Why Are Christians the World's Most Persecuted Group?

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I don't think anyone in the civilized world would want to be a Christian in a Muslim country.

by Raymond Ibrahim
February 28, 2014

Why are Christians, as a new Pew report documents, the most persecuted religious group in the world? And why is their persecution occurring primarily throughout the Islamic world? (In the category on "Countries with Very High Government Restrictions on Religion," Pew lists 24 countries—20 of which are Islamic and precisely where the overwhelming majority of "the world's" Christians are actually being persecuted.)

The reason for this ubiquitous phenomenon of Muslim persecution of Christians is threefold:

Christianity is the largest religion in the world. There are Christians practically everywhere around the globe, including in much of the Muslim world. Moreover, because much of the land that Islam seized was originally Christian—including the Middle East and North Africa, the region that is today known as the "Arab world"—Muslims everywhere are still confronted with vestiges of Christianity, for example, in Syria, where many ancient churches and monasteries are currently being destroyed by al-Qaeda linked, U.S. supported "freedom fighters." Similarly, in Egypt, where Alexandria was a major center of ancient Christianity before the 7th century Islamic invasions, there still remain at least 10 million Coptic Christians (though some put the number at much higher). Due to sheer numbers alone, then, indigenous Christians are much more visible and exposed to attack by Muslims than other religious groups throughout the Arab world. Yet as CNS News puts it, "President Obama expressed hope that the 'Arab Spring' would give rise to greater religious freedom in North Africa and the Middle East, which has had the world's highest level of hostility towards religion in every year since 2007, when Pew first began measuring it. However, the study finds that these regions actually experienced the largest increase in religious hostilities in 2012."

Continue reading at:

Why Are Christians the World's Most Persecuted Group? :: Middle East Forum

Have they replaced Jews? The Jews have one 1st world country, the muslims have like 20 3rd world countries, and Christians are in charge of everything else.

I think us Christians should come up with a plan to evacuate every single Christian from the middle east wasteland.

Have they replaced Jews? The Jews have one 1st world country, the muslims have like 20 3rd world countries, and Christians are in charge of everything else.

I think us Christians should come up with a plan to evacuate every single Christian from the middle east wasteland.

Since there are so few Jews left in Muslim countries, there really aren't enough Jews for the Muslims to set upon. Their victims nowadays are the Christians, and of course the Hindus in Southeast Asia.

In all lands where Muslims are the majority there is persecution against all non Muslims.

We would have a far greater impact if we stopped sending them food and workers to keep the oil flowing. Once we stop extracting their oil for them they will soon become destitute and will come begging. Then we can institute change by forcing a two state solution, free access to mecca for non muslims and cathedrals towering above the top of mosques in ever nation.

I don't believe that the Christian man converted before he was beheaded. Had he converted they would not have cut his head off. Millions have refused and had their heads cut off. It must be quite a blow to their egos.

Why Are Christians the World's Most Persecuted Group in a Muslim country?

That reads far more correctly in relation to the OP.

I don't think anyone in the civilized world would want to be a Christian in a Muslim country.

by Raymond Ibrahim
February 28, 2014

Why are Christians, as a new Pew report documents, the most persecuted religious group in the world? And why is their persecution occurring primarily throughout the Islamic world? (In the category on "Countries with Very High Government Restrictions on Religion," Pew lists 24 countries—20 of which are Islamic and precisely where the overwhelming majority of "the world's" Christians are actually being persecuted.)

The reason for this ubiquitous phenomenon of Muslim persecution of Christians is threefold:

Christianity is the largest religion in the world. There are Christians practically everywhere around the globe, including in much of the Muslim world. Moreover, because much of the land that Islam seized was originally Christian—including the Middle East and North Africa, the region that is today known as the "Arab world"—Muslims everywhere are still confronted with vestiges of Christianity, for example, in Syria, where many ancient churches and monasteries are currently being destroyed by al-Qaeda linked, U.S. supported "freedom fighters." Similarly, in Egypt, where Alexandria was a major center of ancient Christianity before the 7th century Islamic invasions, there still remain at least 10 million Coptic Christians (though some put the number at much higher). Due to sheer numbers alone, then, indigenous Christians are much more visible and exposed to attack by Muslims than other religious groups throughout the Arab world. Yet as CNS News puts it, "President Obama expressed hope that the 'Arab Spring' would give rise to greater religious freedom in North Africa and the Middle East, which has had the world's highest level of hostility towards religion in every year since 2007, when Pew first began measuring it. However, the study finds that these regions actually experienced the largest increase in religious hostilities in 2012."

Continue reading at:

Why Are Christians the World's Most Persecuted Group? :: Middle East Forum

I got a VOM newsletter that said 2013 was the most christians slaughtered in a single year. I guess the number is going up each year.

Christianity Is ?Most Persecuted Religion,? British Parliament Told

I will have to disagree with you on that one, Jake. The OP is correct. The most persecuted religion in the world today is Christianity. Every 11 minutes another Christian is murdered somewhere in the world. Every 11 minutes another Christian is dying and leaving this earth. That is pretty horrific. It isn't isolated to the Muslim world, Jake. It's in North Korea, it's in Iran, it's Scotland, Ireland, it's all over the world. When the OP read world it meant "world". No corrections necessary.

- Jeri

Clip from the linThe plight of Christians around the world was discussed in a three-hour debate at the Houses of Parliament in London Tuesday.

Members of the House of Commons were told that the persecution of Christians is increasing, that one Christian is killed about every 11 minutes around the world, and that Christianity is the “most persecuted religion globally.”

A long list of countries in which life as a Christian is most difficult was discussed, including Syria, North Korea, Eritrea, Nigeria, Iraq and Egypt.

