Who here "believes" that we'll have a NEW HC law by April 2017?

The GOP repeal and replacement will require 60 votes.
No, it will require a simple majority, same as ACA.
You are wrong on this. "While many Republicans support using budget reconciliation to repeal Obamacare, which is possible due to the tax and revenue-related elements of Obamacare, they cannot use the tactic to replace the bill." Republicans face stumbling blocks on Obamacare repeal - CNNPolitics.com

Take the time to read the link, Boss. They can't replace the bill with 51 votes.

Right now, it looks like McConnell has 47 votes to repeal and no more than 52 votes to replace ACA.

With the five GOP Senators slowing matters down and the 48 Dems opposed to any deal at the moment, McConnell is not going to get even 51 votes much less the 60 he needs.

Again, all he needs is 51 votes... a simple majority. And I don't have ANY evidence that ANY GOP senator is "slowing things down" ...that's YOUR claim and it probably comes from one of your FAKE NEWS outlets.

The GOP repeal and replacement will require 60 votes.
No, it will require a simple majority, same as ACA.
You are wrong on this. "While many Republicans support using budget reconciliation to repeal Obamacare, which is possible due to the tax and revenue-related elements of Obamacare, they cannot use the tactic to replace the bill." Republicans face stumbling blocks on Obamacare repeal - CNNPolitics.com

Take the time to read the link, Boss. They can't replace the bill with 51 votes.

Right now, it looks like McConnell has 47 votes to repeal and no more than 52 votes to replace ACA.

Again... repealing it is all I really care about right now. Fuck replacing it.

With the five GOP Senators slowing matters down and the 48 Dems opposed to any deal at the moment, McConnell is not going to get even 51 votes much less the 60 he needs.

Again, all he needs is 51 votes... a simple majority. And I don't have ANY evidence that ANY GOP senator is "slowing things down" ...that's YOUR claim and it probably comes from one of your FAKE NEWS outlets.

Well he did source CNN.....:lmao:

Not to replace the bill, no, it will require 60 votes. Do you understand the difference between repeal and replace? I have given the evidence above that five GOP senators are not on board. Why do you deny the truth. Most unlikely we will have a new HC law by April, yes. And notice, "HC law" means only a new government program. This is not going to the pre-Obama days. And McConnell does not have 50 votes to repeal.

The promise has been made and constantly repeated that Trump and republicans will repeal and replace the ACA within the first 100 days of this incoming administration.......

So, who here believes that such a promise WILL be kept and, of course, that the new law is different AND better than the current law?
The repeal is going to be largely symbolic.

They'll keep key protections, and without the built in protections for insurance companies, premiums will continue to increase at the rate they would have anyway.

Trump's administration will spin that in some way that Trump supporters will accept.

The promise has been made and constantly repeated that Trump and republicans will repeal and replace the ACA within the first 100 days of this incoming administration.......

So, who here believes that such a promise WILL be kept and, of course, that the new law is different AND better than the current law?

They'll keep key protections, and without the built in protections for insurance companies, premiums will continue to increase at the rate they would have anyway.

Trump's administration will spin that in some way that Trump supporters will accept.
The facts of the matter remain regardless of the nay sayers. So, the answer to the OP is that "no, we will have not have a new HC law by April 2017", and we probably still have ACA on the books.

Which is going to lead to growing and irreversible pressure for a single payer program. The nay sayers are stuck with the government's involvement forever more.

Not to replace the bill, no, it will require 60 votes. Do you understand the difference between repeal and replace? I have given the evidence above that five GOP senators are not on board. Why do you deny the truth. Most unlikely we will have a new HC law by April, yes. And notice, "HC law" means only a new government program. This is not going to the pre-Obama days. And McConnell does not have 50 votes to repeal.
The odd thing about what you wrote, is that I heard almost that same opinion, expressed in almost all of the same words, by a senior analyst at the medical insurer I work for just this week.

From what I gather, he seems to support Trump and repeal...but like me, he knows the ACA has metastasized itself to the healthcare insurance industry.

You can't just say "okay the ACA never happened". You can't find some mythical "attic" where the old support programs, and the people that left the insurance field, and all the pre ACA ways of business are just sitting under a blanket waiting to be dusted off.

What Republicans likely fail to understand...is that repeal of Obamacare would drive us closer to the tipping point where single payer government provided healthcare will be the reality.

If Congress throws the 20mm ACA insured back into the uninsured pool, the GOP would have a tough time weathering 2018 much less the 2020 political seasons. The government is immersed in health care insurance guarantees, and it seems no way exists in getting out of that swamp unless by a replacement program.

Well, the right wing got what it wanted, but it is not turning out as they wanted.

Short term, all that matters is that they shitcan Obamacare…

The facts of the matter remain regardless of the nay sayers. So, the answer to the OP is that "no, we will have not have a new HC law by April 2017", and we probably still have ACA on the books.

Which is going to lead to growing and irreversible pressure for a single payer program. The nay sayers are stuck with the government's involvement forever more.
Single payer is communism… Fact

If Congress throws the 20mm ACA insured back into the uninsured pool, the GOP would have a tough time weathering 2018 much less the 2020 political seasons. The government is immersed in health care insurance guarantees, and it seems no way exists in getting out of that swamp unless by a replacement program.

Well, the right wing got what it wanted, but it is not turning out as they wanted.
Progressives are too irresponsible and lazy to vote in the mid terms… Fact

Forum List

Back