Who are the Israelis?

More demonizations. More accusations with video happening after the fact and him claiming things happened and oddly those things are not on the tape. No context. He doesn't even tell us where he is so I am not able to fact check. Oh, and the guy was being a prick to the soldiers. An aggressive prick.

Come on! Can we not have a serious discussion on this board about the issues?

More demonizations. More accusations with video happening after the fact and him claiming things happened and oddly those things are not on the tape. No context. He doesn't even tell us where he is so I am not able to fact check. Oh, and the guy was being a prick to the soldiers. An aggressive prick.

I agree that videos without context, without any way of verification are pretty pointless...

If I were to 'defend' his actions... And I am making an assumption here... That he was standing in Palestine, quite some distance from the border, then being challenged in the way he was by the Israeli soldiers does feel a little bit excessive. Yes, I am sure that there are a million and 1 reasons for the Israeli soldiers actions but...

Are you implying that he made all that up?

I agree that videos without context, without any way of verification are pretty pointless...

If I were to 'defend' his actions... And I am making an assumption here... That he was standing in Palestine, quite some distance from the border, then being challenged in the way he was by the Israeli soldiers does feel a little bit excessive. Yes, I am sure that there are a million and 1 reasons for the Israeli soldiers actions but...

Besides just acting like assholes?

Nope. I am outright saying he is demonizing Israel with no way of checking to see what the other side of the story is. And there is always another side of the story. He is deliberately showing a one-sided story. And, at least in one scene, being especially provocative and aggressive with the IDF soldiers.

Since these are regular Palestinian tactics, I have every reason to believe that this is also the case here.

What?! The Israelis put metal detectors up at the al-Aqsa Mosque! Evil Israelis! They are obviously trying to prevent Muslims from exercising their rights! Oh! The inhumane treatment by the Israelis! (Oops. Did I forget to mention that Arabs murdered two Israelis using weapons hidden by the waqf?)

I think you should do better on this board. Lets have some serious discussions. (But of course, Arab Muslim Palestinian RAGE must not be delegitimized, no matter how unreasonable.)

Nope. I am outright saying he is demonizing Israel with no way of checking to see what the other side of the story is. And there is always another side of the story. He is deliberately showing a one-sided story. And, at least in one scene, being especially provocative and aggressive with the IDF soldiers.

Since these are regular Palestinian tactics, I have every reason to believe that this is also the case here.

What?! The Israelis put metal detectors up at the al-Aqsa Mosque! Evil Israelis! They are obviously trying to prevent Muslims from exercising their rights! Oh! The inhumane treatment by the Israelis! (Oops. Did I forget to mention that Arabs murdered two Israelis using weapons hidden by the waqf?)

I think you should do better on this board. Lets have some serious discussions. (But of course, Arab Muslim Palestinian RAGE must not be delegitimized, no matter how unreasonable.)
What are you trying to justify here?

BTW, what was the IDF doing in Palestine?

I don't know what I am trying to justify here. And THAT is the point. There is no way to reasonable confront such blatant demonization if I can't determine the ACTUAL EVENTS he is speaking of.

My point to YOU is a *cough* kind request to bring a higher level of conversation to the threads instead of constantly just demonizing Israel with no context into the actual events.

Let me clarify even further.

You are doing this:

Here is a picture. Israelis are EVIL!

Bangladesh_Buildingcollapse_AP5.jpg

Stop doing that. Instead, present an issue or a problem with a context and have a reasonable, if biased -- because let's face it we are all biased -- discussion about it.

I don't know what I am trying to justify here. And THAT is the point. There is no way to reasonable confront such blatant demonization if I can't determine the ACTUAL EVENTS he is speaking of.

My point to YOU is a *cough* kind request to bring a higher level of conversation to the threads instead of constantly just demonizing Israel with no context into the actual events.
What kind of scenario could you conjure up to justify or warrant this behavior of the IDF?

What kind of scenario could you conjure up to justify or warrant this behavior of the IDF?

I saw a uniformed person standing behind a wall. What IDF behaviour?

I saw the person being videoed walking around an empty playground. What IDF behaviour?

I saw what may or may not have been an empty tear gas canister on the ground. What IDF behaviour?

I saw the person being videoed aggressively and provocatively approach two uniformed men. THAT IDF behaviour? I thought they were impeccably polite and calm and respectful while struggling to speak in a non-native language against an aggressive and provocative man.

I saw a brush fire. What IDF behaviour?

Thank you for making my point.

I saw a uniformed person standing behind a wall. What IDF behaviour?

I saw the person being videoed walking around an empty playground. What IDF behaviour?

I saw what may or may not have been an empty tear gas canister on the ground. What IDF behaviour?

I saw the person being videoed aggressively and provocatively approach two uniformed men. THAT IDF behaviour? I thought they were impeccably polite and calm and respectful while struggling to speak in a non-native language against an aggressive and provocative man.

I saw a brush fire. What IDF behaviour?

Thank you for making my point.
You are the best poster on this topic. The most rational, as far as I am concened.

The destruction of the road, which had been renovated just a day earlier with aid funding, forces villagers to now take a long detour.

The dirt road connects the villages of Masafer Yatta to the nearest town.

Israel spends a lot of money just to destroy stuff. Why do they do that?

Well, first its the principle of the thing. Its generally not cool, in the international community, to encroach on other State's sovereignty.

But I'll go fact check if you really want to know.

Well, first its the principle of the thing. Its generally not cool, in the international community, to encroach on other State's sovereignty.

Indeed, but this was in Palestine.

Go find another excuse.

Was it in Area A or B? If not, its under the sovereignty of Israel.

Indeed, but this was in Palestine.

Go find another excuse.

Was it in Area A or B? If not, its under the sovereignty of Israel.
It doesn't matter. Occupations do not acquire sovereignty.

Conversations like this make me truly feel like there is absolutely no possible way to solve the conflict. Israel is just going to have to protect itself from enemies instead. There is just no solution.

Forum List

Back