Who Started The Civil War?

Here I am watching the NYYankees, and pitcher Jordan Montgomery....making his first appearance....

.....turns out he was born in Sumter, South Carolina.

"Number one, Charleston is in SOUTH Carolina, not North. NC hadn't even seceded yet."
Sooo....as a self-proclaimed spokesperson for buffoons everywhere, you're making an argument that firing on a federal facility is peachy keen if you live nearby.

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnope. I'm pointing out that your "research" is so shoddy you can't even find the right state. Charleston is nowhere near North Carolina. You don't have a clue what you're talking about. Or as the rest of us call it --- "Wednesday".

3. "Number three (a), the KKK (which was founded AFTER, not DURING, the Civil War) was founded by ex-Confederate soldiers with no political connections..."

Now watch me ram this lie back down your throat:

Liberal historian Eric Foner writes that the Klan was “…a military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party…” Foner, “Reconstruction: America’s Unfinished Revolution, 1863-1877,” p. 425

Once again, as ever before, you edited out part of Foner's text. And the text you edited out was the phrase "in effect". Which means something that has the effect of --- not a direct relationship. And why did you edit that phrase out? Because you're a dishonest lying hack bent on keeping myths on life support.

Now here's the reality --- the Klan was founded on Christmas 1865 by six twentysomething ex-Confederate soldiers, their names being Capt. John B. Kennedy, Capt. John Lester, James Crowe, Richard Reed, Calvin Jones and Frank McCord, in the law office building of Thomas Jones at 205 West Madison Street in Pulaski Tennessee. None of them had any known political affiliations (and Tennessee was at the time disenfranchised anyway). Nor did they found it with a political purpose; in fact they consciously took pains to avoid such connotations.

There it is--- names, dates and places. Go ahead --- just TRY to prove me wrong.

You won't.

4. "Number three (b) Bill Clinton did not "suggest Barack O'bama should be carrying his bags". Prove me wrong,"

Sure....I'll prove you wrong for the fourth time:

"Bill Clinton on Obama: 'A Few Years Ago, This Guy Would Have Been Carrying Our Bags'"
Bill Clinton on Obama: 'A Few Years Ago, This Guy Would Have Been Carrying Our Bags'

And once again the Illiterati regurgitate their illiteracy.

What does the conditional modal auxillary "would have" mean? Does it mean something the speaker actually personally prefers? Do you actually not understand the difference between "would" (Clinton's word) and "should" (yours)? Are you that stupid?

Or just that degree of dishonest lying hack?

Perhaps both.

You can run, but you can't hide.
So saith the Brown Bomber

Jefferson Davis....Democrat
KKK....created to serve Democrats
Bill 'the rapist' Clinton....wished for darkies carrying his bags.....but not getting the nomination over his wife, the congenital liar.

Those are the fact....

Oh....one more fact: you're a dunce.

Reduced to ad hom already Whelp --- I predicted you could not prove me wrong. And I was right.

And once again --- the Klan was founded AFTER, not BEFORE, the War. That's documented history. So it's irrelevant to your topic anyway.

/thread

Admit it....I destroyed you with facts and truth.

KKK was founded by and for the Democrat Party.

Now....how the Civil War began?
a. Major Robert Anderson and 85 men were stranded in Fort Sumter.

b. Surrounding him were hundreds of militiamen and coastal guns.

c. Lincoln refused to give the fort up, but the fort was running out of food: if he sent a supply convoy into Charleston Bay, he would be blamed for starting the war.....but how could he give in, and give up the fort?

d. William Seward tried to undermine Lincoln....telling Lincoln to give up the fort for 'goodwill.'

e. On April 5, Lincoln dispatched a fleet of supply ships with the proviso that was relayed to Jefferson Davis: the vessels would be unarmed, with the only cargo "food for hungry men."

f. Firing on the defenseless ships would have been an act of war by the Confederacy.

g. On Tuesday, April 9, Davis held a cabinet meeting, deciding on war. Three days later, and hours before the ships would arrive....the Southern forces attacked the fort.
"Double Death: The True Story of Pryce Lewis, the Civil War's Most Daring Spy,"by Gavin Mortimer, p.70-71

The First Battle of Fort Sumter opened on April 12, 1861, when Confederate artillery fired on the Union garrisonhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Sumter

Wipe the drool off your chin, and take notes.
The ego on this one is HILARIOUS. She thinks she is gods gift to the world because she can write long posts and put lots of goofy links in them....LOL

Capitalize 'God' and you come closer to being accurate than any of your other posts.
no thanks. god doesn't exist so it shall stay like it is. :)

Well, then....all of your posts are equally inaccurate.

