Why again do left wingers believe taxing corporations more is helpful to the middle class?

Being willing to hamstring employers - in an intensely competitive global marketplace - is naive and short-sighted.

Their argument is probably that we have already lost the cost war, we have to win our trade on quality. The problem is others have been doing quality for centuries (Germans, Japanese) or more recently (South Korea) and they can still out compete us on price, AND keep their people around our Standard of Living.

If he takes the Axe to the agencies he is targeting, there should be some substantial cost savings. A drop in the bucket, but a start.
It will never happen, his budget proposals had major increases in national debt. How do you pay for a massive increase in defense spending, as if we really needed it,

By cutting other things. Also Trump can propose things, but only the House can start budget bills, so they are in the driver's seat.
I understand that, but again Trumps promises...............................

He's been doing pretty good so far on following through on his campaign promises. Now the issue is can he get them past the other government branches.
How has that immigration thing gone?
How has that Obamacare repeal gone?
What has he really accomplished?
Where are the jobs that was his number 1 goal?

its been less than 60 days. both of those are in progress. He's using the methods and processes available to him. He also keeps trying, as seen by this new executive order, which is probably less able to be quashed judicially.

It will never happen, his budget proposals had major increases in national debt. How do you pay for a massive increase in defense spending, as if we really needed it,

By cutting other things. Also Trump can propose things, but only the House can start budget bills, so they are in the driver's seat.

He's been doing pretty good so far on following through on his campaign promises. Now the issue is can he get them past the other government branches.

its been less than 60 days. both of those are in progress. He's using the methods and processes available to him. He also keeps trying, as seen by this new executive order, which is probably less able to be quashed judicially.
My point is that we have an administration with no experience, and they continue to screw things up. Why can't they get something right the first time. Had this happened to the Obama administration republicans would be screaming.
You put up with Trumps never ending lies, without question. here is a man who said he had a solution for Obamacare replacement long ago- all BS

Do you really think this administration is concerned about cutting spending? If you do, I have a bridge to nowhere to sell you

If he takes the Axe to the agencies he is targeting, there should be some substantial cost savings. A drop in the bucket, but a start.

You mean the deeply entrenched Political Establishment.

Being willing to hamstring employers - in an intensely competitive global marketplace - is naive and short-sighted.

Their argument is probably that we have already lost the cost war, we have to win our trade on quality. The problem is others have been doing quality for centuries (Germans, Japanese) or more recently (South Korea) and they can still out compete us on price, AND keep their people around our Standard of Living.
Oh, I'm not so sure the argument is as complicated as that. Look at the above assertion about "fair share".

:rolleyes-41:

There are a lot of people who simply don't understand this stuff, but do understand bumper sticker sloganeering and "business is mean & greedy".

Trying, always trying to figure this out. Trust me, they won't have an answer that makes any sense. They follow the same cliches that they need to "tax the rich" and "feed the poor."

Taxing corporations large amounts somehow is good for the middle class?

Do they know that when corporations are taxed less that it leads to more jobs, more jobs lead to more money stimulating the economy and more economic growth.

Do they have any other cliche or something original rather than this notion that trickle down does not work? They believe Reaganomics was bad for this country?

They actually use the notion "trickle up." Someone ought to tell them things don't trickle up. It is literally impossible and they should maybe get their own term and stop using phrases that make zero sense.

So, get ready for complete bullshit from them and more left wing marxist talking points. Nothing original.
Do you have something to post that shows that lower taxes equal more jobs? All lower taxes do is increase profits, no effect at all on jobs

All higher taxes do is increase the price of whatever is produced. Companies consider corporate taxes as a cost of doing business. So, like raw materials, payroll, utilities, ect, it is factored in the costs. If the costs go up, so do the prices.

In other words, companies don't pay the taxes, their customers do.

Trying, always trying to figure this out. Trust me, they won't have an answer that makes any sense. They follow the same cliches that they need to "tax the rich" and "feed the poor."

Do they know that when corporations are taxed less that it leads to more jobs, more jobs lead to more money stimulating the economy and more economic growth.

