Who should the Sixers make a play for this off season?

HaShev

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2009
Sixers have the cap space and trade assets to make some good moves, but damn they always forget to solidify that backup Center (or they botch their choice and stick with the nistake)and remember REBOUNDING when grabbing PF and Sf. So who should they go after? I personally hate the idea of huge salary for a scorer not much better than you have or had, and all your eggs in one fragile basket in todays NBA is a mistake that shouldn't even be in a discussion.
For center, we should consider grabbing if possible: Jonas Valanciunas from New Orleans.
For PF Lauri Markkanen makes the most sense, a great scorer rebounder from both SF and PF.
If we can keep Oubre off the bench along with Council, we would finally solve our lack of stable SF's.
Starter third star SG/SF: Mikal Bridges(although not a rebounder) or Brandon Ingram might cost some assets but at least they won't cost a Butler like salary, and Butler never really fit last time around, how quickly people forget he never got enough touches, we can get that 16-18 pts from Oubre or Council, but maybe not that defense and drive. Just not worth hampering the budget needed to fill out the bench.

Go get James Harden again!
Funny, but we could use the type of rebounding and assists he brings for his position (like Simmons gave us at the PG). When Harden tries to defend he actually is a pest, but most times he shows no effort in order to conserve energy, which means the coaches fail to properly distribute his minutes and coach him on the defensive game which when he tries, always leads to his easy points on his breakaways.
Always go forward never backwards, which is why I never said to go get Drummond or Butler.

Sixers have the cap space and trade assets to make some good moves, but damn they always forget to solidify that backup Center (or they botch their choice and stick with the nistake)and remember REBOUNDING when grabbing PF and Sf. So who should they go after? I personally hate the idea of huge salary for a scorer not much better than you have or had, and all your eggs in one fragile basket in todays NBA is a mistake that shouldn't even be in a discussion.
For center, we should consider grabbing if possible: Jonas Valanciunas from New Orleans.
For PF Lauri Markkanen makes the most sense, a great scorer rebounder from both SF and PF.
If we can keep Oubre off the bench along with Council, we would finally solve our lack of stable SF's.
Starter third star SG/SF: Mikal Bridges(although not a rebounder) or Brandon Ingram might cost some assets but at least they won't cost a Butler like salary, and Butler never really fit last time around, how quickly people forget he never got enough touches, we can get that 16-18 pts from Oubre or Council, but maybe not that defense and drive. Just not worth hampering the budget needed to fill out the bench.

Go to Europe and get someone tall who can shoot the ball. Jokic and Porzingas!

Go to Europe and get someone tall who can shoot the ball. Jokic and Porzingas!
we had one Filip Petrusev (I thought he was a poor man's Porzingas), but each year he fell short of making the team, never given an honest chance, most rookies get slighted by the Sixers. I think we traded his rights but might still be available.

If they do not get one of the top aging players available, they may go for DeRozan.
I like DeRozen, versitile but for what we need he's not a rebounder or 3 point threat.
We need a SF that can grab close to 6 rebounds a game preferebly more than 1 offensive rebound a game avg and 8+ per game at the PF position with more than 1.5 offensive rebounds a game.
Should shoot min 36% of their 3's and min 4-5 attempts a game.

I like DeRozen, versitile but for what we need he's not a rebounder or 3 point threat.
We need a SF that can grab close to 6 rebounds a game preferebly more than 1 offensive rebound a game avg and 8+ per game at the PF position with more than 1.5 offensive rebounds a game.
Should shoot min 36% of their 3's and min 4-5 attempts a game.
The league eventually exposed Ben Wallace as a liability at the end of a close game. Or hack a shaq.

Maybe these big white guys from overseas are better shooters than the talent nba teams can get from college teams.

Dennis Rodman was awesome

Funny, but we could use the type of rebounding and assists he brings for his position (like Simmons gave us at the PG). When Harden tries to defend he actually is a pest, but most times he shows no effort in order to conserve energy, which means the coaches fail to properly distribute his minutes and coach him on the defensive game which when he tries, always leads to his easy points on his breakaways.
Always go forward never backwards, which is why I never said to go get Drummond or Butler.

