Who said that progressives don't have a sense of humor?

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Was that me?

The Students’ Society of McGill University’s (SSMU) Equity Policy will undergo review in the upcoming weeks, following concerns regarding the processing of a complaint against Vice-President Internal Brian Farnan filed in October last year.
The issue arose after councillors raised concerns regarding the stages of the policy that led to Farnan’s Jan. 27 public apology in response to allegations of racial insensitivity. The apology has received widespread attention, much of it critical.
“The reaction on social media has been overwhelmingly negative, anyone who suggests otherwise is in denial,” said Arts representative Benjamin Reedijk.
On Oct. 17, Farnan sent out a weekly SSMU listerv that included a link to a .gif file of United States President Barack Obama kicking down a door, originally a clip that was manipulated and aired by The Tonight Show.
“There was a complaint issued; [and] the process was followed—the public process as equity complaints are done,” Farnan said.

Equity policy could face revision following ?Farnan-gate? backlash | McGill Tribune

Do you remember that clip?

Last edited by a moderator:
The very first thought that came to my mind when I saw the clip was "Jay Leno is a racist" I was shocked. I was appalled!
I immediately decided I would never watch "The Tonight Show starring Jay Leno" ever again! That was February 6th, 2014. I have kept my word as I haven't watched his show since that disgraceful night of racism.

There was nothing racist about it. When anyone disagrees with Obama or picks on him the way they have with EVERY OTHER president, the cries of racism ensue. All that is happening is people treating him the way they've treated others. That is equality. Obama wants it the other way around. He doesn't want to be treated the same as others. We are supposed to treat him special and not disagree with him in any way.

I am tired of being expected to walk on eggshells and treat him with kid gloves. No president has been immune from criticism and late night jokes. Leno was just as harsh with Clinton and Bush. The media has taken a totally different approach to Obama and, by doing so, defines him simply by color. We are supposed to treat him like a delicate child and the slightest thing results in accusations of racism.

There was nothing racist about it. When anyone disagrees with Obama or picks on him the way they have with EVERY OTHER president, the cries of racism ensue. All that is happening is people treating him the way they've treated others. That is equality. Obama wants it the other way around. He doesn't want to be treated the same as others. We are supposed to treat him special and not disagree with him in any way.

I am tired of being expected to walk on eggshells and treat him with kid gloves. No president has been immune from criticism and late night jokes. Leno was just as harsh with Clinton and Bush. The media has taken a totally different approach to Obama and, by doing so, defines him simply by color. We are supposed to treat him like a delicate child and the slightest thing results in accusations of racism.

Oh, yah...Barry be passin'...jess lyke so many o' his predecessors. long as he gots sum wyt blud...he be passin'...

The very first thought that came to my mind when I saw the clip was "Jay Leno is a racist" I was shocked. I was appalled!
I immediately decided I would never watch "The Tonight Show starring Jay Leno" ever again! That was February 6th, 2014. I have kept my word as I haven't watched his show since that disgraceful night of racism.

Opposition to Obama is because he is a black man, right?

You really have to work on your sense of humor Rabbit. FYI, February 6th was Leno's last "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno"! :lol: Whew, that really flew over your head!:eusa_whistle:

:lol::lol:

You really have to work on your sense of humor Rabbit. FYI, February 6th was Leno's last "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno"! :lol: Whew, that really flew over your head!:eusa_whistle:

So you think Kiwiman was wrong to be offended and say Leno is a racist? Tell me about it.

I KNOW you said that with your tongue firmly planted in your cheek!

:clap2: :razz:

When I was in high school I was a Thespian (not to be confused with lesbian), I guess I still must be one heck of a drama actor.
I want to thank Rabbi for pointing out that I still possess these unique acting skills! Broadway, here I come!

When I was in high school I was a Thespian (not to be confused with lesbian), I guess I still must be one heck of a drama actor.
I want to thank Rabbi for pointing out that I still possess these unique acting skills! Broadway, here I come!

I find that when one wants to be sarcastic in a non-speaking environment (i.e. internet) one must use extreme hyperbole or risk being taken seriously.

Forum List

Back