and serves as an example to all who hope to achieve prominence as a people. Real estate values are fueled by the mix of African Americans into an area due to their caring and respectful nature of these communities, an example of all they have achieved through their enthusiasm for self improvement by hard work and a self-reliant can-do nature. Without their industrious and creative drive, we would be poorer as a nation."
People don't like gays but at least gays bring property values up.

Nobody intentionally builds a ghetto. In fact the word "ghetto" is offensive to the Jewish people who actually lived in ghettos where they were starved and brutalized. The problem in the U.S. is that LBJ created a federal plantation system he called "the great society" where Black people would be cared for by poverty pimps in exchange for votes for democrats. How did that work out?
They don't vote! So please take away the handouts. What have you got to lose?

Forum List

Back