Who's Fault Is The Debt Ceiling Crisis?

That is where you lose

WHY are Republicans tying spending cuts to raising the debt ceiling? Because they know they can’t do it as part of the normal budget process
If Dems concede to Republican extortion now, they will have to deal with it EVERY YEAR (unless a Republican is President)

This is just another way for Republicans to rule from a minority
I think that you have proven that the Democrats, including yourself, are against fiscal responsibility and will continue to refuse to curtail any and all our of control spending. We are mired in almost 32 trillion of debt because of it. Democrats are out of control, Biden is out of control and WRONGwinger gets his jollies from it.

They can't do it during the normal budget process because Democrats refuse to cut spending. That's why we are where we are at.

Here is how the process works, Dems want any spending cuts tied to tax increases for the wealthy. MAGA will never buy it.

So no, Republicans will not get to call the shots as part of the annual budget process

That is why they want to use the annual Debt limit increase to force their spending cuts. Give us what we want or the country gets it!

If the Dems give in this year, it will become an annual event for Republicans in the minority to demand the spending cuts they want. Spending on the poor and working class

Vote out career politicians.
What does that mean? Do you mean term limits where all we get is different Republicans and Democrats every election, doing the very same things? I used to work in retail and dreaded the fourth quarter where you would have to hire anyone who had two legs (sometimes not even that), with them being able to steal at will, knowing they only had a limited time to do that stealing before they were laid off. No difference with term limits.

I think that you have proven that the Democrats, including yourself, are against fiscal responsibility and will continue to refuse to curtail any and all our of control spending. We are mired in almost 32 trillion of debt because of it. Democrats are out of control, Biden is out of control and WRONGwinger gets his jollies from it.

Point to when Republicans have demonstrated fiscal responsibility.
Was it when Trump slashed taxes and ran trillion dollar deficits? Did Trump curtail spending?
Didn’t see Republicans refuse to raise the Debt Ceiling for Trump did you?

Fiscal Responsibility my ass

Was it when Trump slashed taxes and ran trillion dollar deficits? Did Trump curtail spending?

It's like sin. We're all guilty.

Biden's energy secretary recently testified in Congress claiming we need to spend 50 trillion dollars on Climate Change.

Do you mean term limits where all we get is different Republicans and Democrats every election, doing the very same things?
Do you mean that we should keep electing the same politicians doing the same thing because they are better at it? The power of incumbency and the granting of special favors has corrupted our democratic processes. Why perpetuate them?

Here is how the process works, Dems want any spending cuts tied to tax increases for the wealthy. MAGA will never buy it.

So no, Republicans will not get to call the shots as part of the annual budget process

That is why they want to use the annual Debt limit increase to force their spending cuts. Give us what we want or the country gets it!

If the Dems give in this year, it will become an annual event for Republicans in the minority to demand the spending cuts they want. Spending on the poor and working class
Dems don't want any spending cuts. In fact, they just proposed a 2024 with no budget cuts, only new taxes on the wealthy. So, your post is a lie.

You just can't say this stuff while you refuse to cut any spending. Cut spending and then you can bitch all you want about how the other side keeps on adding to the deficit. Show us that you are the fiscally responsible party but don't do it while you refuse to cut any spending.

You just can't say this stuff while you refuse to cut any spending. Cut spending and then you can bitch all you want about how the other side keeps on adding to the deficit. Show us that you are the fiscally responsible party but don't do it while you refuse to cut any spending.
Let’s be realistic about deficit reduction

If you want to reduce the deficit, you need to repeal the Trump tax cuts on the wealthy and corporations
If you want to cut spending, you have to cut spending on the military as well as social spending.

You can’t cut debt solely on the backs of the poor and working Americans.
That is what Republicans are demanding

The only time we ever try being fiscally responsible is when there is a Democratic president and a Republican Congress. No other combination works.
When The Worthless Negro was President and we had a Republican Congress we still raised the debt limit, didn't we? We still maintained the welfare state, increased debt and we still grew the size of the Federal government.

To me no combination works because there isn't that much difference in the Parties. Both are parties of Big Government.

What really pisses me off is when the Republicans have control over the Congress and the Presidency not much really changes when it comes to fiscal responsibility. We still spend a ton of money, borrow a ton of money and grow the size of the Federal government.

Simplistic jibberish again. All the increases in revenue and then some are then spent on pork. Out-of-control deficit spending is the only thing corrupt politicians know.
Simple equation to cut the deficit
Increase revenue, decrease spending

Agree?

The GOP run House has done it's job and passed a debt ceiling bill....the Dems and Xiden have refused to act....this tyrants in the Demafascsit party are holding the full faith and credit of the United States hostage.

Forum List

Back