When your IQ reaches 50 you should sell.

Also derivative.

"When ignorance goes to fifty bucks a barrel, I want drilling rights on that man's head" --- Texas state legislator, probably 1990s

How very......important.

As one of my professors once put it...'he sticks to me like manure to a wet blanket.'

Here I am watching the NYYankees, and pitcher Jordan Montgomery....making his first appearance....

Excellent, so we have an answer. Jordan Montgomery started the Civil War. Resolved.

I must say, it makes about as much sense as anything else you dumped here.

Oh one more thing..... I call this "the heater".....

yankee-hat-fire.jpg

"Number one, Charleston is in SOUTH Carolina, not North. NC hadn't even seceded yet."
Sooo....as a self-proclaimed spokesperson for buffoons everywhere, you're making an argument that firing on a federal facility is peachy keen if you live nearby.

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnope. I'm pointing out that your "research" is so shoddy you can't even find the right state. Charleston is nowhere near North Carolina. You don't have a clue what you're talking about. Or as the rest of us call it --- "Wednesday".

3. "Number three (a), the KKK (which was founded AFTER, not DURING, the Civil War) was founded by ex-Confederate soldiers with no political connections..."

Liberal historian Eric Foner writes that the Klan was “…a military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party…” Foner, “Reconstruction: America’s Unfinished Revolution, 1863-1877,” p. 425

Once again, as ever before, you edited out part of Foner's text. And the text you edited out was the phrase "in effect". Which means something that has the effect of --- not a direct relationship. And why did you edit that phrase out? Because you're a dishonest lying hack bent on keeping myths on life support.

Now here's the reality --- the Klan was founded on Christmas 1865 by six twentysomething ex-Confederate soldiers, their names being Capt. John B. Kennedy, Capt. John Lester, James Crowe, Richard Reed, Calvin Jones and Frank McCord, in the law office building of Thomas Jones at 205 West Madison Street in Pulaski Tennessee. None of them had any known political affiliations (and Tennessee was at the time disenfranchised anyway). Nor did they found it with a political purpose; in fact they consciously took pains to avoid such connotations.

There it is--- names, dates and places. Go ahead --- just TRY to prove me wrong.

You won't.

4. "Number three (b) Bill Clinton did not "suggest Barack O'bama should be carrying his bags". Prove me wrong,"

"Bill Clinton on Obama: 'A Few Years Ago, This Guy Would Have Been Carrying Our Bags'"
Bill Clinton on Obama: 'A Few Years Ago, This Guy Would Have Been Carrying Our Bags'

What does the conditional modal auxillary "would have" mean? Does it mean something the speaker actually personally prefers? Do you actually not understand the difference between "would" (Clinton's word) and "should" (yours)? Are you that stupid?

Perhaps both.

Bill 'the rapist' Clinton....wished for darkies carrying his bags.....but not getting the nomination over his wife, the congenital liar.

Those are the fact....

Reduced to ad hom already Whelp --- I predicted you could not prove me wrong. And I was right.

And once again --- the Klan was founded AFTER, not BEFORE, the War. That's documented history. So it's irrelevant to your topic anyway.

/thread

That's good, since there was no democrat party back then....There was a democratic party....Damn if those sheep skins don't come in handy..

The Yankees did with their tariffs. They gonna tax people in country to buy a product that they need.

That's really the main reason.

Pay no attention to the secession documents of most of the Southern states, which specifically stated they were seceding over slavery.

