Who are some of your favorite guitarists all-time, in any genre of music?

Ok, you asked, and no one has mentioned him yet.

Angus Young. Every note counts. Only BB and him are the phrasing kings. True story.
And this is a terrible example. I'll acknowledge Albert, too.

Last edited:
Albert King, y'all:

I grew up on B.B. and love it!
B.B., Albert, SRV and Angus are the best phrasers.
No wait..oh yeah, that's SRV..oops.
Don't make me bring up Allison Robertson now..
She's good.
This is definitely worth a listen!
I just picked a random vid, but :aargh:
This kicks ass and then some!

Last edited:
Maybe an unexpected entry but a recent favorite of mine is Junior Brown. I don't know that he's exactly in the same league as these others - and don't know that he's not - but he plays (played until it was stolen in Massachusetts) an awesome gilt-steel guitar and played it pretty damn well.

Maybe an unexpected entry but a recent favorite of mine is Junior Brown. I don't know that he's exactly in the same league as these others - and don't know that he's not - but he plays (played until it was stolen in Massachusetts) an awesome gilt-steel guitar and played it pretty damn well.
An example would be nice. :)

This thread goes out to Angelo, THE expert on guitarists on this site. Some of my favorites include Jimi Hendrix, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Richard Thompson - guitarist/singer/songwriter extraordinaire from the UK, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, Robert Fripp, Eric Johnson, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and Sonny Landreth - THE best blues and rock slide guitarist I've heard. These are some of my favorites, who are some of yours?

This thread goes out to Angelo, THE expert on guitarists on this site. Some of my favorites include Jimi Hendrix, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Richard Thompson - guitarist/singer/songwriter extraordinaire from the UK, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, Robert Fripp, Eric Johnson, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and Sonny Landreth - THE best blues and rock slide guitarist I've heard. These are some of my favorites, who are some of yours?

This guy was mighty fine. Thanks for your post.

Gary Clark Jr. - I was in the audience for this.

Who is that?
If you give me some kinda BS, Go fuck yourself. I never heard of that guy.
Chet Atkins he is not.

Hey, Duke, Gary Clark Jr. IS quite good. I own his latest CD, and he SHREDS on some of the songs. And his vocals are quite good, as well.

Okay. Bad choice for an example.

I'm serious, and you CAN call me Shirley........

Gary Clark Jr. - I was in the audience for this.

Who is that?
If you give me some kinda BS, Go fuck yourself. I never heard of that guy.
Chet Atkins he is not.

Hey, Duke, Gary Clark Jr. IS quite good. I own his latest CD, and he SHREDS on some of the songs. And his vocals are quite good, as well.

Okay. Bad choice for an example.

I'm serious, and you CAN call me Shirley........

He ain't no Albert King, brah. Noodling is not phrasing.
That guy ain't making it say anything at all. He's just twiddling.
Am not impressed.

Forum List

Back