Who handled the pandemic better, Obama in his first year as POTUS or Biden?

Covid-19 emerged under Trump on a different continent. The H1N1 emerge in the Southwest and Mexico. So that put Obama's team a leg up so to speak. The Vaccine was developed in record time and there was no push back en mass from the GOP leaders or their media against the vaccines that time. The Trump team also got the vaccines developed in record time, but there has been tremendous politicization of them.

So Biden hopped on this ship after it struck the iceberg.

We did that.
No, the Obama/Xiden admin ordred testing to stop right after the WHO declared it a pandemic

Obama admin shut down H1N1 testing, complicating Biden's attacks on Trump's coronavirus screening​

Public health officials disagreed with Obama CDC's decision​

]
Joe Biden likes to claim he left President Trump a "playbook" for managing the coronavirus pandemic. That's a fantasy, unsupported by even the most basic facts. The reality is, the Obama-Biden Administration's swine flu response was a disaster, and Obama admitted that Biden "helped me manage H1N1."

FACT: The Obama-Biden Administration left the Strategic National Stockpile in dangerously short supply of N-95 respirator masks after deploying nearly all of them to combat the 2009 swine flu pandemic.

• There's no evidence that any effort was made to replenish the stockpile despite experts calling on the Obama-Biden Administration to do so. This is a serious failure for which Biden has still refused to accept responsibility.
FACT: The Obama-Biden Administration stopped all swine flu testing in the middle of the 2009 pandemic.

• Under Vice President Biden, the CDC was overruled and public health officials who insisted testing was still necessary were ignored.
  • As CBS reported at the time: "Some public health officials privately disagreed with the decision to stop testing and counting, telling CBS News that continued tracking of this new and possibly changing virus was important[.]"

BO has H1N1. His admin stopped testing and ignored it.

JB has COVID-19. His admin pushed mandatory shots, masks, and lockdowns.

Who did it better and why?

Obama, because we didn't panic & dumb down into complete idiocracy to serve political aspirations. Or to put in another way, H1N1 was tucked under the rug for political aspirations while the Democrats exploited people under COVID for political aspirations.

In other terms, do nothing > do something. After all it's the govt., we're better off when they don't do anything.

No, the Obama/Xiden admin ordred testing to stop right after the WHO declared it a pandemic
We tested flu and counted deaths throughout the year as we always do.

What we didn’t do was continue to differentiate H1N1 from all other strains of flu. We combined them all. You can question the wisdom of that, but what you can’t say is that stopping the differentiation of different strains resulted in fewer recorded deaths.

That’s how I know you don’t know what you’re talking about. If you understood anything that I just said, let’s hear your response. I don’t know that you will, because all you do is repeat the garbage nonsense that the right wing media puts in your head. There’s not a lot of understanding going on.

We tested flu and counted deaths throughout the year as we always do.

What we didn’t do was continue to differentiate H1N1 from all other strains of flu. We combined them all. You can question the wisdom of that, but what you can’t say is that stopping the differentiation of different strains resulted in fewer recorded deaths.

That’s how I know you don’t know what you’re talking about. If you understood anything that I just said, let’s hear your response. I don’t know that you will, because all you do is repeat the garbage nonsense that the right wing media puts in your head. There’s not a lot of understanding going on.
we didn't test for H1N1...the test were ordered to be stopped.

Facts, simple facts.

H1N1 killed about 12,500 people in US in 2009 (which is average for flu), Covid-19 killed 900,000 already and thats WITH lockdowns, masking, vaccinations and social distancing.

If you think the two are comparable from public healthcare policy standpoint then you seriously don't know your face from your ass.

And it was Trump, not Biden, who had actual lockdowns.
It was Progs in states and cities while Trump was President that had lockdowns. Prog lies are now at the point people are suffering to survive. But you do not even have the self-dignity and to be humble enough to admit you screwed up.

Obama, because we didn't panic & dumb down into complete idiocracy to serve political aspirations. Or to put in another way, H1N1 was tucked under the rug for political aspirations while the Democrats exploited people under COVID for political aspirations.

In other terms, do nothing > do something. After all it's the govt., we're better off when they don't do anything.

They didnt turn it political because Obama just got into office.

If McCain won, the POS dirtbag communist left would have done what they doing now,

H1N1 happened with Obama in office, so it was ignored.

COVID-19 happened with Trump in office, so it was exploited.

It’s not tough to compare.

1 year in office for each
a public health crisis for each

WHO HANDLED THE PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS DURING THEIR FIRST YEAR BETTER?

Obama did a good job of depleting the N95 masks in the Strategic National Stockpile to critical levels and doing nothing to replenish them.

Liberals are great at reaping the fruits of other peoples' efforts. That's about it.

Obama did a good job of depleting the N95 masks in the Strategic National Stockpile to critical levels and doing nothing to replenish them.
Actually they got OLD...

But hey...Trump had three fucking years to replenish them and did...yea...nothing

Was Fauci front and center of the swine pandemic like he was for Rona? I don’t recall him in 2009.

Forum List

Back