Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Franklin D. Roosevelt

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • jfk

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • barak obama

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters
again, most people who are on welfare are only on it for a few years. the rest of the time they are paying taxes and are putting something into the pot.

Well, it's fucked up ANYONE is allowed to benefit from labor and NOT pay a living wage for it. But don't come whining to me because WalMart has found a way to get you to subsidize their workforce without you ever having to shop there.

Well, actually, there is a way to put an age on it. 72 was an average. Medicare is even worse, because you have one person who has a devestating illness, and Medicare is going to pay tens of thousands of dollars the rest of us have to contribute. But again, that's WHITE PEOPLE WELFARE, so that's okay with you.
If the fucking liberals would stop raising the minimum wage(Inflation) then there wouldn't need to be a raise of minimum wage. Back in 1976, the minimum wage for college kids and retirement folks, was $2.10 an hour. A McD Burger, Fry and Small Drink came to 99 cents. Today at $7.50 an hour, those same three items are over $3.00. Of course in Obama's roaring economic recovery now full time is part time so minimum wage gets screwed by liberals once again. Did the raise of minimum wage do anything for the dumbshits who don't want to learn to get better? Nope the wages tripled but so did the costs. Shame liberals are too stupid to understand this? But alas I am repeating myself once again.

All your example does is prove that minimum wage has not kept up with inflation

In 1976 I paid for college working summers at $2.10 minimum wage.
A student cant come close to doing that today

In 1976, I could buy a new car working 6 months at minimum wage ...try to do that today

When the skills to do those minimum wage jobs today are the same as they were in 1976, why would you expect wages to match anything other than the skill level required to do the job. If someone is doing the same job they did in 1976, apparently their skill level hasn't changed much. Why should their wages?

No idea what your point is. Nobody is claiming anyone should spend their lives working at minimum wage

As conservatives like to point out, minimum wage is a starter wage. But starting what? It will no longer pay your college tuition, won't buy a car or help pay the rent

It did in 1976

unlikely that many had been buying 54 thousand dollar homes on 2 dollars an hour

What rightwinger doesn't seem to get is that if someone is doing a job where the skills required to do it now were the same as the skills to do it 40 years ago, things don't keep up.

What were the welfare programs FDR handed out and was responsible for? Are you talking about the relief programs where he made folks work on public works projects like building public works projects that are still being used today?

Certain elements of Social Security included things considered social welfare.
The whole reason why Social Security was created by a liberal, was because liberals who became old and feeble, didn't know how to save for their retirement. That was because liberals are too stupid to save their money. So FDR came in started stealing money away from working people, and soon, people got a small retirement supplement, but those dumbass liberals didn't know it was a supplement and wanted more. There is nothing dumber than a liberal, even a box of rocks has more intelligence.

Wages were not that good so that the average worker the average worker could save for retirement
Most worked until they were no longer capable of working and their retirement plan was to have enough children and hope one would take care of you in your old age

Depends on who you were and what skills you had. My grandfather lived through the Great Depression. He had an 8th grade education. He took it upon himself to do better in life and owned several businesses, although not at the same time, over a 50 year span.

Yes, it did depend on who you were and what skills you had

What we do know is that the overwhelming majority of our workforce in the 1930s were unable to save enough money for retirement. FDR fixed that

Yet even Liberals say Social Security isn't enough to live on.

My grandfather didn't do it just during the 1930s. Perhaps you missed the part about 50 years.

What were the welfare programs FDR handed out and was responsible for? Are you talking about the relief programs where he made folks work on public works projects like building public works projects that are still being used today?

The whole reason why Social Security was created by a liberal, was because liberals who became old and feeble, didn't know how to save for their retirement. That was because liberals are too stupid to save their money. So FDR came in started stealing money away from working people, and soon, people got a small retirement supplement, but those dumbass liberals didn't know it was a supplement and wanted more. There is nothing dumber than a liberal, even a box of rocks has more intelligence.

Wages were not that good so that the average worker the average worker could save for retirement
Most worked until they were no longer capable of working and their retirement plan was to have enough children and hope one would take care of you in your old age
Most liberals don't think they would live long enough to get retirement so they spent all their money not saving it. That is why social security was created so liberals could spend all their money, then get the rest of our money to spend also. A box of rocks is smarter than a liberal.
Not even worthy of a reply

Yet you replied. Saying something isn't worthy of a reply is replying

again, most people who are on welfare are only on it for a few years. the rest of the time they are paying taxes and are putting something into the pot.

Well, it's fucked up ANYONE is allowed to benefit from labor and NOT pay a living wage for it. But don't come whining to me because WalMart has found a way to get you to subsidize their workforce without you ever having to shop there.