Yes, there was an economic issue, concerning an economy based on slavery. It always comes back to the slavery, no matter how you try to get away from it.
The reason the South seceded was, indeed, over slavery.

The reason President Lincoln invaded the South, thus starting the Civil War, was to preserve the Union.

I proved quite the opposite.

You hide ignorance as well as a bikini hides an extra 50 pounds.

What you try to hide behind 'name-calling' is more correctly described as correctly identifying dunces like you.

Before you next post, you should consider asking yourself” Do I really want the word ‘moron’ in my obituary?”
Take a Midol, dear. You'll feel better. Perhaps then you'll stop making death threats to people who disagree with you.

Shaking in your paper slippers, huh?
Not at all. Just curiously observing you go nuts on the Internet.

Correcting your lacunae is 'going nuts on the Internet'?

Seems you're trying to hide your embarrassment.....it's not working.

You won't.

Perhaps both.

Those are the fact....

/thread

Wrong. I already listed exactly who founded it, when, and where. As a social club with no political implications, by young men with no political connections.

I challenged you to prove any of that wrong and you have failed. All you have is gainsaying, and that's not making a point.

That's because you're a failing failure who fails. A lying liar who lies. A disingenuous hack who disingenuously hacks. I could go on but you've already made the point.

And once again for the short bus riders ---- Christmas 1865 continues to be AFTER, not BEFORE, the Civil War. Therefore according to linear time it CANNOT have been a causation since it did not EXIST.

Go ahead, try to prove that wrong too.

:dig:

I should just take a kryptonite avatar. Save typing.

You won't.

Perhaps both.

Those are the fact....

/thread

That much I know is true. KKK was formed to suppress freed black people.

The First Blacks In Congress Were All Republicans

AKA The War of Northern Aggression.

o870qp.jpg

Yet I just proved that the South started it.

Try again.

You didn't prove jack shit, except that you are a damn idiot. And the rant about the Democratic party was beyond stupid. But two can play that game. Yep, Lincoln's Republican party is the same as the Republican party of today. The whole slavery issue and the idea that the North supported the freedom of slaves is historical revisionism at it's worse and just as accurate as the claim the Republican party of today is for the working man. Five years after the war, Lysander Spooner, an abolitionist,

All these cries of having ‘abolished slavery,’ of having ‘saved the country,’ of having ‘preserved the Union,’ of establishing a ‘government of consent,’ and of ‘maintaining the national honor’ are all gross, shameless, transparent cheats—so transparent that they ought to deceive no one.”

That was five years after the war and here you are. more than 150 years later attempting to perpetuate the same bullshit. Don't like Spooner, how about Charles Dickens--a strong opponent of slavery.

The Northern onslaught upon slavery is no more than a piece of specious humbug disguised to conceal its desire for economic control of the United States.

It was all about economic control. The North was more than happy to allow slavery as long as the North got the bulk of the value of the slave's production. Just as the Republican party is happy to allow legal abortion as long as the wealthy get to continue to manipulate the tax code. Lincoln was not about the "will of the people". Lincoln was all about the POWER of the federal government. He famously jumped out of a second story window to avoid a quorum call in order to protect railroad subsidies while serving in the Illinois legislature. He suspended Habeas Corpus, locked up dissenting newspaper editors, and even attempted to have a justice of the Supreme Court arrested simply for ruling against him. He was a despot and, more than any other individual, he DESTROYED the nation that the founders established and returned it back to England.

Clean up your language and re-submit this, and I'll rip you to shreds.

Yeah, and if you didn't have your good shirt on you would whoop my ass. What a joke. How about you just provide a rebuttal to Charles Dickens.

The Northern onslaught upon slavery is no more than a piece of specious humbug disguised to conceal its desire for economic control of the United States.

And honestly, it takes a damn fool to make the argument that the Republican Party of the middle 19th Century is the same as the Republican Party today. What about tariffs? Who is for free trade now. is it the democrats? The Republican platform of 1860 said nothing about banning slavery, only about containing it. However it did provide strong support for the Transcontinental Railroad--so is the Republican Party supporting bullet trains today? NO. That same 1860 Republican platform also strongly advocated a Homestead Act giving FREE LAND to settlers. Today's Republican party believes in taking land from settlers and giving it to industry.

