Why again do left wingers believe taxing corporations more is helpful to the middle class?

Those commissions get taxed.

And while the very rich would either pay the tax or find a loophole, the middle class folks paying into their retirement accounts would also have to pay the taxes you suggest. And they would pay it every month when they put more money towards their retirement. Except the money put towards retirement would buy less.
Whoop de fucking do
Commissions get taxed as income just like everyone else

When you look at the percent of stocks owned by the working class compared to the filthy rich ...it is minimal

If speculative investment were taxed like it should be, the middle class would have a lot smaller tax burden
Investment shouldn't be taxed at all, unless you want everyone, including the middle class, to be a lot poorer.
The middle class pays taxes on all their earnings.....the wealthy do not

Making those that control our wealth pay for their investments will lessen the burden on working Americans
No it won't, moron. Taxing investment means fewer jobs and a lower standard of living. That's the bottom line. You're hatred of those having a better time in life won't change the laws of economics.

Don't make me laugh
The money made jockeying money back and forth creates no jobs.

Quit trying to prove that you're an economic moron. All wealth ends up being used either for consumption or the creation of capital (plant and equipment). There is no other place for it to go.

Are you saying you oppose our patent laws?

What I'm saying is that private biz and gov work together . It's not all one sided as the GOP would have you think .

I am all for as much research as we can do.

A lot of government research is wasted money.
That is the nature of research
It's especially so when it's government research.

Government research put a man on the moon, created computers, the Internet, GPS , cellular phones, medical breakthroughs, energy breakthroughs.....

Whoop de fucking do
Commissions get taxed as income just like everyone else

When you look at the percent of stocks owned by the working class compared to the filthy rich ...it is minimal

If speculative investment were taxed like it should be, the middle class would have a lot smaller tax burden
Investment shouldn't be taxed at all, unless you want everyone, including the middle class, to be a lot poorer.

Making those that control our wealth pay for their investments will lessen the burden on working Americans
No it won't, moron. Taxing investment means fewer jobs and a lower standard of living. That's the bottom line. You're hatred of those having a better time in life won't change the laws of economics.

Don't make me laugh

Quit trying to prove that you're an economic moron. All wealth ends up being used either for consumption or the creation of capital (plant and equipment). There is no other place for it to go.
Oh please....save us your fantasies

The days of wealth actually creating a product or jobs are in the past. Our wealthy are more involved in rampant speculation and finance. The money they make is taxed at a lower rate than those working for it

What I'm saying is that private biz and gov work together . It's not all one sided as the GOP would have you think .

Government research put a man on the moon, created computers, the Internet, GPS , cellular phones, medical breakthroughs, energy breakthroughs.....

Government didn't create cellular phones. Motorola did.

Government performed a few of the steps to create the internet. Private industry performed the other 95%. The internet was inevitable since private companies already had networks in their facilities.

The government did build the first programmable computer and created GPS. These were probably also inevitable. They would have just appeared slightly later than they did.

However, most of the vast improvements in computer power and affordability were the result of private development.

How did I benefit from putting a man on the moon?

Don't make me laugh

Oh please....save us your fantasies

The days of wealth actually creating a product or jobs are in the past. Our wealthy are more involved in rampant speculation and finance. The money they make is taxed at a lower rate than those working for it

How do you imagine a factory, an office building or an airliner gets built?

Government performed a few of the steps to create the internet. Private industry performed the other 95%. The internet was inevitable since private companies already had networks in their facilities.

The government did build the first programmable computer and created GPS. These were probably also inevitable. They would have just appeared slightly later than they did.

However, most of the vast improvements in computer power and affordability were the result of private development.

The routers used in cellular networks were developed by the government
The Internet was a government innovation as was the decision to make it a not for profit enterprise
Computer technology, which was highly expensive to develop, was a government innovation
The Private sector never would have sprung for the GPS satellite network
Private sector has yet to put a man on the moon after 50 years

Kind of blows apart your claim that Government research is wasted

The Internet was a government innovation as was the decision to make it a not for profit enterprise
Computer technology, which was highly expensive to develop, was a government innovation

Routers aren't used in "cellular network." In fact, the term "cellular network" is meaningless.

As I said before, the private sector invented 95% of the internet.

Private companies also developed 99% of the the technology that goes into modern computers, especially the solid state transistor, which as an invention of Bell Labs.

The private sector wouldn't put a man on the moon because no one wants to pay the cost for the non existent benefit returned. That's what government is good at: wasting money.

