Who said it?

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
Lambasting the unilateralism and go it alone mentality of the Bush Administration:

The debate over how the United States should conduct itself in the world is not new. After all, what is today's unilateralism but the right's old isolationist impulse in modern guise? At its core is a familiar and beguiling illusion: that America can escape an entangling world...that we can wield our enormous power without incurring obligations to others...and that we can pursue our national interests in arrogant ways that make a mockery of our nation's ideals. I am here today to reject the narrow vision of those who would build walls to keep the world out, or who would prefer to strike out on our own instead of forging coalitions and step by step creating a new world of law and mutual security. I believe the Bush Administration's blustering unilateralism is wrong, and even dangerous, for our country. In practice, it has meant alienating our long-time friends and allies, alarming potential foes and spreading anti-Americanism around the world...

The Bush Administration has a plan for waging war but no plan for winning the peace. It has invested mightily in the tools of destruction but meagerly in the tools of peaceful construction. It offers the peoples in the greater Middle East retribution and war but little hope for liberty and prosperity.

What America needs today is a smarter, more comprehensive and far-sighted strategy for modernizing the greater Middle East. It should draw on all of our nation's strengths: military might, the world's largest economy, the immense moral prestige of freedom and democracy - and our powerful alliances.

Hmmm... Was it the GREATEST PRESIDENT EVER IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNITED STATES, IN FACT, HE'S SO GREAT NO ONE WILL EVER BE BETTER SO WE SHOULD JUST MAKE HIM KING Barack Obama?

Hmmm... Was it the GREATEST VICE PRESIDENT EVER IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNITED STATES, IN FACT, HE'S SO GREAT NO ONE WILL EVER BE BETTER SO WE SHOULD JUST MAKE HIM COURT JESTER Joe Biden?

Nope.

That was none other than then-senator John Eff Kerry, currently SecState to an administration about to go it alone in Syria.
The hypocrisy of the Left knows no bounds.

Nope.

That was none other than then-senator John Eff Kerry, currently SecState to an administration about to go it alone in Syria.
The hypocrisy of the Left knows no bounds.

DAMN IT RABBI!

You didn't give me a chance to say...

Hmmm... Was it the GREATEST SECRETARY OF STATE EVER IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNITED STATES, IN FACT, HE'S SO GREAT NO ONE WILL EVER BE BETTER SO WE SHOULD JUST MAKE HIM DOG CATCHER of AMERICA John Kerry?

I ought to neg you for ruining my fun...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back