Who Are You?

Joe isn't going to be won. Did God split the heavens open and tell us this? If so? I did not hear from God any such thing!! If my blood could boil? It would be happening right now!!

Joe, I have always seen you as a deep well. Someone who thinks deeply about things. But sometimes? Maybe we can overthink things. You know what? I do not care if the other guy wins. I truly do not care. I believe what will be will be and I cannot afford to not pour out my heart when I feel empathy! I can't afford to remain silent although my words may offend or change someone's mind about me. About success...... My family was quite strong, even prominent and they were quite put off by my generous nature as a child. It just was not done in my family, Joe. Yet for me? It was as natural as breathing. To be sincere was to be willing to give away what I saw someone else in need of. If I had it, I had no problem parting with it. I always got the greatest pleasure in seeing someone sad become overwhelmed with joy! I believe it cured many of my own sorrows (which were not brought on by lack of money!). It just helped me to forget about myself!

It is possible that one becomes a sociopath because they cannot grasp the concept of giving rather than taking. Greed can do many evil things to a person. It would not surprise me to learn that greed contributed to the mindset of a sociopath. Not at all.

Sociopaths can be generous... philanthropic even.

We just don't feel guilty if we have nothing left to give and a cold twelve-pack with tickets to something frivolous.

I guess my point must be that 'sociopath' and 'evil' are no more synonymous than are 'evil' and 'imagination'.
Sociopaths are evil. But evil is not typically imaginative.

Not all sociopaths are evil. No more so than all passions could be considered evil, even though a LOT of people die as a result of passion flare-ups.

And evil with no imagination would make a terribly boring movie, don't you think?

Joe, I have always seen you as a deep well. Someone who thinks deeply about things. But sometimes? Maybe we can overthink things. You know what? I do not care if the other guy wins. I truly do not care. I believe what will be will be and I cannot afford to not pour out my heart when I feel empathy! I can't afford to remain silent although my words may offend or change someone's mind about me. About success...... My family was quite strong, even prominent and they were quite put off by my generous nature as a child. It just was not done in my family, Joe. Yet for me? It was as natural as breathing. To be sincere was to be willing to give away what I saw someone else in need of. If I had it, I had no problem parting with it. I always got the greatest pleasure in seeing someone sad become overwhelmed with joy! I believe it cured many of my own sorrows (which were not brought on by lack of money!). It just helped me to forget about myself!

It is possible that one becomes a sociopath because they cannot grasp the concept of giving rather than taking. Greed can do many evil things to a person. It would not surprise me to learn that greed contributed to the mindset of a sociopath. Not at all.

We just don't feel guilty if we have nothing left to give and a cold twelve-pack with tickets to something frivolous.

I guess my point must be that 'sociopath' and 'evil' are no more synonymous than are 'evil' and 'imagination'.

Going straight back to my point. If a person feels nothing perhaps they are beyond that point of frustration and coming to the place of I do not care (saying politely). Is that wrong? No. I believe everyone has their breaking point. What is missing? Understanding that people have their limitations! That is what is lacking. Compassion. Mercy. Love. Understanding. Forgiveness. Grace. God being there. We need to realize God is here and He alone is able. He alone is able.

The good news is that most everyone brings all that and more to the table.

Does it really matter which combination of love, guilt and/or practicality we tap into when making decisions that could result in our imprisonment?

:dunno:

Not all sociopaths are evil. No more so than all passions could be considered evil, even though a LOT of people die as a result of passion flare-ups.

And evil with no imagination would make a terribly boring movie, don't you think?
Again. Sociopathy is not a character trait. If it was, the word would exist. And evil isn't imaginative, any more than you are.

In fact, evil is quite mundane and predictable. And incapable of seeing outside if it's own little box.

Do not bait her. The bottom line is you are not a sociopath! The very suggestion is an insult! Joe, the truth is ...you! Have been more loving to your animals than some have been to their own children. I say this to their shame. You are searching for answers. There is no reason to condemn a person for this. That includes you. At least you are interested! Which is more than we can say for some.

Going straight back to my point. If a person feels nothing perhaps they are beyond that point of frustration and coming to the place of I do not care (saying politely). Is that wrong? No. I believe everyone has their breaking point. What is missing? Understanding that people have their limitations! That is what is lacking. Compassion. Mercy. Love. Understanding. Forgiveness. Grace. God being there. We need to realize God is here and He alone is able. He alone is able.

I don't think it's something that comes and goes or gets worse or better as a Monkey ages...

I think that it is a trait that, like any and every other trait, we learn to live with.

:beer: To not fucking up beyond redemption, no matter what the root cause of any given stupidity!

It's not a black and white world, folks...

Earth Monkeys are painted in a minimum fifty shades of grey.

:smoke:

yay!!! the cuteness of baboons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we like baboons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana:

long live the baboon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did not read the book. But I do love you,Joe.

I didn't either. Not really interested.

I can't honestly say that I love you Jeri... but I do care a step or two above indifference. So you're right, I'm not 'a true sociopath'. I just understand and accept both the prevalence and the value of the trait in Monkey evolution.

I didn't either. Not really interested.

I can't honestly say that I love you Jeri... but I do care a step or two above indifference. So you're right, I'm not 'a true sociopath'. I just understand and accept both the prevalence and the value of the trait in Monkey evolution.
Ya see? I knew you were not a sociopath! And the rest, Joe? God has it under control. I'm not worried about it. I love you no matter what.

Sounds like a bunch of teenagers after their first joint. You think you are being profound,but you just sound dumb.

Hey now!

I write for entertainment purposes ONLY!

Any concepts crafted in the loads of crap that I spin in this or any other thread that hit too close to home are purely coincidental ;)

Hey now!

I write for entertainment purposes ONLY!

Any concepts crafted in the loads of crap that I spin in this or any other thread that hit too close to home are purely coincidental ;)

Ok then.I thought you were really in lala land there.

Joe isn't going to be won. Did God split the heavens open and tell us this? If so? I did not hear from God any such thing!! If my blood could boil? It would be happening right now!!
Don't cast pearls before swine.
How much time did Christ spend trying to convert the Pharisees, or Pilate? Did he spend time mollycoddling the moneychangers? Nope.

Forum List

Back