Do they have any other cliche or something original rather than this notion that trickle down does not work? They believe Reaganomics was bad for this country?

They actually use the notion "trickle up." Someone ought to tell them things don't trickle up. It is literally impossible and they should maybe get their own term and stop using phrases that make zero sense.

So, get ready for complete bullshit from them and more left wing marxist talking points. Nothing original.
Do you have something to post that shows that lower taxes equal more jobs? All lower taxes do is increase profits, no effect at all on jobs

All higher taxes do is increase the price of whatever is produced. Companies consider corporate taxes as a cost of doing business. So, like raw materials, payroll, utilities, ect, it is factored in the costs. If the costs go up, so do the prices.

If that is the case, why lower taxes?

Payroll taxes prevent growth. Period. Crushes small business and don't think that is not deliberate.

My point is that we have an administration with no experience, and they continue to screw things up. Why can't they get something right the first time. Had this happened to the Obama administration republicans would be screaming.
You put up with Trumps never ending lies, without question. here is a man who said he had a solution for Obamacare replacement long ago- all BS

I'd rather have people trying to do the right thing the wrong way than people trying to do the wrong thing the right way. And he is learning from his procedural faux pas.

"If you like your plan, you can keep your plan, period"

Oh, I'm not so sure the argument is as complicated as that. Look at the above assertion about "fair share".

:rolleyes-41:

There are a lot of people who simply don't understand this stuff, but do understand bumper sticker sloganeering and "business is mean & greedy".

i was talking about the thinkers, not the sheep. I do admit there are some progressive thinkers out there, they are just wrong.

The majority though? Baaaaaaaaaa....

Corporations are people. Corporations benefit from the government providing schools, infrastructure, safety and security and all the other services that keep our nation strong and healthy.
In fact these people benefit the most.
They should pay their fair share, shouldn't they?
Fuck you and your fucking talking points.

Look at the originality everyone.

"Fair share."

• The United States has the third highest general top marginal corporate income tax rate in the world, at 38.92 percent. Due to the recent reduction in Chad’s corporate tax rate, the U.S. rate is exceeded only by the United Arab Emirates and Puerto Rico.
  • The worldwide average top corporate income tax rate, across 188 countries and tax jurisdictions, is 22.5 percent. After weighting by each jurisdiction’s GDP, the average rate is 29.5 percent.
  • By region, Europe has the lowest average corporate tax rate, at 18.88 percent (26.22 percent, weighted by GDP). The G7 has the highest simple average, at 30.21 percent.
  • Larger, more industrialized countries tend to have higher corporate income tax rates than developing countries.
  • The worldwide average corporate tax rate has declined since 2003 from 30 percent to 22.5 percent.
  • Every region in the world has seen a decline in its average corporate tax rate in the past thirteen years.
Corporate Income Tax Rates around the World, 2016 - Tax Foundation

Fuck you, and your stupid long tired democrat talking points.

What about those facts for "fair share?" You know what? I am talking to a robot who is going to go back to the bag of robin hood cliches.

"Steal from the rich, give to the poor!!!"

Morons.

LMAO. You talk about "fair share" and yet your numbers reflect nothing in regards to the share of total taxes paid by corporations.

1. The US has the third highest rate.

Who fucking cares what the rate is. I don't give a shit what my tax rate is, hell, I couldn't even tell you what it comes out to. But, I can tell you how MUCH I paid. Armed with that number, well I can tell you what the EFFECTIVE RATE is, and that is what matters.
Fact Sheet: Corporate Tax Rates - Americans For Tax Fairness

2. World's average tax rate

Again, whoopy-de-damn-do. What is the world's average temperature? Reckon it has about has much to do with the "fair share" argument concerning corporate taxation as the world average tax rate.

3. Europe has lowest average corporate tax rate

No shit Sherlock, Europe also implements a Value Added Tax in ADDITION to the corporate income tax. You add that in and suddenly Europe is the highest taxed region in the world.

