Whom would you call the worst president in American history?

Through much of our early history, the role of President was still being defined. May Presidents just floundered in their job as they did absolutely nothing. Many historians list Presidents like Buchannon or Filmore as the worst
In modern times, post 1900, George W Bush is universally considered the worst
He was given tough times and had a chance to either excel or fail miserably. Bush failed miserably
His response to 9-11 was to invade and nation build. He suspended human rights and engaged in torture. He botched the execution of two wars and left our soldiers vulnerable. 7000 died unnecessarily because of his decisions
Economically, he started two wars and paid for them with tax cuts. He stood by in denial as the economy crashed around him and the nation narrowly avoided a depression

We get it, winger--------------you hate bush, we get it.

but here's some news for you. Not everyone agrees with you, in fact you are in a minority opinion group.

You are also a hypocrite, if Bush had been a democrat you would be praising him for saving the nation and condemning obama for destroying it.

In short, you are nothing but a partisan hack. Your posts are of no more value than slug slime on a sidewalk.
I liked Bush and supported him in his early Presidency. Like most Americans, I gave him my full support after 9-11. I was willing to allow him to do whatever necessary to fight terrorism

Bush abused that trust and made horrific decisions on our behalf. That is why he is considered the worst president in modern times
I could say the same thing about Obama, I secretly believed in his hope and change a transparent presidency.

That party crashed real fast over Obama care being signed into law in 3 ducking days.

The one thing future historians will say about Obama is he makes a mess out of something, then trys to wipe it off the front page.take the V.A. last year he imediatly put bergdaul in the news, take his red line in Syria what did he do when Kerry fucked it up? He ran to Iran.

Through much of our early history, the role of President was still being defined. May Presidents just floundered in their job as they did absolutely nothing. Many historians list Presidents like Buchannon or Filmore as the worst
He was given tough times and had a chance to either excel or fail miserably. Bush failed miserably
His response to 9-11 was to invade and nation build. He suspended human rights and engaged in torture. He botched the execution of two wars and left our soldiers vulnerable. 7000 died unnecessarily because of his decisions
Economically, he started two wars and paid for them with tax cuts. He stood by in denial as the economy crashed around him and the nation narrowly avoided a depression

but here's some news for you. Not everyone agrees with you, in fact you are in a minority opinion group.

You are also a hypocrite, if Bush had been a democrat you would be praising him for saving the nation and condemning obama for destroying it.

In short, you are nothing but a partisan hack. Your posts are of no more value than slug slime on a sidewalk.
I liked Bush and supported him in his early Presidency. Like most Americans, I gave him my full support after 9-11. I was willing to allow him to do whatever necessary to fight terrorism

Bush abused that trust and made horrific decisions on our behalf. That is why he is considered the worst president in modern times
I could say the same thing about Obama, I secretly believed in his hope and change a transparent presidency.

That party crashed real fast over Obama care being signed into law in 3 ducking days.

not just 3 days, but with votes from only one party, no open floor debate in either house, no amendments allowed, no public review of the bill, no time for anyone to read it, passed in the middle of the night on Christmas eve using a corrupt tactic never before used for something so significant.

reid and pelosi belong in jail for this travesty of legislation.

thats your opinion and you are entitled to it. Its based on a false premise but so are most of your postings.

Bush was far from great, but he was much much better for the country than obama has been. History will document that (unless history is written by the teachers union)
Bush got us involved in two decades long wars, engaged in torture, got 7000 Americans unnecessarily killed,destroyed our reputation around the world, failed to stop the 9-11 attacks, stood by while the economy crashed

Hard to defend anything he did

Worst president--------------------Obama, no one else even comes close.

thats your opinion and you are entitled to it. Its based on a false premise but so are most of your postings.

Bush was far from great, but he was much much better for the country than obama has been. History will document that (unless history is written by the teachers union)
Bush got us involved in two decades long wars, engaged in torture, got 7000 Americans unnecessarily killed,destroyed our reputation around the world, failed to stop the 9-11 attacks, stood by while the economy crashed

You are totally FOS. But your posting of partisan talking points is noted. Do you still get 10 cents per post?

No, you can't say the same things about Obama

Neither will history

You are totally FOS. But your posting of partisan talking points is noted. Do you still get 10 cents per post?
It is not partisanship

That is the Bush legacy
That is what history judges him on. that is why he is considered one of our worst presidents

not just 3 days, but with votes from only one party, no open floor debate in either house, no amendments allowed, no public review of the bill, no time for anyone to read it, passed in the middle of the night on Christmas eve using a corrupt tactic never before used for something so significant.

reid and pelosi belong in jail for this travesty of legislation.
it still seems to me just 3 days, the Senate approved the Bill on a Wednesday, Obama signed it on a Friday and the government blocked any PDF of the bill

Neither will history

right, Obama's record will be much worse.

doubled the national debt
put millions in poverty
increased the gap between rich and poor
allowed the mid east to explode
allowed the rise of ISIS
lost the Iraq war
lost the Afghanistan war
weakened us militarily
weakened us fiscally
weakened us morally
divided the country like never before
lied repeatedly
destroyed the best medical system in human history
violated the constitution
encouraged the radical muslim takeover of Libya, Syria, Iraq, and Afghanistan
dumped on our allies
made Putin look like a statesman

I was born during the Eisenhower administration. Since then, we haven't too many good presidents. I would rate George W Bush as the worst of the lot during my lifetime followed closely by Johnson and Nixon. In terms of all of American History, I would still rate Bush bottom five.
How could you say that? Bush Jr. Was a bad president but he brought us together after 9/11 American flags were flying off the shelf. We all wanted war.