You want more?

"And honestly, it takes a damn fool to make the argument that the Republican Party of the middle 19th Century is the same as the Republican Party today."

The issue under discussion is slavery, and so the two parties are the very same as they were in 1860.

You want more?

You won't.

Perhaps both.

Those are the fact....

/thread

Nope. It was founded as a social club because six ex-war vets were bored in a small town. Not for any political purpose, not for any racial purpose. That's documented. And I'm afraid it's a lot better documented than just citing some amateurish blog page that gets the whole thing wrong and thereby perpetuates the same mythology --- a blog page subtitled "facts the media don't want you to know" citing no sources whatsoever.

Elements later infiltrated it and took it to other purposes. Elements that had already existed. By which time, the six originals were long since out of the loop.

Excellent, so we have an answer. Jordan Montgomery started the Civil War. Resolved.

I must say, it makes about as much sense as anything else you dumped here.

Oh one more thing..... I call this "the heater".....

yankee-hat-fire.jpg

OMG!!!

Back again with no substance, merely an attempt to hide his embarrassment.
Your latest post has changed your status from merely a hint of stupidity to an announcement.

You won't.

Perhaps both.

Those are the fact....

/thread

Wrong. I already listed exactly who founded it, when, and where. As a social club with no political implications, by young men with no political connections.

I challenged you to prove any of that wrong and you have failed. All you have is gainsaying, and that's not making a point.

That's because you're a failing failure who fails. A lying liar who lies. A disingenuous hack who disingenuously hacks. I could go on but you've already made the point.

And once again for the short bus riders ---- Christmas 1865 continues to be AFTER, not BEFORE, the Civil War. Therefore according to linear time it CANNOT have been a causation since it did not EXIST.

Let's judge who to believe....you, or....
"Eric Foner (born February 7, 1943) is an American historian. He writes extensively on American political history, the history of freedom, the early history of the Republican Party, African American biography, Reconstruction, and historiography, and has been a member of the faculty at the Columbia University Department of History since 1982. Foner is a leading contemporary historian of the post-Civil War Reconstruction period,..."
Eric Foner - Wikipedia

He writes this:
...the Klan was “…a military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party…” Foner, “Reconstruction: America’s Unfinished Revolution, 1863-1877,” p. 425

And your avi should be a rapidly aging barrel of effluvia.

You won't.

Perhaps both.

Those are the fact....

/thread

...and Republicans:

"The night riders move through the darkness, white against the black road....they go about their business, their horsed draped, guns and bullwhips banging dully against saddles.

....this is the South Carolina of the 1870s, not of the turn of a new millennium, and the night riders are the terror of these times. They roam upcountry, visiting their version of justice on poor blacks and the Republicans that support them, refusing to bow to the requirements of the Fourteenth and Fifteenth Amendments."

From the novel "The White Road," by John Connolly

What you try to hide behind 'name-calling' is more correctly described as correctly identifying dunces like you.

Before you next post, you should consider asking yourself” Do I really want the word ‘moron’ in my obituary?”
Take a Midol, dear. You'll feel better. Perhaps then you'll stop making death threats to people who disagree with you.

Shaking in your paper slippers, huh?
Not at all. Just curiously observing you go nuts on the Internet.

Correcting your lacunae is 'going nuts on the Internet'?

Seems you're trying to hide your embarrassment.....it's not working.
I'm content to let others decide that for themselves. Are you out of Midol? Try a couple aspirin.

You won't.

Perhaps both.

Those are the fact....

/thread

"Eric Foner (born February 7, 1943) is an American historian. He writes extensively on American political history, the history of freedom, the early history of the Republican Party, African American biography, Reconstruction, and historiography, and has been a member of the faculty at the Columbia University Department of History since 1982. Foner is a leading contemporary historian of the post-Civil War Reconstruction period,..."
Eric Foner - Wikipedia

He writes this:
...the Klan was “…a military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party…” Foner, “Reconstruction: America’s Unfinished Revolution, 1863-1877,” p. 425

You would appear to have cornered the effluvian market --- not to mention the mendacity misslie stockpile, having trotted in the same edited misquote you got shot down earlier, apparently expecting different results this time.

