🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Whose funding net losses and deficits for businesses losing millions from taking far left stances?

The2ndAmendment

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2013
Dick’s Sporting Goods lost $150 million after restricting gun sales

Dick’s Sporting Goods Loses $150 million On Gun Control Crusade

Dick's lost 150 million dollars.

CNN and MSNBC and late night comedy have lost millions of views in ratings millions in ad revenue.

Washington post is barely alive and many liberal newspapers can no longer even afford to print due to sub losses, and now publish online only.

That being said, my primary attention is directed at Dick's Sporting goods.

Look at this picture in the absolute CRASH of their stock, who the hell is backing all these losses? The CEO said "it was worth it," but why? CEO's dont crash their stocks and remain in power. Someone is backing them behind closed doors. Who?

I'm not in expert in corporate law, but the CEO has a responsibility to his shareholders, and that seems VERY irresponsible....gross negligence at the very least....criminal in the worst.

Screenshot-2019-04-02-at-4-30-10-PM

CNN and MSNBC and late night comedy have lost millions of views in ratings millions in ad revenue.

Washington post is barely alive and many liberal newspapers can no longer even afford to print due to sub losses, and now publish online only.

Look at this picture in the absolute CRASH of their stock, who the hell is backing all these losses? The CEO said "it was worth it," but why? CEO's dont crash their stocks and remain in power. Someone is backing them behind closed doors. Who?

I'm not in expert in corporate law, but the CEO has a responsibility to his shareholders, and that seems VERY irresponsible....gross negligence at the very least....criminal in the worst.

Probably MoveOn: People-Powered Progress | MoveOn.Org | Democracy In Action

O boy, they're calling for protests Thursday. Yay! Not.

Translation: They'll be busing in paid protestors.

I don't like pointing this stuff out, because I support them taking whatever stand they want.

At the same time, I support shopping elsewhere.

I don't like pointing this stuff out, because I support them taking whatever stand they want.

At the same time, I support shopping elsewhere.
no one is arguing about whether or nor a private business can take a stance.

We're arguing about the logic of a company virtually boycotting itself...whose paying for the losses behind the scenes off the books?

If the shareholders share your view, then the CEO will be out. If you are not a shareholder, you have no say in the matter.

If the shareholders share your view, then the CEO will be out. If you are not a shareholder, you have no say in the matter.

Actually, no. In law it's known as:
Breach of Fiduciary Duty

How he has not yet been sued boggles my mind. Obviously the top shareholders are getting money under the table for SOMEONE ELSE to have not tried him in civil court.

Look at the photo in the OP and the massive plummet of their stock. There should be calls for resignation and civil lawsuits on the premise of Fiduciary Duty by the top shareholders.

Where are the plaintiffs?
Where are the calls for resignation?

Stockholders don't give TWO FLYING FUCKS about ethics or morals or social justice or day to day politics. They are the most greedy and vile bunch you'll ever meet...which is why SOMEONE MUST BE REIMBURSING THEIR LOSSES at a MINIMUM of AT LEAST $1.50 CASH for every $1 dollar lost on the books.

It makes NO FUCKING SENSE.

Something is "rotten in denmark."

Screenshot-2019-04-02-at-4-30-10-PM.png

In this photo Dicks hit's an all time low 3-4 months before the Parkland shooting. In Feburary (just before Parkland shooting) they reach a local peak, then it dips, months later when Dick Inc. announces their gun control stance you get another huge dip. It went up from holiday season then fell back to down the previous quarter's low.
hcqz5w3

Last edited:
You have to look at the 5-year to see what's really happening. Really the stock prices are about the same somehow as when the CEO made his announcement.

Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) Interactive Stock Chart

There's an in depth, and gentlemanly conservation, between a liberal and conservative on the issue on lawprofessors.com, where both acknowledge that an average 4% loss in revenue occurred from the CEO's political activism on gun control.

Business Law Prof Blog: Not Every CEO Opinion is a Breach of Fiduciary Duty (Most Aren't)

The article's posters are contesting whether or not a breach occurred. Both sides present strong arguments; however, since both arguments are VERY STRONG in favor and against the CEO, then there SHOULD ABSOLUTELY be lawsuits.

But there isn't...

That's what's mind boggling.

These wall street vultures are the most predacious and aggressive and ruthless people that you can possibly imagine. They sue each other night and day, so much that well reputed corporate lawfirms can charge exuberant prices due to the scarcity of great corporate lawyers since they're all on multiples white collar cases.

I got a feeling the conversation between Ed Stack and his top share holders went something along these lines:

Secretary: "Mr Stack, shareholder Joe Smith is on the phone, very angry and threatening to sue."

Mr Stack: "Hold my beer," picks up phone, "Speak to George Soros, he'll alleviate your concerns."

Joe Smith: Calls Soros, "Mr Soros, Ed Stack told me to call you concerning our deficits."

Soros: Insider Trading: "So Stock X and Stock Y..."

Joe Smith: "Thank you Mr Soros, I'll make those adjustments to my investments."

Last edited:
You have to look at the 5-year to see what's really happening. Really the stock prices are about the same somehow as when the CEO made his announcement.

There's an in depth, and gentlemanly conservation, between a liberal and conservative on the issue on lawprofessors.com, where both acknowledge that an average 4% loss in revenue occurred from the CEO's political activism on gun control.

Business Law Prof Blog: Not Every CEO Opinion is a Breach of Fiduciary Duty (Most Aren't)

To me it looks like they're going down the tubes anyways. Stock price now is less than 1/2 what it was. Equal or less than the lowest in 5 years.

To me it looks like they're going down the tubes anyways. Stock price now is less than 1/2 what it was. Equal or less than the lowest in 5 years.

Which makes it an even more serious breach of fiduciary duty. You don't kick your own company while its down.

If they were at their maximum peak, no one would bat an eye at 4-5% loss.

Which makes it an even more serious breach of fiduciary duty. You don't kick your own company while its down.

I'm not going to read that link right now, because it's time to go shoot, but I might check it out later and thank you!

Forum List

Back