Why again do left wingers believe taxing corporations more is helpful to the middle class?

so here is a follow up, if the corporation is taxed on it's "earnings", which are passed in part to stock holders, who then are taxed on their capital gains, how is that legal? it is expressly forbidden in the constitution!

How is that any different from worker who's taxed on his earnings , and then taxes again when he buys things , owns a home , owns a car, buys gas, pays tolls, goes out to dinner .....

The difference is that both the corporate tax and the tax on dividends (capital gains) is an income tax at the federal level. If you live in a state that has sales taxes, or property taxes, that's legal as it is a different level of government. We have the highest corporate tax rates in the world, if it's the best solution, why is the rest of the world doing it?
We have lower than average effective corporate tax rates

What they end up paying

Do we? Show me the chart that shows "effective corporate tax rates" in the rest of the countries of the world. I've never seen one. Also, the so-called "effective corporate tax" rate is an invention of leftwingers. No one knows how it's calculated. Does it include all the S corporations where all the income is passed on down to the owner so it "effectively" pays no taxes?

corporatetaxcharts0222.png
corporate tax rates are higher in the U.S., it's the loop hole deductions that cause the effective tax rate to be lower. We need to simplify our tax codes.

How is that any different from worker who's taxed on his earnings , and then taxes again when he buys things , owns a home , owns a car, buys gas, pays tolls, goes out to dinner .....

The difference is that both the corporate tax and the tax on dividends (capital gains) is an income tax at the federal level. If you live in a state that has sales taxes, or property taxes, that's legal as it is a different level of government. We have the highest corporate tax rates in the world, if it's the best solution, why is the rest of the world doing it?

What they end up paying

Do we? Show me the chart that shows "effective corporate tax rates" in the rest of the countries of the world. I've never seen one. Also, the so-called "effective corporate tax" rate is an invention of leftwingers. No one knows how it's calculated. Does it include all the S corporations where all the income is passed on down to the owner so it "effectively" pays no taxes?

corporate tax rates are higher in the U.S., it's the loop hole deductions that cause the effective tax rate to be lower. We need to simplify our tax codes.
Statutory rate is quite high......but as you say, loopholes, deductions and ability to protect profit make what they actually pay quite low

So you can't say US corporations pay the highest taxes......because they don't

What they end up paying

I'm sure they are counting all the sub-chapter S corps that pay no taxes by design. There are a million ways to jigger those statistics, and the Dims wouldn't hesitate to use them.

so here is a follow up, if the corporation is taxed on it's "earnings", which are passed in part to stock holders, who then are taxed on their capital gains, how is that legal? it is expressly forbidden in the constitution!

What they end up paying

What's the source of your chart? Without attribution, it's meaningless.

What they end up paying

Let's see

effective_corporate_tax_rate_oecd_countries_2000-2005_average.jpg

OECD, U.S. treasury

Is this the part you admit you are wrong or are you going to try to cover your ass more with more bullshit dodges?

What they end up paying

Let's see

OECD, U.S. treasury

Is this the part you admit you are wrong or are you going to try to cover your ass more with more bullshit dodges?

Leftwing propaganda. They may have used Treasury data, but the played games with the statistics. We all know that. Here's your actual source:

Here's a more credible chart:

BA-AV544A_tax_c_NS_20110416012945.jpg

Last edited:
Corporations are people. Corporations benefit from the government providing schools, infrastructure, safety and security and all the other services that keep our nation strong and healthy.
In fact these people benefit the most.
They should pay their fair share, shouldn't they?

In theory . But find me a corporation that actually pays those top rates .

If it's so bad being a corporation, why incorporate?

Being a sole proprietorship or partnership is even worse.

So what your saying is corporations pay less than a working stiff! ?

How about a real life example of a corp paying taxes at that top rate???

In theory . But find me a corporation that actually pays those top rates .

If it's so bad being a corporation, why incorporate?

Being a sole proprietorship or partnership is even worse.

So what your saying is corporations pay less than a working stiff! ?

Hmmm, no, that isn't what I said. A sole proprietor is a business owner. The laws regarding sole proprietorship are more onerous that the laws regarding corporations. What other choice do you imagine a business owner has?

What they end up paying

Let's see

OECD, U.S. treasury

Leftwing propaganda. They may have used Treasury data, but the played games with the statistics. We all know that. Here's your actual source:

Here's a more credible chart:

BA-AV544A_tax_c_NS_20110416012945.jpg
Seniors for a Democratic Society vs US Treasury?

You lose

If he takes the Axe to the agencies he is targeting, there should be some substantial cost savings. A drop in the bucket, but a start.
It will never happen, his budget proposals had major increases in national debt. How do you pay for a massive increase in defense spending, as if we really needed it,

By cutting other things. Also Trump can propose things, but only the House can start budget bills, so they are in the driver's seat.
I understand that, but again Trumps promises...............................

He's been doing pretty good so far on following through on his campaign promises. Now the issue is can he get them past the other government branches.

Nope. Go read what he has actually done. Read his actual eo's. he really hasn't done much but bloviate and take weekly vacations.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Considering anything he does, cretins like you would find something wrong with it, your opinion is noted, and rejected.

Forum List

Back