Who's Fault Is The Debt Ceiling Crisis?

Biden has made his position on raising the debt ceiling perfectly clear……Non-negotiable

You mean like when Obama came to the table with John Boehner and permitted many of the cuts the GOP was demanding at the time?

Again, I don't know if it's just that you're hopelessly clueless; or incredibly disingenuous - but pretty much everything you say is always wrong.

Obviously the national debt is already the single biggest threat this country has ever faced, and it seems most likely we are not going to survive it.

Until it's Jan. 6th.

Or Putin.

Or COVID.

BE AFRAID. CRITICAL THINKING IS DANGEROUS.

Just trust the government.

Biden has made his position on raising the debt ceiling perfectly clear……Non-negotiable

Just like every President before him

Legally there is not supposed to be any national debt except for short term emergencies.
A national debt on a regular basis is inherently illegal.

Until it's Jan. 6th.

Or Putin.

Or COVID.

BE AFRAID. DON'T THINK.

Jan 6th was a good thing, so that Congress understood they are just employees.
Putin has always been on the good side, and against US illegal wars like in Panama, Grenada, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, etc.
Covid could have been ended in 2 months if we had instead NOT "flattened the curve" and prevented it from ending.

What is even stranger is that Taiwan wanted to spend trillions on F-35s and we refused to sell to them?

Let’s be realistic about deficit reduction

If you want to reduce the deficit, you need to repeal the Trump tax cuts on the wealthy and corporations
If you want to cut spending, you have to cut spending on the military as well as social spending.

You can’t cut debt solely on the backs of the poor and working Americans.
That is what Republicans are demanding
Ever since the Trump tax cuts, revenues have increased.

A truth so obvious a deaf dumb and blind kid can see it:
The Democrats want a clean debt ceiling bill because they have no intention whatsoever to cut spending.

if I were the house GOP, I'd make a statement to that effect, send the current house bill to the Senate, and wash my hands of it.
"The house raised the debt ceiting - the rest is up to the Demcorats".

What is even stranger is that Taiwan wanted to spend trillions on F-35s and we refused to sell to them?
The mainland Chinese may get their hands on them if they invade. If they do not have much of the technologies already. The Chinese seem to e having an issue with their newer engines on the most advanced fighter jet they have.

But why don't Democrats call the Republican bluffs and agree to spending cuts?

Political theater.

Just for discussion, I support the Republicans taking the step they did. I might not agree but this is what you do. You forward a position to address an issue. The other side should do the same. Then you compromise. Some get this and some get that.

A POLITICO/Morning Consult poll from late February underscored the volatility of the situation — and the current disincentive for either party to cave: Asked whom they would blame if the U.S. defaulted, a plurality of voters, 37 percent, said they’d hold both parties equally responsible. Another 30 percent said Democrats would be most to blame, while 24 percent said the GOP would be.

Meanwhile:

So, what cards are Biden holding in his hands in this poker game?

It amazes me how short-sighted, hate-driven ultra-partisans ON BOTH DIDES try so badly to blame Bush, Clinton, Obama, Trump. Or even Biden for past fraud, waste, abuse, and spending that has led to the nearly $34 Trilion debt ...

... when this debt was not created in the last 8 years.

It has been DECADES in the making. There is more than enough 'blame' to go around if you want to be partisanly petty about it.

WHO is to blame and / or HOW we got to this point is moot. THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS NOW IS WHAT OUR CURRENT PRESIDENT / FEDERAL GOVT PLANS TO DO ABOUT IT NOW.

The GOP has offered up a very FISCALLY RESPONSIBLE plan that puts extremely necessary spending limits on the govt and calls for much-needed SPENDING CUTS.

Proving he and Democtats have no intention of slowing down massive un-necessary spending and no intention of attempting to slow / stop the addition of more debt, Biden has declared he will veto any plan other than giving him and Democrats a new blank check Zto spend, spend, spend.

Are you shitting me?

Biden's Open Border pilicy and illegal immigration is adding BILLIONS in federal and state spending.

No cuts possible?

Biden and Democrats are sending BILLIONS of dollars we don't have to Ukraine...

Biden just announced that his administration will be spending BILLIONS on a railway connecting Saudi, India, and Jordan (I believe it was). WTF?!

This administration, that has the power to cut spending and address the growing $34 TRILLION DOLLARS in debt, is just inventing un-necessary shit to spend money on ... money we do not have.

Again, who did what / how we got to this point does not matter. What THIS president, what THIS administration, does now is all that matters. THEY are the only ones who can take fiscally responsible actions now.

Forum List

Back