Who Are You?

First question...Invest
Second question... A sociopath tends to be a lone wolf. To be a leader requires direct sole attention to a group. NOT going to happen and being a "monkey" provides cover from time to time and the ability to shift from one group to another.

They do not take NOR accept leadership as that stifles them.

I don't disagree with that.

You're right of course and the deeper the sociopath runs in a Monkey the more likely he or she is to be a lone wolf type.

But in varying degrees...

What I'm saying is that, through out history, having less empathy is a trait that seems to have been rewarded with whatever Monkeys were defining as 'success' at the moment. Like every where else in nature, it's the successful Monkeys who get to push their blood up the Timeline.

The human traits of love and loyalty can focus empathy to the point where Monkeys will kill and die for each other, but only so far as they can map the bloodlines through time. Strong family is another successful trait in our evolution.

We've all seen Monkeys who can afford to breed but shouldn't.

:stupid:
I think a sociopathic monkey would rely on another monkeys empathy and guide it toward guilt thus being able to turn the empathy monkey into a servant.

In the end a sociopath monkey is only looking for a tool to his ends. Because to the sociopath monkey that's all the empathy monkey is. Just a tool.

Sociopaths don't feel guilt. that's the point.

Many are plenty smart enough to understand and obey the rules for more practical reasons.

P.S. When I use the word 'Monkey' to refer to the current dominate species on Earth, it is from a species wide viewpoint on the Timeline and with the utmost respect for our blossoming Sentience.

Hence the capital 'M' :thup:
Yes, because you're crazy but think you're brilliant, like most sociopaths.

And why is this in religion and ethics? I see no religious or ethics patter...

KG, that is not true. You grieve me when you treat him this way. I can only envision that day when you meet Jesus Christ and He tells you how much He loves Joe and asks you what you said to him to convince him of His love! What will you tell Jesus? What will you say?
Think.

A sociopath is not just someone who lacks empathy. A sociopath is anti social, criminal, and narcissistic.

And this thread's smug pedantry is reminiscent of the twisted shit a sociopath would believe. It's all about justification.
Empathy is only a tool to be mimicked by the sociopath. You have to remove ALL feelings both good and bad as NONE of them matter. A sociopath is VERY social if that is the skill needed when with the other monkey's

They all see themselves as above the law, and they view other ppl as objects. They interact to a certain degree, but although they may be in social situations, they don't have friends. They hurt and use the people closest to them. People who abide by the rule of law and who have loving, long term relationships with others are by definition NOT sociopaths.

First question...Invest
Second question... A sociopath tends to be a lone wolf. To be a leader requires direct sole attention to a group. NOT going to happen and being a "monkey" provides cover from time to time and the ability to shift from one group to another.

You're right of course and the deeper the sociopath runs in a Monkey the more likely he or she is to be a lone wolf type.

What I'm saying is that, through out history, having less empathy is a trait that seems to have been rewarded with whatever Monkeys were defining as 'success' at the moment. Like every where else in nature, it's the successful Monkeys who get to push their blood up the Timeline.

The human traits of love and loyalty can focus empathy to the point where Monkeys will kill and die for each other, but only so far as they can map the bloodlines through time. Strong family is another successful trait in our evolution.

I think a sociopathic monkey would rely on another monkeys empathy and guide it toward guilt thus being able to turn the empathy monkey into a servant.

In the end a sociopath monkey is only looking for a tool to his ends. Because to the sociopath monkey that's all the empathy monkey is. Just a tool.

Many are plenty smart enough to understand and obey the rules for more practical reasons.

P.S. When I use the word 'Monkey' to refer to the current dominate species on Earth, it is from a species wide viewpoint on the Timeline and with the utmost respect for our blossoming Sentience.

KG, that is not true. You grieve me when you treat him this way. I can only envision that day when you meet Jesus Christ and He tells you how much He loves Joe and asks you what you said to him to convince him of His love! What will you tell Jesus? What will you say?
Think.
What will you tell Jesus when he asks you why you pandered to a sociopath who delighted in mocking Him?

The sociopath sees others as a resource to provide whatever it is they need at the moment. Nothing more. Joe does not fit that description. Joe has poured himself out for others on this board many times in the past. That is the antithesis of a sociopath personality. Someone here needs to make an apology! Ahem!

First question...Invest

Joe, I have always seen you as a deep well. Someone who thinks deeply about things. But sometimes? Maybe we can overthink things. You know what? I do not care if the other guy wins. I truly do not care. I believe what will be will be and I cannot afford to not pour out my heart when I feel empathy! I can't afford to remain silent although my words may offend or change someone's mind about me. About success...... My family was quite strong, even prominent and they were quite put off by my generous nature as a child. It just was not done in my family, Joe. Yet for me? It was as natural as breathing. To be sincere was to be willing to give away what I saw someone else in need of. If I had it, I had no problem parting with it. I always got the greatest pleasure in seeing someone sad become overwhelmed with joy! I believe it cured many of my own sorrows (which were not brought on by lack of money!). It just helped me to forget about myself!

