Who Are Donald Trump’s Supporters?

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
We can break the question down more exactly, looking at six categories of Trump voters:

1) “Low-information voters” who don’t really know much about Trump or his policies, but hey, he’s a celebrity, so they tell pollsters they’re voting for him.

2) Actual conservatives who like Trump because he’s a tough-talking “fighter” and a businessman who “gets things done.”

3) Disgruntled non-ideological independents who normally don’t vote because “it never makes any difference.”

4) Single-issue anti-immigration fanatics.

5) Archie Bunker types who normally vote Republican because they see it as the party of “identity politics for white people,” the ones who want the country to be run by and for “people like me.” These are the folks on Twitter and in the comments fields of my articles who extol the virtue of “European” immigrants, without realizing that “Hispanic” derives from the word for Spain, and that Spain is in Europe.

6) Outright racists who don’t normally vote because neither party has the guts to embrace White Power.

DETAILS: Who Are Donald Trump's Supporters?

Yep, I'd say all 6 categories are well represented on this forum. Which one are you?

heres-what-donald-trump-supporters-really-believe.jpg

Holy shit...

We can break the question down more exactly, looking at six categories of Trump voters:

1) “Low-information voters” who don’t really know much about Trump or his policies, but hey, he’s a celebrity, so they tell pollsters they’re voting for him.

2) Actual conservatives who like Trump because he’s a tough-talking “fighter” and a businessman who “gets things done.”

3) Disgruntled non-ideological independents who normally don’t vote because “it never makes any difference.”

5) Archie Bunker types who normally vote Republican because they see it as the party of “identity politics for white people,” the ones who want the country to be run by and for “people like me.” These are the folks on Twitter and in the comments fields of my articles who extol the virtue of “European” immigrants, without realizing that “Hispanic” derives from the word for Spain, and that Spain is in Europe.

6) Outright racists who don’t normally vote because neither party has the guts to embrace White Power.

Yep, I'd say all 6 categories are well represented on this forum. Which one are you?
I'm the one who believes Trump will never sell his soul to the Devil. Unlike 100% of the Washington politicians who promised reform and never did.

Bigoted questions from a bigot. There are millions who are tired of incompetent, ineffective, corrupt politicians grasping the reins.

People probably aren't going to be interested in engaging with you genuinely when you automatically call them disgruntled, racist, fanatical, etc.

But you know this already, so it's nothing but a huge, valueless waste of time. You're part of the problem when you fan the flames of hatred.

we have tried politicians for how many years now? and that has brought us where?
Can anyone honestly ask why somebody would look at a businessman instead of a career politician at this point in time?

You forgot 2.

7)An angry anti-establishment conservative that is ready to tear down and rebuild the Republican Party from the ground up

8)A right wing radical seeking power

See, this is just as bad as those individual peeps on the Right who make garbage, insulting lists about those who like Obama.

All of this helps no one. It makes us hate one another.

From everything I've read, Trump supporters tend to be more of a cross-section of Americans than his critics think. They tend to be more blue collar and tend to vote less often, but otherwise, they come from a wide section of the country.

Forum List

Back