Who are the Israelis?

• Bigots...... in the United States and Europe, insist on characterizing Israel as an apartheid state. Nothing could be further from the truth. Israel has real diversity, not the kind of phony diversity that characterizes many American institutions. American diversity is simply a euphemism for more Blacks, and especially more Blacks who hold the same views about political and racial matters.
    [*]The best evidence of this truism came from Google's appointment of a chief diversity officer who had expressed anti-gay and anti-Jewish views.... He is Black and that is all that diversity means at Google and many other American institutions. It is different in Israel, because Israel is such an inherently diverse nation that takes its diversity seriously.
    [*]Every Muslim majority nation is officially a Muslim state that bestows considerable benefits on members of that faith. Great Britain is an Anglican Christian state with an established religion. Catholicism is the official religion of several European countries. Many national flags and emblems have crosses, crescents or other distinctly religious symbols.
    [*]So stay tuned to see how the now government manages to survive the challenges of diversity. In the meantime, however, stop singling out Israel for demonization by mislabeling it as apartheid or undemocratic.

Eviatar Banai -Kochav

Let Your days
As a ring of diamond
No more a shaking leaf
Shining to distances

You are the only star in the skies
And not as it was in the past
Today You are shining
Flowing in the arteries
Shine to distances
Glaring for world's eternity

ISRAELI WOMEN Are the HAPPIEST

P F Tinmore
what do you like about women's leadership?

RoccoR
what surprised You about that?

Just on the side note, what surprised me yesterday was to learn that there was a Jewish kingdom for 300 years in Morocco, before the Muslim invasion, and it was ruled by a Queen...reminds me to research it.

Last edited:
Today a ceremony was held in Jerusalem for the young volunteers of the National Service, among the outstanding ones is also Shadia Elaul from the Bedouin community
of Abu Karinat in the Negev.

Who is an Arab Jew?

By Albert Memmi February, 1975

The term "Arab Jews" is obviously not a good one. I have adopted it for convenience. I simply wish to underline that as natives of those countries called Arab and indigenous to those lands well before the arrival of the Arabs, we shared with them, to a great extent, languages, traditions and cultures.

If one were to base oneself on this legitimacy, and not on force and numbers, then we have the same rights to our share in these lands - neither more nor less - than the Arab Moslems. But one should remember, at the same time, that the term "Arab" is not a happy one when applied to such diverse populations, including even those who call and believe themselves to be Arabs.

The head of an Arab state (Muammar Ghadaffi) recently made us a generous and novel offer. "Return," he told us, "return to the land of your birth!" It seems that this impressed many people who, carried away by their emotions, believed that the problem was solved. So much so that they did not understand what was the price to be paid in exchange: once reinstalled in our former countries, Israel will no longer have any reason to exist.

The other Jews, those "terrible European usurpers", will also be sent back "home" - to clear up the remains of the crematoria, to rebuild their ruined quarters, I suppose. And if they do not choose to go with good grace, in spite of everything, then a final war will be waged against them. On this point, the Head of State was very frank. It also seems that one of his remarks deeply impressed those present: "Are you not Arabs like us - Arab Jews?"

What lovely words! We draw a secret nostalgia from them: yes, indeed, we were Arab Jews- in our habits, our culture, our music, our menu. I have written enough about it. But must one remain an Arab Jew if, in return, one has to tremble for one's life and the future of one's children and always be denied a normal existence? There are, it is true, the Arab Christians. What is not sufficiently known is the shamefully exorbitant price that they must pay for the right merely to survive.

We would have liked to be Arab Jews. If we abandoned the idea, it is because over the centuries the Moslem Arabs systematically prevented its realization by their contempt and cruelty. It is now too late for us to become Arab Jews. Not only were the homes of Jews in Germany and Poland torn down, scattered to the four winds, demolished, but our homes as well.

A must read:

Zionism is alive on the hills of Samaria

The 'grandmother' of all Jewish communities in Judea.

Last edited:

women-entrepreneurs-1622185130--1-.jpg

Despite women making up 1/5th of the human capital in Israeli high-tech, there is a major gender gap when it comes to founders and entrepreneurs, who are mostly men.

But the light at the end of the tunnel is in sight, and this past week’s barrage of startup funding announcements have put the spotlight on a few companies led by female entrepreneurs and CEOs. Though, this begs the question:

Is this a one-time thing or is a trend picking up?

Elior Abargiel with Michael Coresh - Eyn 'Od Milvado

The whole nation already wants redemption
And if it delays then do not despair
Difficult challenges of faith
What do we do where do we run and no answer
And on the way, stumbling on the way
I thought You have already left
But everything is drivel and imaginations
For You are here for worlds eternity

There's no One beside Him
'Am Yisrael believe
With all the troubles and challenges