Why are automatic weapons illegal and semi-automatic are legal

ElmerMudd

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2009
Why are automatic weapons illegal and semi-automatic weapons legal?
Semi-automatic weapons are very close to automatic weapons. If automatic weapons are illegal so should semi-automatic weapons.

How can the nut cases who think the government may come to take their guns away allow to have automatic weapons made illegal.

Full auto weapons are perfectly legal to own. I am in the process of hoop jumping down that road. It cost some money, is annoying and there is a loooong wait time but it's legal. I'm getting my stuff done for I can suppress a rifle.

Semi-automatic weapons are very close to automatic weapons.

How close? Spell it out.
Automatic weapons you need to pull the trigger once and the bullets just keep coming.
A semi-automatic weapons you need to keep your finger on the trigger.

Full auto weapons are perfectly legal to own. I am in the process of hoop jumping down that road. It cost some money, is annoying and there is a loooong wait time but it's legal. I'm getting my stuff done for I can suppress a rifle.
What do you need an automatic weapon for?

Semi-automatic weapons are very close to automatic weapons. If automatic weapons are illegal so should semi-automatic weapons.

How can the nut cases who think the government may come to take their guns away allow to have automatic weapons made illegal.
Well, I guess if the govenment didn't allow them to have semi- automatic weapons that would make them not so nutty wouldn"t it? You can never say what is possible for a government to do. Last time i checked it seems that a lot of the same people who call people NUTTERS for distrusting big government are the same people who hate and distrust the Police. Both of those organizations are made up of people. In the end, a country that allows a reasonable amount of self defence is the best to live in, you will have maybe (maybe) more tradjedies but fewer attrocities.

Easy

because we are being governed by a continuing criminal enterprise.

None of your business to know what they need it for. As the person responded it is legal to own certain automatic weapons as long as you pass the checks and requirements to buy one.

So your OP was incorrect.

Read this

I don't want a full auto, I want a suppressed weapon. Shooting is legal where I live, but my AR is extremely loud. I'm going to suppress it, then maybe later do full auto. As for why do I NEED either I really really don't other then my money, my time spent building it, MY decision. Basically because I want to.

Semi-automatic weapons are very close to automatic weapons.

How close? Spell it out.
Automatic weapons you need to pull the trigger once and the bullets just keep coming.

Keeping your finger on the trigger only fires one round.

<<<<<<<<<Why are automatic weapons illegal and semi-automatic weapons legal?>>>>>>>

because people who get killed by a semi-auto feel happier than people who get killed by a full auto

Forum List

Back