Eddie Van Halen
Don Gibson
Hank Williams
Let’s not forget prince

Last edited:
The "Best"... It's all subjective...
1602632513316.png

1602632340671.png

Of course it’s all subjective. But what hell, let’s play!!!

The BEST:
Blues - SRV
Country - Brent Mason
Rock - Eddie Van Halen
Jazz - Wes Montgomery
Overall - Eric Johnson

Hendrix was a wizard! Only slight critisism is playing with your teeth, and setting fire might be good theatre but doesn't sound very good.

I always found Eric Clapton 'predictable'.

My favorite was Paul Kossof (Free) who died in 1976 aged 25. - Screaming lead phrases backed up by menacing power chords.

1602636357252.png
1602636484681.png
1602636754535.png

Attachments

• 1602636263805.png
    1602636263805.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 17

Yngwie Malmsteen has a lot of haters but he is my ultimate guitar hero. I used to play his first few albums with my electric guitar in my youth and I was almost 90% accurate in copying his guitar solos.

Last edited:
When Paul Gilbert first heard Yngwie Malmsteen.

Here's Paul recently in Germany doing a shredding version of YYZ
(Human capo on the 3 string )

Paul doing YYZ with Mike Portnoy (drum solo)

The ending from 6:00 on is killer

Last edited:
Shredding or with finesse, no one did it better than Gary Moore.

Dude could sing well, and pumped out a rather large amount of kick-arse blues songs, despite not always having been in the genre. RIP

I know that pure skill wise, Clapton, Bonamassa, Derek Trucks, or Eric Steckel can also play at the highest levels. From there, it's just a debate on styles and in most cases, voice preferences that accompany.

Shredding or with finesse, no one did it better than Gary Moore.

Dude could sing well, and pumped out a rather large amount of kick-arse blues songs, despite not always having been in the genre. RIP

I know that pure skill wise, Clapton, Bonamassa, Derek Trucks, or Eric Steckel can also play at the highest levels. From there, it's just a debate on styles and in most cases, voice preferences that accompany.

His post- UFO work never got much radio play in the US, so most of us
never heard his solo stuff until after he died.

Yngwie Malmsteen has a lot of haters but he is my ultimate guitar hero. I used to play his first few albums with my electric guitar in my youth and I was almost 90% accurate in copying his guitar solos.

So can any HS music teacher.It's all scaling and vibrato

Forum List

Back