4. Larger industrialized nations tend to high higher corporate tax rates than developing countries.

Great, since we are the largest industrialized nation in the world we should probably have the highest corporate tax rate. Or are you claiming we are a "developing nation".

5. Worldwide average corporate tax rate has declines.

What is the argument here, that since everyone else is doing it we should? Great, I am so glad we are going to be moving to single payer healthcare.

6. Every region in the world has seen a decline in the average corporate tax rate.

So what. And hell, it has declined here. But the real problem,

• Corporate share of federal tax revenue has dropped by two-thirds in 60 years — from 32% in 1952 to 10% in 2013.
Unless you want to make the argument that ten percent IS corporate America's "fair share" I think we can safely say that, today, Corporations are not paying their fair share of taxes. We can move forward to the dispelling of more myths, like cutting taxes encourages investment, creates jobs, or increases revenue if you are prepared to learn a little something.

You mean the deeply entrenched Political Establishment.

And the bureaucracy. And the States that don't want to play nice.

As a federalist, I give the States their due, but there are some things they have to submit to, valid warrants are such an example.

Corporations are people. Corporations benefit from the government providing schools, infrastructure, safety and security and all the other services that keep our nation strong and healthy.

"Fair share."

• The United States has the third highest general top marginal corporate income tax rate in the world, at 38.92 percent. Due to the recent reduction in Chad’s corporate tax rate, the U.S. rate is exceeded only by the United Arab Emirates and Puerto Rico.
  • The worldwide average top corporate income tax rate, across 188 countries and tax jurisdictions, is 22.5 percent. After weighting by each jurisdiction’s GDP, the average rate is 29.5 percent.
  • By region, Europe has the lowest average corporate tax rate, at 18.88 percent (26.22 percent, weighted by GDP). The G7 has the highest simple average, at 30.21 percent.
  • Larger, more industrialized countries tend to have higher corporate income tax rates than developing countries.
  • The worldwide average corporate tax rate has declined since 2003 from 30 percent to 22.5 percent.
  • Every region in the world has seen a decline in its average corporate tax rate in the past thirteen years.

What about those facts for "fair share?" You know what? I am talking to a robot who is going to go back to the bag of robin hood cliches.

Morons.
OMG, you criticizing anyone for originality is pretty much the definition of hypocrisy. Dumb ass.

A corporation is a FICTITIOUS PERSON, created by the state in order to facilitate investment by individuals without imminent threat of their financial ruination.

The vast, vast, vast majority of corporations pay NO INCOME TAXES, because they operate under "Subchapter S," which treats their profits the same as a partnership - that is, the profits are passed along directly to the owners (partners), where they are taxed as the partners' income. But the corporation itself pays no income taxes.

There are two logical theories on corporate income taxation: The rate should be zero, and the rate should be 100%.

If the rate were zero, then the profits would be: (1) paid to the employees in salary and bonuses, which would be taxed to the employees, (2) paid out to the shareholders as dividends, where they would be taxed to the stockholders, or (3) plowed back into the business or held in reserve. With a zero corporate income tax rate, the corporations would not have to have their business decisions clouded by tax impacts, and could focus on maximizing profit - which is what they are created to do. In such a tax regime, there would have to be requirements for paying dividends and limits on how much cash can be held in reserve.

If the rate were 100%, then corporations would plow ALL their profits back into the business, which would be a good thing, but then who would want to be a owner? You buy stock in order to make money.

People who wail about corporations not paying their "fair share" of income taxes are economic ignorami. 'Nuff said.
There's that right wing binary thinking that I've been waiting for.

"Fair share."

Morons.

LMAO. You talk about "fair share" and yet your numbers reflect nothing in regards to the share of total taxes paid by corporations.

Who fucking cares what the rate is. I don't give a shit what my tax rate is, hell, I couldn't even tell you what it comes out to. But, I can tell you how MUCH I paid. Armed with that number, well I can tell you what the EFFECTIVE RATE is, and that is what matters.

Again, whoopy-de-damn-do. What is the world's average temperature? Reckon it has about has much to do with the "fair share" argument concerning corporate taxation as the world average tax rate.