Obama separated us. Like no modern day president has...
If Bush was paying attention, maybe we wouldn't have had 9/11. And then he goes off and invades Iraq, which had nothing to do with 9/11. He started 2 wars costing trillions of dollars and at the same time cut taxes. He topped that off with an unfunded medicare part D benefit. As far as bringing us together, he said if you aren't with us you're with the terrorists. Then he brought all this police state crap about - the DHS, the TSA, the Patriot Act, warrantless searches and wiretaps, extraordinary rendition, torture. How anybody could say Obama is worse than that boggles the mind.
Reading your post makes me think you were to young to remember. After 9/11 Bush attacked the hell out of Afghanistan, bombed it till nothing was left to bomb, then got congress and the UN approval to attack Iraq, almost 2 year's latter in 2003.
You are making stuff up. Bush never bombed the hell out of Afghanistan till there was nothing left to bomb. He left behind a core group of Taliban, never captured the top leader, allowed al Qaeda to escape and find refuge in Pakistan and paid for a corrupt government to allow the building of the largest heroin production and export operation in history by the people you claim he defeated. He took a victory gained by the tremendous military built by the previous administration that he had inherited and turned the victory into defeat.

It is not partisanship

That is the Bush legacy
That is what history judges him on. that is why he is considered one of our worst presidents

I was born during the Eisenhower administration. Since then, we haven't too many good presidents. I would rate George W Bush as the worst of the lot during my lifetime followed closely by Johnson and Nixon. In terms of all of American History, I would still rate Bush bottom five.
How could you say that? Bush Jr. Was a bad president but he brought us together after 9/11 American flags were flying off the shelf. We all wanted war.

Obama separated us. Like no modern day president has...
If Bush was paying attention, maybe we wouldn't have had 9/11. And then he goes off and invades Iraq, which had nothing to do with 9/11. He started 2 wars costing trillions of dollars and at the same time cut taxes. He topped that off with an unfunded medicare part D benefit. As far as bringing us together, he said if you aren't with us you're with the terrorists. Then he brought all this police state crap about - the DHS, the TSA, the Patriot Act, warrantless searches and wiretaps, extraordinary rendition, torture. How anybody could say Obama is worse than that boggles the mind.
Reading your post makes me think you were to young to remember. After 9/11 Bush attacked the hell out of Afghanistan, bombed it till nothing was left to bomb, then got congress and the UN approval to attack Iraq, almost 2 year's latter in 2003.
You are making stuff up. Bush never bombed the hell out of Afghanistan till there was nothing left to bomb. He left behind a core group of Taliban, never captured the top leader, allowed al Qaeda to escape and find refuge in Pakistan and paid for a corrupt government to allow the building of the largest heroin production and export operation in history by the people you claim he defeated. He took a victory gained by the tremendous military built by the previous administration that he had inherited and turned the victory into defeat.
you are posting stupid, what else was their to bomb in Afghanistan? We ran out of brick and mortar targets. The american public wanted more,

The poppy fields didn't get bigger after we crashed the Taliban, just resumed to normal.

Quit the bullshit he warned Barney Frank about Freddie and frannie and he did nothing.
Bush was president, and the Congress was GOP. Buck stops there, folks.

Says Internet Dick. blowfish, you need to relax. Bush was awful, Obama somewhat better. Your hatred is unmanning you. Some will say Bush loved freedom more than money, while he drove the economy into the Great Recession and gave the treasury to the corporations. He wasted our fighting sources and plundered our treasure.

"That party crashed real fast over Obama care being signed into law in 3 ducking days."

That makes no sense.

Quit the bullshit he warned Barney Frank about Freddie and frannie and he did nothing.
Bush was president, and the Congress was GOP. Buck stops there, folks.
Not 2006 when congress was took over by the do nothing democrats.

Neither will history

right, Obama's record will be much worse.

doubled the national debt
put millions in poverty
increased the gap between rich and poor
allowed the mid east to explode
allowed the rise of ISIS
lost the Iraq war
lost the Afghanistan war
weakened us militarily
weakened us fiscally
weakened us morally
divided the country like never before
lied repeatedly
destroyed the best medical system in human history
violated the constitution
encouraged the radical muslim takeover of Libya, Syria, Iraq, and Afghanistan
dumped on our allies
made Putin look like a statesman

Propaganda does not pass for fact

Presidents are judged on:

What were you given when you entered office
What did you leave
What was your lasting legacy

Obama was given a nation in a financial collapse. A nation engaged in two wars. A worldwide threat of terrorism

Obama stopped a depression. Reversed the economic collapse. Attacked terrorism around the globe. Killed bin Laden. Got us out of Iraq and Afghanistan.

What is his lasting legacy? Passed the first universal healthcare system. Enhanced gay rights. Stabilized the economy. Recognized Cuba.

That is what historians will look at

Forum List

Back