It is possible that one becomes a sociopath because they cannot grasp the concept of giving rather than taking. Greed can do many evil things to a person. It would not surprise me to learn that greed contributed to the mindset of a sociopath. Not at all.

Yeah, that post won't win any awards for clarity.... Sorry about that. I didn't have Time to say a LOT of what I was thinking.

I'm glad you think of yourself as less competitive. There's nothing wrong with that, and it too is a fascinating trait to consider the value of as Monkeys evolve through the Timeline. Fortunately, the balance of love, empathy, ruthlessness, passion, imagination, competitiveness and everything else that makes Monkeys 'Monkeys with a capital M' runs within levels of tolerance in most of us. Also fortunate is the use of The Rule of Law by our species to change our evolutionary path and reign in some of the more deadly but successful traits packaged in every Monkey. Best of all is how it continues to get better. In spite of our headlines, 21st Century American Monkeys are some of the most secure Monkeys on the Timeline.

Of course, with our current national budget for 'security', we aught to be able to leave our unlocked houses for hours and walk the streets naked, weather permitting. ;)

Think.
What will you tell Jesus when he asks you why you pandered to a sociopath who delighted in mocking Him?

KG? You will never win anyone to Christ treating them the way you treat Joe. What you have said to him is wrong and this isn't the first time you've done it either. You grieve me.

The sociopath sees others as a resource to provide whatever it is they need at the moment. Nothing more. Joe does not fit that description. Joe has poured himself out for others on this board many times in the past. That is the antithesis of a sociopath personality. Someone here needs to make an apology! Ahem!
Wow how on earth did I miss that? Oh that's right...because it has never happened, lol.

Shame the devil and tell the truth, the two times I took the "Are You a Sociopath" quiz on FaceBook I rated 'psychopath'. :eek-52:

I don't think I am one... a psychopath as smart as I am would not lead so mundane a life.

But I'll be the first to admit that I can find my inner sociopath quite easily on my shelf of traits. I'm not without empathy and I'm capable of love, but I find playing the lone wolf to be an easy role to slip in to.

Think.

KG? You will never win anyone to Christ treating them the way you treat Joe. What you have said to him is wrong and this isn't the first time you've done it either. You grieve me.
Joe isn't going to be won.

Think.

No worries. KG makes me feel like a little red-haired girl with long copper pig-tails freshly dipped in attention.

:smiliehug:

Think.

No worries. KG makes me feel like a little red-haired girl with long copper pig-tails freshly dipped in attention.

:smiliehug:
I apologise profusely for her rudeness, Joe! Do not listen to a word of it! Not a word!

Joe, I have always seen you as a deep well. Someone who thinks deeply about things. But sometimes? Maybe we can overthink things. You know what? I do not care if the other guy wins. I truly do not care. I believe what will be will be and I cannot afford to not pour out my heart when I feel empathy! I can't afford to remain silent although my words may offend or change someone's mind about me. About success...... My family was quite strong, even prominent and they were quite put off by my generous nature as a child. It just was not done in my family, Joe. Yet for me? It was as natural as breathing. To be sincere was to be willing to give away what I saw someone else in need of. If I had it, I had no problem parting with it. I always got the greatest pleasure in seeing someone sad become overwhelmed with joy! I believe it cured many of my own sorrows (which were not brought on by lack of money!). It just helped me to forget about myself!

It is possible that one becomes a sociopath because they cannot grasp the concept of giving rather than taking. Greed can do many evil things to a person. It would not surprise me to learn that greed contributed to the mindset of a sociopath. Not at all.

Sociopaths can be generous... philanthropic even.

We just don't feel guilty if we have nothing left to give and a cold twelve-pack with tickets to something frivolous.

I guess my point must be that 'sociopath' and 'evil' are no more synonymous than are 'evil' and 'imagination'.

We just don't feel guilty if we have nothing left to give and a cold twelve-pack with tickets to something frivolous.

I guess my point must be that 'sociopath' and 'evil' are no more synonymous than are 'evil' and 'imagination'.
Sociopaths are evil. But evil is not typically imaginative.

Going straight back to my point. If a person feels nothing perhaps they are beyond that point of frustration and coming to the place of I do not care (saying politely). Is that wrong? No. I believe everyone has their breaking point. What is missing? Understanding that people have their limitations! That is what is lacking. Compassion. Mercy. Love. Understanding. Forgiveness. Grace. God being there. We need to realize God is here and He alone is able. He alone is able.

Sociopaths are evil. But evil is not typically imaginative.

Maybe so! But Joe is not a sociopath! So get that through your mind, KG! Because that is the truth! Joe is not a sociopath! Stop insinuating otherwise!!!!!!!

Think.

Joe isn't going to be won.

That depends on the game ;)

Forum List

Back