Well, actually, there is a way to put an age on it. 72 was an average. Medicare is even worse, because you have one person who has a devestating illness, and Medicare is going to pay tens of thousands of dollars the rest of us have to contribute. But again, that's WHITE PEOPLE WELFARE, so that's okay with you.
If the fucking liberals would stop raising the minimum wage(Inflation) then there wouldn't need to be a raise of minimum wage. Back in 1976, the minimum wage for college kids and retirement folks, was $2.10 an hour. A McD Burger, Fry and Small Drink came to 99 cents. Today at $7.50 an hour, those same three items are over $3.00. Of course in Obama's roaring economic recovery now full time is part time so minimum wage gets screwed by liberals once again. Did the raise of minimum wage do anything for the dumbshits who don't want to learn to get better? Nope the wages tripled but so did the costs. Shame liberals are too stupid to understand this? But alas I am repeating myself once again.

In 1976, I could buy a new car working 6 months at minimum wage ...try to do that today

When the skills to do those minimum wage jobs today are the same as they were in 1976, why would you expect wages to match anything other than the skill level required to do the job. If someone is doing the same job they did in 1976, apparently their skill level hasn't changed much. Why should their wages?

No idea what your point is. Nobody is claiming anyone should spend their lives working at minimum wage

As conservatives like to point out, minimum wage is a starter wage. But starting what? It will no longer pay your college tuition, won't buy a car or help pay the rent

It did in 1976

unlikely that many had been buying 54 thousand dollar homes on 2 dollars an hour

Do you know what "rent'" is?

Depends on who you were and what skills you had. My grandfather lived through the Great Depression. He had an 8th grade education. He took it upon himself to do better in life and owned several businesses, although not at the same time, over a 50 year span.

What we do know is that the overwhelming majority of our workforce in the 1930s were unable to save enough money for retirement. FDR fixed that

My grandfather didn't do it just during the 1930s. Perhaps you missed the part about 50 years.

Your Grandfather took Social Security and Medicare didn't he?

Ah the typical reply of a liberal who hates the working person. It is okay for some dipshit liberal to get social security and medicare, who didn't pay into it, but not okay for the guy who worked his ass off paying the taxes for his future. The only good liberal is the one at the bottom of the ocean.

It did in 1976

Rent is what the liberal wants everyone to do, not have a house that they pay into, as liberals don't believe in personal property, but communal property owned by the government. In the USSR, the government owned everything even your child, and you were lucky enough to get paid enough to by a loaf of bread. Some liberals today don't own anything so, it would be fair if everyone else was treated the same. Then everyone would be equal, equally poor and equally miserable, unless you are the liberal elites in government.

Ah the typical reply of a liberal who hates the working person. It is okay for some dipshit liberal to get social security and medicare, who didn't pay into it, but not okay for the guy who worked his ass off paying the taxes for his future. The only good liberal is the one at the bottom of the ocean.

Yet another post unworthy of a serious reply

It did in 1976

Rent is what the liberal wants everyone to do, not have a house that they pay into, as liberals don't believe in personal property, but communal property owned by the government. In the USSR, the government owned everything even your child, and you were lucky enough to get paid enough to by a loaf of bread. Some liberals today don't own anything so, it would be fair if everyone else was treated the same. Then everyone would be equal, equally poor and equally miserable, unless you are the liberal elites in government.

?

It did in 1976

leftists do not like the idea of property ownership is that what you are indicating

besides that my earlier post remains true

and your deflection is noted

It did in 1976

?
?

It did in 1976

I do since I have rental property.

It did in 1976

leftists do not like the idea of property ownership is that what you are indicating

I claim that minimum wage would help pay the rent in 1976 and you start babbling about what a house cost and "leftists do not like property ownership"

Seems you are the one deflecting

He didn't take anything. He got back what he was forced to contribute. The difference is while he took it for that very reason, it wasn't something that he needed to live on. It was gravy money as he had saved/invested over his 50 years in business.

It did in 1976

I claim that minimum wage would help pay the rent in 1976 and you start babbling about what a house cost and "leftists do not like property ownership"

my post was clear a two dollar an hour job

would not buy a 54 thousand dollar home

you

replied with interpreting what you said

who cares in the American dream of owning a home

fuck em let them live paycheck to paycheck in a rented place

One involves those getting back putting in. The other allows those not contributing to the pot to get something for nothing while those that fund it get nothing for something.

Getting a job doesn't mean they still don't receive handouts. Your side constantly uses the phrase working poor who have jobs yet get food stamps, etc. Working doesn't mean they pay the taxes that fund what they get.

There's no way to put that age on it retard. It depends on how much someone made. There are people who will never get out it what they put in it and many will get out before 72 what they put in. As long as those not getting as much out as they put in are the rich you despise and are jealous of, that's OK with you boy.

It did in 1976

No one is claiming that anyone SHOULD spend their life working at minimum wage. However, there are people that do because they offer so few skills, it's all they can get. Instead of holding the one offering such low skills responsible for having low skills, Liberals want them to be given a wage above those skills.

according to rightwinger the minimum wage was so bad in 76

that not only did it not pay the rent but rather

only "helped" to pay the rent

--LOL

well im off to work

It did in 1976

You also said you could buy a new car. Do you think the federal government and all it's regulations on cars have raised the prices a disproportional amount?

Forum List

Back