Now that you've assumed the position, you want your coffin nailed shut? Can do.

>> It was the boredom of small-town life that led six young Confederate veterans to gather around a fireplace one December evening in 1865 and form a social club. The place was Pulaski, tenn., near the Alabama border.

When they reassembled a week later, the six young men were full of ideas for their new society. It would be secret, to heighten the amusement of the thing, and the titles for the various offices were to have names as preposterous-sounding as possible, partly for the fun of it and partly to avoid any military or political implications. Thus the head of the group was called the Grand Cyclops. His assistant was the Grand Magi. There was to be a Grand Turk to greet all candidates for admission, a Grand Scribe to act as secretary, Night Hawks for messengers and a Lictor to be the guard.

The members, when the six young men found some to join, would be called Ghouls. But what to name the society itself? The founders were determined to come up with something unusual and mysterious. Being well-educated, they turned to the Greek language. After tossing around a number of ideas, Richard R. Reed suggested the word “kuklos,” from which the english words “circle” and “cycle” are derived. Another member, Capt. John B. Kennedy, had an ear for alliteration and added the word “”clan.” After tinkering with the sound for a while they settled on Ku Klux Klan.

The selection of the name, chance though it was, had a great deal to do with the Klan’s early success. Something about the sound aroused curiosity and gave the fledgling club an immediate air of mystery, as did the initials K.K.K., which were soon to take on such terrifying significance.

Soon after the founders named the Klan, they decided to do a bit of showing off, and so disguised themselves in sheets and galloped their horses through the quiet streets of tiny Pulaski. Their ride created such a stir that the men decided to adopt the sheets as the official regalia of the Ku Klux Klan, and they added to the effect by donning grotesque masks and tall pointed hats. They also performed elaborate initiation ceremonies for new members. Similar to the hazing popular in college fraternities, the ceremony consisted of blindfolding the candidate, subjecting him to a series of silly oaths and rough handling, and finally bringing him before a “royal altar” where he was to be invested with a “royal crown.” The altar turned out to be a mirror and the crown two large donkey’s ears.

Ridiculous though it sounds today, that was the high point of the earliest activities of the Ku Klux Klan. Had that been all there was to the Ku Klux Klan, it probably would have disappeared as quietly as it was born. But at some point in early 1866, the club added new members from nearby towns and began to have a chilling effect on local blacks.... <<

(more at the link)
Care for another nail?

>> Extremism in America/ADL

About the Ku Klux Klan
The Ku Klux Klan is a racist, anti-Semitic movement with a commitment to extreme violence to achieve its goals of racial segregation and white supremacy.
... At first, the Ku Klux Klan focused its anger and violence on African-Americans, on white Americans who stood up for them, and against the federal government which supported their rights. Subsequent incarnations of the Klan, which typically emerged in times of rapid social change, added more categories to its enemies list, including Jews, Catholics (less so after the 1970s), homosexuals, and different groups of immigrants.

Founder: Confederate Civil War veterans Captain John C. Lester, Major James R. Crowe, John D. Kennedy, Calvin Jones, Richard R. Reed, Frank O. McCord <<​

Had enough? No?

>> The first Klan was created by six men from Pulaski Tennessee, in the image of other secret societies of the day. The hierarchical organization with local chapters housed under a national umbressa [sic] structure.

... History and context:

The first KKK was formed in the American South at the end of the civil war, when the victorious Union government imposed a version of martial law on the south and began to enforce laws designed to end segregation against black citizens. When a constitutional amendment granted black men the right to vote in 1870, the group turned to intimidation and violence to try to halt de-segregation. << (Terrorism: About.com)
Still going :lalala: ?

