Whiter areas of cities are trying to block ghetto's from being built near them

Program to Spur Low-Income Housing Is Keeping Cities Segregated

And according to the NYT they should all EMBRACE this wonderful DIEversity! I mean who doesn't love hookers,drug dealers on every street corner,schools where half the kids can't read,property values dropping like a stone in water,crime shooting through the roof eh!? According to the NYT we should move blacks away from blacks because blacks cause crime,low property value and other disgusting and unwanted problems!

And middle class black and hispanic areas will also fight against building government housing in their communities as well....

Program to Spur Low-Income Housing Is Keeping Cities Segregated

And according to the NYT they should all EMBRACE this wonderful DIEversity! I mean who doesn't love hookers,drug dealers on every street corner,schools where half the kids can't read,property values dropping like a stone in water,crime shooting through the roof eh!? According to the NYT we should move blacks away from blacks because blacks cause crime,low property value and other disgusting and unwanted problems!

And middle class black and hispanic areas will also fight against building government housing in their communities as well....
probably even HARDER(they dont have the white guilt thing going)

As a person who suffers from lower income people moving into my neighborhood, I think this resistance is great.

The changes that took place in my area are sad. It used to be one of the nicest and safest Cleveland suburbs. Now half of the stores are closed down, the streets are strewn with litter and garbage, I have to pick all that rubbish off of my tree lawn before I can even mow the damn thing. The schools are danger zones where a teacher gets assaulted every week, we can't even have Forth of July fireworks any longer because it has turned into gang fights and riots.

I'm going to a county hearing to have my property taxes lowered. I had an appraiser from the bank come here and estimate the worth of my property. They appraised it at half of what I bought it for 24 years ago. So who can get upset by these people that don't want that to happen to their neighborhood?

If you take 3/4 cup of fresh wholesome milk, and mix that with 1/4 cup of sour curdled milk, you only have one thing, and that is a cup of bad useless milk. I wish our government officials could understand that.

And the problem isn't normal people who are trapped in the hell holes...the problem comes in when they move, and then bring the criminals and the criminal relationships with them.....that is how the violence and the crime metastasize....

here in Dallas there are a few nice, middle class black neighborhoods, and a TON of nice multi etnic areas

That's never happened here and in most places across the country. I got into a debate a few years ago on the internet with somebody making the same claim, so I looked up the statistics. Violent crime was up 100% after blacks took over as a majority.

A few here and there doesn't change things much. That's because if a black were to get into any trouble, the police can pretty much do simple deduction to find the culprit. But once it goes past 50%, that's when things start going to hell, and they continue downwards as the black population increases.

That's why I'm for getting rid of all fair housing laws and laws that force landlords and home owners to rent or sell to people of color just because they are people of color. A white landlord or homeowner can refuse to rent or sell their property to a white buyer simply because they feel they are not of quality to live in that neighborhood, but you can't do that with blacks. You have to surrender the property even if you know they are going to be trouble.

Just curious what areas you're talking about. I was driving around there last August, especially Euclid where I used to live in the late 50's. I didn't seem to see anything too bad or ghetto, but I know looks can be deceiving.

One does not build a ghetto.

One manages property to cause good neighborhoods to degenerate into ghettos.

Liberals call it "urban renewal".

As a person who suffers from lower income people moving into my neighborhood, I think this resistance is great.

The changes that took place in my area are sad. It used to be one of the nicest and safest Cleveland suburbs. Now half of the stores are closed down, the streets are strewn with litter and garbage, I have to pick all that rubbish off of my tree lawn before I can even mow the damn thing. The schools are danger zones where a teacher gets assaulted every week, we can't even have Forth of July fireworks any longer because it has turned into gang fights and riots.

I'm going to a county hearing to have my property taxes lowered. I had an appraiser from the bank come here and estimate the worth of my property. They appraised it at half of what I bought it for 24 years ago. So who can get upset by these people that don't want that to happen to their neighborhood?

If you take 3/4 cup of fresh wholesome milk, and mix that with 1/4 cup of sour curdled milk, you only have one thing, and that is a cup of bad useless milk. I wish our government officials could understand that.

And the problem isn't normal people who are trapped in the hell holes...the problem comes in when they move, and then bring the criminals and the criminal relationships with them.....that is how the violence and the crime metastasize....
and coming from someone who is from a neighborhood that is considered a ghetto(overton road in dallas, bythe VA hospital), 90%+ of the people causing problems dont live there, they just hang out, and most of the people that live there arent the ones screwing around. when the people take their hood back against the bangers, things improve.

here in Dallas there are a few nice, middle class black neighborhoods, and a TON of nice multi etnic areas

That's never happened here and in most places across the country. I got into a debate a few years ago on the internet with somebody making the same claim, so I looked up the statistics. Violent crime was up 100% after blacks took over as a majority.

A few here and there doesn't change things much. That's because if a black were to get into any trouble, the police can pretty much do simple deduction to find the culprit. But once it goes past 50%, that's when things start going to hell, and they continue downwards as the black population increases.