Uh, NO on Harden. Since his early “decent run” in HOU (yet no titles, despite playoff series leads) where he collapsed in Game7s’ he has become a cancer of the extremely invasive variety. His play has slowed down to mediocre-poor overall. He has a good game a few times a year. He is fat, slow, out of shape and has no brains or loyalty. He is not even in the same stratosphere as SA (on OKC), Luca, Murray or Edwards. You can get 100 better cheaper off any D league team.

Seems odd these teams get beat up in the playoffs the suddenly “decide to play defense” and win a few games fairly easily, with the filthy MSM gushing over their sudden newfound heart.

WTH? Why don’t they play “defense” before digging a deep hole? Only NY in the East seemed fairly consistent.

Seems odd these teams get beat up in the playoffs the suddenly “decide to play defense” and win a few games fairly easily, with the filthy MSM gushing over their sudden newfound heart.

WTH? Why don’t they play “defense” before digging a deep hole? Only NY in the East seemed fairly consistent.
I think as far as the sixers go, in the past they can play a guy like Thybulle who is a beast defensively but not a threat to shoot leaving his man open to defend on a double team of our shooters and ball movers like Embid and at the time Harden. Same problem with Tucker, they can double team, because of these non shooters who can't open the floor and leave the stars shut down and frustrated while giving up many turnovers. Also in the playoff the stars get drained through poor minute management (tighter roster) and that leads to better defense (turnovers and dumb mistakes through pressure.)
Lastly the playoff teams have better deep rosters better defenders then the low ranked teams who usually lack consistency of defensive effort.

Uh, NO on Harden. Since his early “decent run” in HOU (yet no titles, despite playoff series leads) where he collapsed in Game7s’ he has become a cancer of the extremely invasive variety. His play has slowed down to mediocre-poor overall. He has a good game a few times a year. He is fat, slow, out of shape and has no brains or loyalty. He is not even in the same stratosphere as SA (on OKC), Luca, Murray or Edwards. You can get 100 better cheaper off any D league team.
The Lakers found Reeves for example.

I also think Antonio Davis doesn’t have 7 games in him. He’s good but broken down.

so notice game one was Thursday and game 2 Sunday? Wtf? Game 1 and 2 should be Thursday and Friday and game 3 should b Sunday.

if it goes 7 that will be on the 22nd of June?.. People are going to lose interest. Bu perhaps they did this for the old guys. Give them rest between games so both teams are healthy. I get it.

I had a good run betting when it is tight, exciting, close and more predictable games. DEN killed me in game 6,7? DAL killed me game 1 at BOS (did not even break 50 pts between both teams in QTR 2,3 after 57pts in Q1. DAL scored less than 25 in both Q2, Q3.

Up -down, ugly game. 49 missed shots by DAL I think? I lost every single bet. Not asking sympathy. I should have known better Game one, on the road. I needed DAL+7.5 over 207.5? If you grab those bets early, the odds are good, like 3:1. If you wait till it looks like a more sure it is more like 1:4, of course.

I had been riding high on INDY, OKC, DAL games. Even at times NY vs. PHI was well played, 50+ pt quarters.

Tonight, I would expect tighter, better game. Not sure that Pollack can hit 9-10 in the first 6 min again! He killed my spread bets. He killed DAL. I expect Jason Kidd to come up with better game plan.

But you NEVER feel sure betting NBA. Truly gambling. Betting on NFL (KC) goes better. All but OAK Tday game was predictable. I made out that Balt playoff game + SB. KC very very good to me. Even those games were far from certain. Took a turnover at the goal line to stop BALT.

Sometimes FanDuel feels sorry and offers special bets. I had Luca 2:1 to score 45 (points + rebounds + assists). I bet it big, then sweated till late 4th quarter stuck on 43. They finally put him back in and he ended at 47.

Nothing is ever easy it seems. Betting this stuff can give you heartattack. I once lost a massive tri-fecta payoff because ORE ended up going into OT vs. TX? Then losing so badly in OT! I lost another big OVER at the buzzer on goaltending in a meaningless ending. They went to the monitors while I was rolling over the bet winnings I thought I had. LOL! You never know!

I had ORE locked: ORE and points, plus the over at end of regulation. Then…….Dear God in Heaven TX pulled a miracle off. I lost another bet by one point because College guy missed all three free throws at end of game. He was 75-85%?

Forum List

Back