Stop worrying. Drumpf is slashing taxes right and left for his 1% cronies. You'll be thrilled to know your taxes are going sky high.

BTW, did you see the brainless R congress talking about the ways they would screw you? One of them wants to tax the sun and tack it onto your taxes.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Routers aren't used in "cellular network." In fact, the term "cellular network" is meaningless.

As I said before, the private sector invented 95% of the internet.

Private companies also developed 99% of the the technology that goes into modern computers, especially the solid state transistor, which as an invention of Bell Labs.

The private sector wouldn't put a man on the moon because no one wants to pay the cost for the non existent benefit returned. That's what government is good at: wasting money.
Routers are the key to a cellular network
The development of computers, GPS, the Internet, cell phones were government led innovations.......and you claim all government research is wasted

Do you really think this administration is concerned about cutting spending? If you do, I have a bridge to nowhere to sell you

If he takes the Axe to the agencies he is targeting, there should be some substantial cost savings. A drop in the bucket, but a start.
It will never happen, his budget proposals had major increases in national debt. How do you pay for a massive increase in defense spending, as if we really needed it,

By cutting other things. Also Trump can propose things, but only the House can start budget bills, so they are in the driver's seat.
I understand that, but again Trumps promises...............................

He's been doing pretty good so far on following through on his campaign promises. Now the issue is can he get them past the other government branches.

Nope. Go read what he has actually done. Read his actual eo's. he really hasn't done much but bloviate and take weekly vacations.

Corporations are people. Corporations benefit from the government providing schools, infrastructure, safety and security and all the other services that keep our nation strong and healthy.
In fact these people benefit the most.
They should pay their fair share, shouldn't they?

so here is a follow up, if the corporation is taxed on it's "earnings", which are passed in part to stock holders, who then are taxed on their capital gains, how is that legal? it is expressly forbidden in the constitution!

How is that any different from worker who's taxed on his earnings , and then taxes again when he buys things , owns a home , owns a car, buys gas, pays tolls, goes out to dinner .....

The difference is that both the corporate tax and the tax on dividends (capital gains) is an income tax at the federal level. If you live in a state that has sales taxes, or property taxes, that's legal as it is a different level of government. We have the highest corporate tax rates in the world, if it's the best solution, why is the rest of the world doing it?

Corporations are people. Corporations benefit from the government providing schools, infrastructure, safety and security and all the other services that keep our nation strong and healthy.

so here is a follow up, if the corporation is taxed on it's "earnings", which are passed in part to stock holders, who then are taxed on their capital gains, how is that legal? it is expressly forbidden in the constitution!

How is that any different from worker who's taxed on his earnings , and then taxes again when he buys things , owns a home , owns a car, buys gas, pays tolls, goes out to dinner .....

The difference is that both the corporate tax and the tax on dividends (capital gains) is an income tax at the federal level. If you live in a state that has sales taxes, or property taxes, that's legal as it is a different level of government. We have the highest corporate tax rates in the world, if it's the best solution, why is the rest of the world doing it?
We have lower than average effective corporate tax rates

What they end up paying

In theory . But find me a corporation that actually pays those top rates .

If it's so bad being a corporation, why incorporate?

Stop worrying. Drumpf is slashing taxes right and left for his 1% cronies. You'll be thrilled to know your taxes are going sky high.

BTW, did you see the brainless R congress talking about the ways they would screw you? One of them wants to tax the sun and tack it onto your taxes.

Politiciians who promise to tax the rich are the ones who screw you. Obama made that promise, and then he ended up raising taxes on all of us.

In theory . But find me a corporation that actually pays those top rates .

If it's so bad being a corporation, why incorporate?

Being a sole proprietorship or partnership is even worse.

What they end up paying

Do we? Show me the chart that shows "effective corporate tax rates" in the rest of the countries of the world. I've never seen one. Also, the so-called "effective corporate tax" rate is an invention of leftwingers. No one knows how it's calculated. Does it include all the S corporations where all the income is passed on down to the owner so it "effectively" pays no taxes?

What they end up paying

Do we? Show me the chart that shows "effective corporate tax rates" in the rest of the countries of the world. I've never seen one. Also, the so-called "effective corporate tax" rate is an invention of leftwingers. No one knows how it's calculated. Does it include all the S corporations where all the income is passed on down to the owner so it "effectively" pays no taxes?

corporatetaxcharts0222.png

Forum List

Back