No shit Sherlock, Europe also implements a Value Added Tax in ADDITION to the corporate income tax. You add that in and suddenly Europe is the highest taxed region in the world.

4. Larger industrialized nations tend to high higher corporate tax rates than developing countries.

Great, since we are the largest industrialized nation in the world we should probably have the highest corporate tax rate. Or are you claiming we are a "developing nation".

What is the argument here, that since everyone else is doing it we should? Great, I am so glad we are going to be moving to single payer healthcare.

6. Every region in the world has seen a decline in the average corporate tax rate.

• Corporate share of federal tax revenue has dropped by two-thirds in 60 years — from 32% in 1952 to 10% in 2013.
Unless you want to make the argument that ten percent IS corporate America's "fair share" I think we can safely say that, today, Corporations are not paying their fair share of taxes. We can move forward to the dispelling of more myths, like cutting taxes encourages investment, creates jobs, or increases revenue if you are prepared to learn a little something.
Fair share fair share fair share.

You are so full of shit.

Actually France went as high a 75% just a couple of years ago. It was a dismal failure. Businesses left, startups stopped happening, even small-time farmers whose land had gone up in value in previous years started getting destroyed by the government because they had no idea what their land was worth until the government came demanding payment on the excessive taxes. By then it was too late. They’d end up selling everything and still being in debt to their government.

Keep using the term "fair share" to seduce the morons on the left who pay nothing in taxes. Meanwhile the funny thing is you and people like you think the democrats will not put loopholes in and that it is only republicans.

You have any control over how dumb you allow yourselves to get?

If that is the case, why lower taxes?

I don't believe I suggested lowering the taxes. But, if the market is open to competition, lower taxes could lower the prices consumers pay.

"Fair share."

Morons.

You are so full of shit.

Actually France went as high a 75% just a couple of years ago. It was a dismal failure. Businesses left, startups stopped happening, even small-time farmers whose land had gone up in value in previous years started getting destroyed by the government because they had no idea what their land was worth until the government came demanding payment on the excessive taxes. By then it was too late. They’d end up selling everything and still being in debt to their government.

Keep using the term "fair share" to seduce the morons on the left who pay nothing in taxes. Meanwhile the funny thing is you and people like you think the democrats will not put loopholes in and that it is only republicans.

I take it you have no argument as to ten percent not being their "fair share". Great, first you make a claim without any supporting evidence and now you want to commit the fallacy, appeal to the extremes. Can you tag out and send in someone that can actually argue?

"Fair share."

Morons.

You are so full of shit.

I take it you have no argument as to ten percent not being their "fair share". Great, first you make a claim without any supporting evidence and now you want to commit the fallacy, appeal to the extremes. Can you tag out and send in someone that can actually argue?
You are just a pathetic democrat hack. Spilling out bullshit democrat cliches.

You are a bloviated hypocritical gasbag.

"Fair share."

Morons.

You are so full of shit.

If you can't support your position go back under your bridge and STFU. Ten percent IS NOT corporate America's fair share. Cutting taxes further will not encourage investment, it will do the exact opposite. Investment dollars, dollars placed back in to the business ARE NOT TAXED. When you cut taxes you don't provide additional investment funds to the business, you provide them to the business owners and shareholders. Cutting taxes ENCOURAGES taking money out of a business, not putting money in. If you actually owned a business, you would know this intuitively.

"Fair share."

Morons.

You are so full of shit.

If you can't support your position go back under your bridge and STFU. Ten percent IS NOT corporate America's fair share. Cutting taxes further will not encourage investment, it will do the exact opposite. Investment dollars, dollars placed back in to the business ARE NOT TAXED. When you cut taxes you don't provide additional investment funds to the business, you provide them to the business owners and shareholders. Cutting taxes ENCOURAGES taking money out of a business, not putting money in. If you actually owned a business, you would know this intuitively.
You have not addressed shit. It has been shown how raising taxes on corporations does not benefit the middle class.

You should keep thinking you did.

You didnt.

Forum List

Back