>> The 19th-century Klan was originally organized as a social club by Confederate veterans in Pulaski, Tenn., in 1866. They apparently derived the name from the Greek word kyklos, from which comes the English circle; Klan was added for the sake of alliteration and Ku Klux Klan emerged. The organization quickly became a vehicle for Southern white underground resistance to Radical Reconstruction. Klan members sought the restoration of white supremacy through intimidation and violence aimed at the newly enfranchised black freedmen. A similar organization, the Knights of the White Camelia, began in Louisiana in 1867. << << --- Encyclopedia Brittanica
Want more? 'Cuz I gots lots more. The weird thing is --- you already KNOW I gots lots more since I've mopped the floor with your spandex in the past and yet ---- like the edited quote --- here you come again running the same bullshit play expecting different results when the history has not changed. Hard to believe.

Go ahead, look it up and prove me wrong. Try Wiki. Try the House Committe on UnAmerican Activities, 1967. Try anything you want. I've got all that too and I'll know where those edits are as well, you dishonest hack.

One more, for old time's sake..............

plaque1_6.gif

Masochism --- never understood it.

And for the fourth time ---- Christmas 1865 is eight months *AFTER* --- not BEFORE, AFTER ---- the Civil War was over. You cannot hold a subsequent event to be a causation. Take a moment to ponder exactly the degree of stupid that would be necessary to do that.

Last edited:

You won't.

Perhaps both.

Those are the fact....

/thread

...and Republicans:

"The night riders move through the darkness, white against the black road....they go about their business, their horsed draped, guns and bullwhips banging dully against saddles.

....this is the South Carolina of the 1870s, not of the turn of a new millennium, and the night riders are the terror of these times. They roam upcountry, visiting their version of justice on poor blacks and the Republicans that support them, refusing to bow to the requirements of the Fourteenth and Fifteenth Amendments."

From the novel "The White Road," by John Connolly

Actually it's a novel from 2015. Apparently you don't know this but "novel" means fiction.

However the allusion to "night riders" is an open invitation to further previous points, to wit:

>> A series of bloody slave revolts in Virginia and other parts of the South resulted in the widespread practice of authorized night patrols composed of white men specially deputized for that purpose. White Southerners looked upon these night patrols as a civic duty, something akin to serving on a jury or in the militia. The mounted patrols, or regulators, as they were called, prowled Southern roads, enforcing the curfew for slaves, looking for runaways, and guarding rural areas against the threat of black uprisings. They were authorized by law to give a specific number of lashes to any violators they caught. The memory of these legal night riders and their whips was still fresh in the minds of both defeated Southerners and liberated blacks when the first Klansmen took to those same roads in 1866. << --- op. cit. SPLC link above​

----- and this is precisely the element I already described that infiltrated the silly social club called the Ku Klux Klan, to continue the same nefarious practices in a new uniform. "Night riders" had already existed for more than a century. Long before there were "Democrats" and "Republicans". Actually before there was even a "United States":

>> Beginning in 1757 Georgia's colonial assembly required white landowners and residents to serve as slave patrols. Asserting that slave insurrections must be prevented, the legislature stipulated in "An Act for Establishing and Regulating of Patrols" that groups "not exceeding seven" would work in districts twelve miles square. The statute, modeled on South Carolina's earlier patrol law, ordered white adults to ride the roads at night, stopping all slaves they encountered and making them prove that they were engaged in lawful activities. Patrollers required slaves to produce a pass, which stated their owner's name as well as where and when they were allowed to be away from the plantation and for how long. Patrols operated in Georgia until slavery was abolished at the end of the Civil War << ---- Georgia Encyclopedia

While the Democrats have always supported and advanced slavery, segregation and second-class citizenship for black Americans, they have been able to convince the less astute of the very opposite.

90% of so of African Americans are Democrats.

Why do you think that African Americans are advancing slavery, segregation and second class citizenship for black Americans?

LOL- you bitter old white dudes- always blaming African Americans for 'not being as smart' as you white Republican dudes.

Meanwhile- you are right- Southern conservatives started the Civil War.

You won't.

Perhaps both.

Those are the fact....

/thread

Eric Foner - Wikipedia

He writes this:

"serving the interests of" and "founded by" are two very different situations.

FAIL

Forum List

Back