That's why I'm for getting rid of all fair housing laws and laws that force landlords and home owners to rent or sell to people of color just because they are people of color. A white landlord or homeowner can refuse to rent or sell their property to a white buyer simply because they feel they are not of quality to live in that neighborhood, but you can't do that with blacks. You have to surrender the property even if you know they are going to be trouble.

Just curious what areas you're talking about. I was driving around there last August, especially Euclid where I used to live in the late 50's. I didn't seem to see anything too bad or ghetto, but I know looks can be deceiving.

There was just a double murder/ robbery a few months ago in Euclid. I live in Maple Heights where the famous Southgate Mall is located. Years ago they used to have parades where the actor Ted Knight (famous for his Mary Tyler Moore role as Ted Baxter) did commercials for the Mall which is located less than a mile from the formerly famous Randall Park mall that closed years ago. At it's time, Randall Park was the largest mall in the country and people from all over used to travel to Ohio just to experience it. Now it's just a pile of rubble.

There was just a double murder/ robbery a few months ago in Euclid. I live in Maple Heights where the famous Southgate Mall is located. Years ago they used to have parades where the actor Ted Knight (famous for his Mary Tyler Moore role as Ted Baxter) did commercials for the Mall which is located less than a mile from the formerly famous Randall Park mall that closed years ago. At it's time, Randall Park was the largest mall in the country and people from all over used to travel to Ohio just to experience it. Now it's just a pile of rubble.
to be fair, the mall seems to be on the decline everywhere, not just inner cities.......I think the prevelance of online shopping is a contributing factor

Which is exactly how it happened here. It doesn't start out as overnight white flight, but when things get bad enough, it ends up that way.

First a couple move in. Then Aunt Selma brings her grandchildren, nephews and nieces to attend the schools. They bring trouble with them, and more people who fear for the safety of their family move out. Housing prices drops which is an even larger invitation for more lower income people to get in. Then the police and city give up trying to combat the crime, and everything goes to hell.

Which is exactly how it happened here. It doesn't start out as overnight white flight, but when things get bad enough, it ends up that way.

First a couple move in. Then Aunt Selma brings her grandchildren, nephews and nieces to attend the schools. They bring trouble with them, and more people who fear for the safety of their family move out. Housing prices drops which is an even larger invitation for more lower income people to get in. Then the police and city give up trying to combat the crime, and everything goes to hell.
nowdays though, the opposite is happening....a lot of these inner city areas have landlords and homeowners selling property to developers, who in turn are building luxury condos etc....west dallas, which was dallas' roughest neighborhood for generations is now whome to hipster heaven

to be fair, the mall seems to be on the decline everywhere, not just inner cities.......I think the prevelance of online shopping is a contributing factor

Yes if it just started a year or two ago. But this has been happening for some time. In a nearby community, the new Super Walmart closed down--mostly because of all the shoplifting losses.

Yes if it just started a year or two ago. But this has been happening for some time. In a nearby community, the new Super Walmart closed down--mostly because of all the shoplifting losses.
areound here, copper thieves are rampant.

nowdays though, the opposite is happening....a lot of these inner city areas have landlords and homeowners selling property to developers, who in turn are building luxury condos etc....west dallas, which was dallas' roughest neighborhood for generations is now whome to hipster heaven

That's a major project and a gamble. They are trying to do the same in Cleveland. It's tough to sell high priced houses in crime ridden areas, and high priced apartments are always open down there for the same reason. The only people that are willing to rent or buy there are people that work in downtown, and they do so for convenience.

This is why we live away from big nasty dirty filthy scum ridden smelly dirt bag cities....you all can have them, I will take the open countryside any day.

That's a major project and a gamble. They are trying to do the same in Cleveland. It's tough to sell high priced houses in crime ridden areas, and high priced apartments are always open down there for the same reason. The only people that are willing to rent or buy there are people that work in downtown, and they do so for convenience.

Mentor and willoughby still looked good. Not sure since I just went there for a couple of days to visit my aunts.

This is why we live away from big nasty dirty filthy scum ridden smelly dirt bag cities....you all can have them, I will take the open countryside any day.

Yes. So long as you get representation in the Senate which is not based on population, you are happy as a pig in shit.

Yes. So long as you get representation in the Senate which is not based on population, you are happy as a pig in shit
I'm a republican...take a good look around, I have plenty of representation.... and now I have the courts for the next 25 years at least...yeeeeefuckinghaaaaaaaa

Yes. So long as you get representation in the Senate which is not based on population, you are happy as a pig in shit
I'm a republican...take a good look around, I have plenty of representation.... and now I have the courts for the next 25 years at least...yeeeeefuckinghaaaaaaaa

You have the courts? What a weird thing to think. And you actually said it.

Nutbags really don't dig the Amerucan way.

My brother lived in a nice neighborhood until he decided to sell because of blacks moving in.
I drove through that neighborhood 10 years later, and realized he made a smart decision.

Forum List

Back