Who the Hell is ICIG Michael Atkinson and why does he still have his job?

task0778

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2017
On Sept. 30, ICIG Intel community Inspector General) Michael Atkinson issued a news release acknowledging that, under the policy existing when he received the whistleblower's complaint, he could not have deemed it credible and reported it to the director of national intelligence. Instead, he admitted, he processed the complaint under a policy allowing second-hand information — a policy that he did not establish until after he received that complaint.

According to his news release, Atkinson simply accepted at face value the whistleblower’s assertion that he had first-hand information of at least some of the events alleged, even though the report itself provides no such information.

The whistleblower policy says that the ICIG could not deem a complaint credible based on second-hand information. But it does not prevent a whistleblower from filing such a complaint or prevent Atkinson from using it as the basis for an investigation that might reveal first-hand sources. And besides, Atkinson continues, this whistleblower checked a box on a form filed with the complaint saying that he did have first-hand information.

But, Atkinson has admitted that he never reviewed the White House memorandum describing the content of the Trump-Zelensky call before concluding that the complaint about that call was “credible.” It appears that he substituted a checked box representing an unsupported assertion of first-hand knowledge for the actual substance and content of the complaint itself. IOW, he didn't verify anything, otherwise we would now by now what WAS his 1st-hand knowledge. The truth? Not a damn thing.

So Atkinson ignored what was the correct policy to check the report from this whistleblower and verify what was first-hand knowledge and review the entire report for fallacies. The report should have been validated, but wasn't. Instead, he sent it to the Democrats in the House, which to me smacks of biased and unprofessional conduct on his part. I want to know who he works for, what is the CoC from him up to Trump, and then I want to know what Trump is going to do about it. And then I want people to get fired, if not prosecuted.

And we haven't even talked about the scandal behind Atkinson's decision to backdate the whistleblower's report to AFTER the change was made to the Whistleblower policy to allow a report if it has no 1st-hand knowledge. Atkinson wanted this report to be made public and given to the Democrats to use for political purposes, and that is not his fucking job.

What’s Going On in the Intelligence Community IG Office?

Look, any whistleblower report, with or without 1st-hand knowledge ought to be verified, especially if it's all 2nd-hand knowledge. You cannot put this shit out in the wind without proper validation.

Last edited:
Meet the Trump-appointed IG at center of whistleblower drama
By Morgan Chalfant - 09/26/19 06:00 AM EDT

Michael Atkinson is the latest prosecutor thrust to the center of a Trump-era political controversy.

Atkinson, who has been the inspector general of the intelligence community for a little more than a year under President Trump, is described as a no-nonsense, serious and nonpartisan career prosecutor who showed a strong commitment to the law throughout his nearly two-decade career at the Department of Justice.

“In my experience, he was a well-respected prosecutor. A very good, committed, dedicated prosecutor,” said one person who worked with Atkinson in the U.S. attorney’s office in D.C.
[...]
Meet the Trump-appointed IG at center of whistleblower drama

UjFk5qO.jpg

still think so donny? :itsok:

How can an un-elected whistle-blower fuck with the president of the US, anonymously, with hearsay "evidence"? That's one stupid law.

Dems will say it doesn't matter...we have 27 more whistleblowers...FORGET YESTERDAYS LIE...WE HAVE A BRAND NEW LIE FOR YOU TO BELIEVE!

Somebody check Atkinsons bank accounts for a recent large deposit!

On Sept. 30, ICIG Intel community Inspector General) Michael Atkinson issued a news release acknowledging that, under the policy existing when he received the whistleblower's complaint, he could not have deemed it credible and reported it to the director of national intelligence. Instead, he admitted, he processed the complaint under a policy allowing second-hand information — a policy that he did not establish until after he received that complaint.

According to his news release, Atkinson simply accepted at face value the whistleblower’s assertion that he had first-hand information of at least some of the events alleged, even though the report itself provides no such information.

The whistleblower policy says that the ICIG could not deem a complaint credible based on second-hand information. But it does not prevent a whistleblower from filing such a complaint or prevent Atkinson from using it as the basis for an investigation that might reveal first-hand sources. And besides, Atkinson continues, this whistleblower checked a box on a form filed with the complaint saying that he did have first-hand information.

But, Atkinson has admitted that he never reviewed the White House memorandum describing the content of the Trump-Zelensky call before concluding that the complaint about that call was “credible.” It appears that he substituted a checked box representing an unsupported assertion of first-hand knowledge for the actual substance and content of the complaint itself. IOW, he didn't verify anything, otherwise we would now by now what WAS his 1st-hand knowledge. The truth? Not a damn thing.

So Atkinson ignored what was the correct policy to check the report from this whistleblower and verify what was first-hand knowledge and review the entire report for fallacies. The report should have been validated, but wasn't. Instead, he sent it to the Democrats in the House, which to me smacks of biased and unprofessional conduct on his part. I want to know who he works for, what is the CoC from him up to Trump, and then I want to know what Trump is going to do about it. And then I want people to get fired, if not prosecuted.

And we haven't even talked about the scandal behind Atkinson's decision to backdate the whistleblower's report to AFTER the change was made to the Whistleblower policy to allow a report if it has no 1st-hand knowledge. Atkinson wanted this report to be made public and given to the Democrats to use for political purposes, and that is not his fucking job.

Look, any whistleblower report, with or without 1st-hand knowledge ought to be verified, especially if it's all 2nd-hand knowledge. You cannot put this shit out in the wind without proper validation.

The exact wording of the IG's letter is

. . . but can provide nothing more than secondhand or unsubstantiated assertions, IC IG will not be able to process the complaint or information for submission as an ICWPA.

The wording of the letter is "secondhand or unsubtantiated assertions". The transcript of the phone call substantiates the whistleblower's assertions.

But more importantly, you're suggesting that the President's illegal wrongdoing should be kept hidden because the process is unfair. How utterly criminal of you to suggest it.

How can an un-elected whistle-blower fuck with the president of the US, anonymously, with hearsay "evidence"? That's one stupid law.

the IG investigated all the names the WB gave him & they checked out. the 2nd WB was one of them & is willing to testify that he/she can back up the initial WB's complaint because he/she is a 1st person witness.

Lord knows he's hired a lot of the "best".......................and then fired them.
Isn't that what you do when someone proves they can't do the job? You know, since Trump, it seems to me that people have gotten more stupid as each day passes. Who in their right mind keeps an employee on who cant do the job you want?

Lord knows he's hired a lot of the "best".......................and then fired them.
Isn't that what you do when someone proves they can't do the job? You know, since Trump, it seems to me that people have gotten more stupid as each day passes. Who in their right mind keeps an employee on who cant do the job you want?

more like because trump is incompetent.

Such BULLSHIT.

The law governing this was signed on 3 Jan 2016 and has not been changed since.

You have been lied to and are too stupid to even care.

Here is the link to the law....

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg...CODE-2015-title50-chap44-subchapI-sec3033.pdf

Section K(5) is the relevant part.

Firing this guy without cause is probably an impeachable offense in itself.

Yes, I agree - they should get fired. But, isn't a bit incredulous that Trump has burned through so many? And, who is to blame for their inability to function in the job they were hired for? That would be the person doing the hiring - Trump. So he must not comprehend the required functions of the position he is hiring someone for, since he's obviously hiring people who are not the best.

Forum List

Back