Whom would you call the worst president in American history?

Ok now most people today would say George W. Bush, however most of these people were not alive for past presidents. Who did the most damage to the country while in office?
We have too many candidates I suppose. I bet at least 1 agree to anyone who call Obama.
But still. Who?
Abraham Lincoln, without a doubt.

Lincoln was, of course, our greatest President.
Kinda+makes+you+want+to+barf+out+of+your+nose+_7ddf687069de22bec7d18713ff393cbd.jpg

Lincoln was a dictator and a tyrant who killed 850,000 Americans
BS, total...

I was born during the Eisenhower administration. Since then, we haven't too many good presidents. I would rate George W Bush as the worst of the lot during my lifetime followed closely by Johnson and Nixon. In terms of all of American History, I would still rate Bush bottom five.

I was born during the Eisenhower administration. Since then, we haven't too many good presidents. I would rate George W Bush as the worst of the lot during my lifetime followed closely by Johnson and Nixon. In terms of all of American History, I would still rate Bush bottom five.
How could you say that? Bush Jr. Was a bad president but he brought us together after 9/11 American flags were flying off the shelf. We all wanted war.

Obama separated us. Like no modern day president has...

How could you say that? Bush Jr. Was a bad president but he brought us together after 9/11 American flags were flying off the shelf. We all wanted war.

How is that a good thing? Nobody wants to be in that situation.

Bullshit. Obviously you never saw the Sixties.

If Bush was paying attention, maybe we wouldn't have had 9/11. And then he goes off and invades Iraq, which had nothing to do with 9/11. He started 2 wars costing trillions of dollars and at the same time cut taxes. He topped that off with an unfunded medicare part D benefit. As far as bringing us together, he said if you aren't with us you're with the terrorists. Then he brought all this police state crap about - the DHS, the TSA, the Patriot Act, warrantless searches and wiretaps, extraordinary rendition, torture. How anybody could say Obama is worse than that boggles the mind.

Ok now most people today would say George W. Bush, however most of these people were not alive for past presidents. Who did the most damage to the country while in office?
We have too many candidates I suppose. I bet at least 1 agree to anyone who call Obama.
But still. Who?
My lifetime; Carter. Obama is bad, but Carter was a fucking nightmare.

all time; FDR by a nose over Jefferson.

J's treatment of the indians was just terrible, but fdr was pure evil.

You can't leave out Buchannan. This guy was WAY out of his pay grade. And, of course, Harding is everyone's favorite incompetent. Personally, I think that Carter was not a bad president. He didn't really do any harm. The hyperinflation in that period was actually inherited from LBJ's guns and butter policies. Of course, he didn't really do much of anything good either....

And then there is Nixon. I won't count that, because that is a personal evaluation. The SOB tried to kill me.

He did? Johnson is the POTUS who ramped up the Vietnam War. Nixon pulled us out of it. I still don't like Nixon, but I do have to give him his props for that.

You can't leave out Buchannan. This guy was WAY out of his pay grade. And, of course, Harding is everyone's favorite incompetent. Personally, I think that Carter was not a bad president. He didn't really do any harm. The hyperinflation in that period was actually inherited from LBJ's guns and butter policies. Of course, he didn't really do much of anything good either....

And then there is Nixon. I won't count that, because that is a personal evaluation. The SOB tried to kill me.

He did? Johnson is the POTUS who ramped up the Vietnam War. Nixon pulled us out of it. I still don't like Nixon, but I do have to give him his props for that.

Trust me on this. I considered LBJ to be just as evil as Nixon. However Nixon ran for office based on his "secret plan to end the war". Not only was he lying about that (which he later admitted to David Frost), but more Americans were killed in Vietnam in his presidency than in LBJ's.

W was an idiot. Allowed 9/11 , took our unity into stupid wars, DIDN'T unite us- 9//11 did

Trust me on this. I considered LBJ to be just as evil as Nixon. However Nixon ran for office based on his "secret plan to end the war". Not only was he lying about that (which he later admitted to David Frost), but more Americans were killed in Vietnam in his presidency than in LBJ's.

