Who is the best hollywood actor/actress?

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
The one that can play ANY part with ease? And when they memorize their roll, they do it so well you actually believe they are that character no matter what movie they are in?

I liked Robin Williams. He was a serious bumbling but brilliant doctor in Awakenings. He was a great dad with issues, in Mrs. Doubtfire. He was the really bad guy in Insomnia. He could play any part with ease.

Who is the best actor EVER, in your opinion?

Patrick Stewart.

Back in the day...actors and actresses had to be able to sing, dance and ACT. Nowadays...most can't sing. Or dance. And barely act.

EVER? Hard to say. Daniel Day Lewis comes to mind. Jarrod Emick also comes to mine

Yes, Daniel Day-Lewis. Gary Oldman. Hugo Weaving. Ralph Fiennes. These are not the best ever, but they are among the best, and among the current best.

Last edited:
I love Australian actor Matt Passmore (A&E's The Glades and USA's Satisfaction) so much! :) :) :)

266504674b365ea6075ce4a0c59a6c3f

God bless you and him always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. To me, The Glades never should have been given the boot. :( :( :(

What I know about movies would fill approximately zero books, but there have been just a couple of times an actor became their role so well that I didn't even recognize them even though I had seen them before. One was Dustin Hoffman, the other was Marisa Tomei. So them's my picks.

Forgot about Gary Oldman. His performance in “The Professional” sort of left me cold though. Sometimes its the role, sometimes its the way you’re directed, sometimes it’s just whatever take the director and the editor selects. When he said “Everybody”…I just had to cringe.

Its just me (I know) but if I’m going to put you on the Mt. Rushmore of actors/actresses, I sort of judge you by roles where you didn’t hit the high notes. I think Oldman (in The Professional) sort of mailed it in a bit. Liked him in TTSP

Dustin Hoffman is a good one!

There are a lot of good actors...but they all played the same part or character in their movies. Charlise Theron was great in Boys Don't Cry, as the evil queen in The Huntsman, and that movie about the serial killer chick..can't think of the name of it right now, as the bad chick in Mad Max. Same person, different characters, excellent acting as each character that was different from the rest.

What I know about movies would fill approximately zero books, but there have been just a couple of times an actor became their role so well that I didn't even recognize them even though I had seen them before. One was Dustin Hoffman, the other was Marisa Tomei. So them's my picks.

I always thought Tomei was under-rated. Unhook the Stars is probably one of the best movies I have in my collection.

Denzel Washington. But he never really played more lighthearted parts, so he does not quite fit the King or Queen of all acting skills capabilities.

Forgot about Gary Oldman. His performance in “The Professional” sort of left me cold though. Sometimes its the role, sometimes its the way you’re directed, sometimes it’s just whatever take the director and the editor selects.

Also it's the way it hits you on any given day.

For me?

Edward G Robnson.

He played a lot of roles, but is usually only remembered as the gangster

Forum List

Back