Who is an American here?

As for me, I am not a foreigner since I have never been to the US. :)

I've never been to Russia, but I've read a decent amount of Dostoyevsky and Pushkin. :)
I've read War and Peace from Leo Tolstoy when I was at school :)

I tried reading War and Peace, but I was so overwhelmed with the number of characters in the beginning of the book lol. Maybe I had a bad translation of it. I might try again someday.
I noticed Tolstoy put dozens of characters in that book. When I did start to read the book I always had headaches
053.gif
:biggrin:
But then I loved that book. Now it's one of my favourites :bow2:

Do they read Russian-born Ayn Rand in Russia? How about Zamyatin, Trotsky, Pasternak, Nabokov, and Solzhenitsyn?

I was told about Ayn Rand by Americans but I think that she is hardly known in Russia.
I think that many heard of Zamyatin but he is not popular. And please, don't compare this communist ghoul Trotsky with our great people Pasternak and Nabokov :)

Proud American, born and raised. The most recent immigrants in my family were 116+ years ago and some parts of the family have been here since the early mid 17th century.

I can honestly say that in almost 43 years of life the furthest outside the US I've ever been is the Canadian side of Niagara Falls for an afternoon.

The only language I speak is American English.

Oh' my. I just realized we could be considered Russian collaborators for responding to Comrade Johnson. Hurry hide under the bed or something the Libs are coming.

My ancestors met some of my ancestors in what is now Massachusetts almost 400 years ago.

Some of my other ancestors were part of the Scandanavian immigration to the upper Midwest some 140 years ago.

My wife's people were Scots-Irish killing her English people until they all immigrated in the 1780s to Appalachia and onto the Old Southwest.

Do they read Russian-born Ayn Rand in Russia? How about Zamyatin, Trotsky, Pasternak, Nabokov, and Solzhenitsyn?
I think Nabokov is known almost everywhere :D
A friend of mine borrow me his masterpiece Lolita but I couldn't read all the book because it's too much erotic for me:ack-1:

I was told about Ayn Rand by Americans but I think that she is hardly known in Russia.
I think that many heard of Zamyatin but he is not popular. And please, don't compare this communist ghoul Trotsky with our great people Pasternak and Nabokov :)

Do you know Ilya Bryzgalov? He's a bit of a legend here in America now lol.

I'm a foreigner in the sense that my parents moved our family to the U.S. back in the early 80's, but I've since become a U.S. citizen. I was also a foreigner in the sense that I spent two semesters studying in France over 10 years ago, but I returned to my home state of California where I still live.

Do you consider English as your native language?

Maybe not my native language, but it's definitely the language I'm most fluent in and most comfortable speaking. My English is better than my French, which is better than my Korean, which is about as bad as my Spanish lol.

Interesting!

Another Korean-American.

And, the same: my English is better than my Korean....but still use it daily.

I'm a foreigner in the sense that my parents moved our family to the U.S. back in the early 80's, but I've since become a U.S. citizen. I was also a foreigner in the sense that I spent two semesters studying in France over 10 years ago, but I returned to my home state of California where I still live.

Maybe not my native language, but it's definitely the language I'm most fluent in and most comfortable speaking. My English is better than my French, which is better than my Korean, which is about as bad as my Spanish lol.

Interesting!

Another Korean-American.

I wish I was more fluent in Korean, but I grew up in Santa Barbara County where there aren't very many Asians. :)

Interesting!

Another Korean-American.

I wish I was more fluent in Korean, but I grew up in Santa Barbara County where there aren't very many Asians. :)

Mom insists.

Interesting!

Another Korean-American.

I had the family over last Thanksgiving....you might like seeing it with kimchee....

I Have The Same Job As President Trump!

Interesting!

Another Korean-American.

I had the family over last Thanksgiving....you might like seeing it with kimchee....

I Have The Same Job As President Trump!

Sweet. I'll check it out later. I'm at the office, but I'm headed home in a bit.

Forum List

Back