That's actually not true. Don't get me wrong, Nixon was a scumbag of the first order, but he saved a lot of lives......

KIA in Vietnam by year 1964...............................216
First Year of Nixon' term in office 1969..........................11,780
Resigns in August 1974...................................1

Statistical information about casualties of the Vietnam War

If Bush was paying attention, maybe we wouldn't have had 9/11. And then he goes off and invades Iraq, which had nothing to do with 9/11. He started 2 wars costing trillions of dollars and at the same time cut taxes. He topped that off with an unfunded medicare part D benefit. As far as bringing us together, he said if you aren't with us you're with the terrorists. Then he brought all this police state crap about - the DHS, the TSA, the Patriot Act, warrantless searches and wiretaps, extraordinary rendition, torture. How anybody could say Obama is worse than that boggles the mind.
Reading your post makes me think you were to young to remember. After 9/11 Bush attacked the hell out of Afghanistan, bombed it till nothing was left to bomb, then got congress and the UN approval to attack Iraq, almost 2 year's latter in 2003.

Last edited:
Through much of our early history, the role of President was still being defined. May Presidents just floundered in their job as they did absolutely nothing. Many historians list Presidents like Buchannon or Filmore as the worst
In modern times, post 1900, George W Bush is universally considered the worst
He was given tough times and had a chance to either excel or fail miserably. Bush failed miserably
His response to 9-11 was to invade and nation build. He suspended human rights and engaged in torture. He botched the execution of two wars and left our soldiers vulnerable. 7000 died unnecessarily because of his decisions
Economically, he started two wars and paid for them with tax cuts. He stood by in denial as the economy crashed around him and the nation narrowly avoided a depression

Through much of our early history, the role of President was still being defined. May Presidents just floundered in their job as they did absolutely nothing. Many historians list Presidents like Buchannon or Filmore as the worst
He was given tough times and had a chance to either excel or fail miserably. Bush failed miserably
His response to 9-11 was to invade and nation build. He suspended human rights and engaged in torture. He botched the execution of two wars and left our soldiers vulnerable. 7000 died unnecessarily because of his decisions
Economically, he started two wars and paid for them with tax cuts. He stood by in denial as the economy crashed around him and the nation narrowly avoided a depression
Quit the bullshit he warned Barney Frank about Freddie and frannie and he did nothing.

We get it, winger--------------you hate bush, we get it.

but here's some news for you. Not everyone agrees with you, in fact you are in a minority opinion group.

You are also a hypocrite, if Bush had been a democrat you would be praising him for saving the nation and condemning obama for destroying it.

In short, you are nothing but a partisan hack. Your posts are of no more value than slug slime on a sidewalk.

but here's some news for you. Not everyone agrees with you, in fact you are in a minority opinion group.

You are also a hypocrite, if Bush had been a democrat you would be praising him for saving the nation and condemning obama for destroying it.

In short, you are nothing but a partisan hack. Your posts are of no more value than slug slime on a sidewalk.
Yea he hates Bush Jr, he hates rednecks who value freedom over money, in his world it upsets him.

Quit the bullshit he warned Barney Frank about Freddie and frannie and he did nothing.

Barney Frank was a minor Congressman with no legislative power

I liked Bush and supported him in his early Presidency. Like most Americans, I gave him my full support after 9-11. I was willing to allow him to do whatever necessary to fight terrorism

Bush abused that trust and made horrific decisions on our behalf. That is why he is considered the worst president in modern times

I liked Bush and supported him in his early Presidency. Like most Americans, I gave him my full support after 9-11. I was willing to allow him to do whatever necessary to fight terrorism

Bush abused that trust and made horrific decisions on our behalf. That is why he is considered the worst president in modern times

thats your opinion and you are entitled to it. Its based on a false premise but so are most of your postings.

Bush was far from great, but he was much much better for the country than obama has been. History will document that (unless history is written by the teachers union)

Forum List

Back