MP Jim Shannon said the persecution of Christians is “the biggest story in the world that has never been told.”

He said that although the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion is enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, there are many countries in which these rights are not given.

Shannon alleged that 200 million Christians will be persecuted for their faith this year, while he said that 500 million live in “dangerous neighborhoods.”

Last edited:
Have 6 million died? All in one almost fell swoop? If not, then I think Christians have no clue what is like to be Jewish.

I don't believe that the Christian man converted before he was beheaded. Had he converted they would not have cut his head off. Millions have refused and had their heads cut off. It must be quite a blow to their egos.

He spoke the shahada correctly and was still killed.

Have 6 million died? All in one almost fell swoop? If not, then I think Christians have no clue what is like to be Jewish.

Oh yes we do! And we have each others backs for that very reason, Gracie. No one know what being persecuted is like better than those who have been through it. There are many forms of persecutiion. Anti-semitism is a form of persecution. Unreasonable hatred of christians who preach Jesus is a form persecution. It takes on many forms. Some of it cannot be seen with the naked eye but make no mistake it is there and they do their best to inflict damage. Mostly on people they don't even know. If you can imagine it. It's happening all over the world. .....more and more in Europe.

He spoke the shahada correctly and was still killed.

My mistake, Aris. You're right. Guess the former practice of converting and letting them go isn't a guarantee. That should be an awakening for people. If ever there was one.

Christians having a hissy because they are berated or sometimes killed for being christian. Eye roll. You let me know when christians, EN MASSE, are thrown in ovens, put in labor camps, medically experimented on, tortured, etc to the tune of 6 million. Or was it more?

I will have to disagree with you on that one, Jake. The OP is correct. The most persecuted religion in the world today is Christianity. Every 11 minutes another Christian is murdered somewhere in the world. Every 11 minutes another Christian is dying and leaving this earth. That is pretty horrific. It isn't isolated to the Muslim world, Jake. It's in North Korea, it's in Iran, it's Scotland, Ireland, it's all over the world. When the OP read world it meant "world". No corrections necessary.

- Jeri

Clip from the linThe plight of Christians around the world was discussed in a three-hour debate at the Houses of Parliament in London Tuesday.

Members of the House of Commons were told that the persecution of Christians is increasing, that one Christian is killed about every 11 minutes around the world, and that Christianity is the “most persecuted religion globally.”

A long list of countries in which life as a Christian is most difficult was discussed, including Syria, North Korea, Eritrea, Nigeria, Iraq and Egypt.

MP Jim Shannon said the persecution of Christians is “the biggest story in the world that has never been told.”

He said that although the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion is enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, there are many countries in which these rights are not given.

Shannon alleged that 200 million Christians will be persecuted for their faith this year, while he said that 500 million live in “dangerous neighborhoods.”

And Muslims in the Congo being genocided by Christians? Was that discussed?

So my change in the OP should be to "Syria, North Korea, Eritrea, Nigeria, Iraq and Egypt."

Oh yes we do! And we have each others backs for that very reason, Gracie. No one know what being persecuted is like better than those who have been through it. There are many forms of persecutiion. Anti-semitism is a form of persecution. Unreasonable hatred of christians who preach Jesus is a form persecution. It takes on many forms. Some of it cannot be seen with the naked eye but make no mistake it is there and they do their best to inflict damage. Mostly on people they don't even know. If you can imagine it. It's happening all over the world. .....more and more in Europe.

Gracie means well and of course the numbers from the Holocaust are horrendous and it is appreciated that she brings them up since there have been posters who have claimed it was all a hoax. However, the numbers although not as high as the Holocaust are certainly high when you consider such things as the two million plus Christians murdered in the Sudan, and the millions of Nigerian Christians killed in the seventies. In fact, even now the President of the Sudan said that he doesn't want to see any more Christians in his country nor does he want any more Black tribes therer. What is he going to do? Have them all killed? Let us hope that one day civilized people in the world will speak out loud against what is going on and that those doing the persecuting should have more tolerance toward the beliefs of others.

- Jeri

So my change in the OP should be to "Syria, North Korea, Eritrea, Nigeria, Iraq and Egypt."

today it was muslims killing christian in africa.
alternates

How ever....
http://www.nation.co.ke/news/africa...resident/-/1066/2153556/-/a260lc/-/index.html

Last edited:

- Jeri

The discussion / OP is Christians being the most persecuted people on earth right now, Jake. I'm aware of Muslims murdering muslims in the Congo. There have been no reports by VOM of Muslims being genocided by Christians but I'll see if there are any stories about it and get back to you.

In the meantime, your list is incomplete. Here are a list of restricted nations persecuting Christians right now. If you need further data on any of these nations let me know and I'll post it for you.

Mexico

Cuba

Columbia

Venezuala

Senegal

Mauritania

Guinea

Sierra Leone

Liberia

Ivory Coast

Mali

Indonesia

Morocco

Algeria

Tunisia

Libya

Egypt

Sudan

Uganda

Kenya

Tanzania

Comoros

Ethiopia

China

Dibouti

Eritea

Yemen

Sudan

Libya

Tunisia

Jordan

Lebanon

Syria

Turkey

Azebhajan

Uzbekistan

Kajakhstan

Russia

Belarus

Iran

Turkmenistan

Afghanistan

Pakistan

Nepal

Bhutan

China

North Korea

Qatar

Oman

Bahrain

Kuwait

Iraq

Tajikistan

Kyrgystan

Laos

Vietnam

Malaysia

Maldives

Sri Lanka

..............and more. Those nations are restricted nations persecuting Christians. As a christian I'm sure you are as appalled as I am, Jake, by the persecution of our brothers and sisters in restricted nations.

The methods of killing christians in many of these nations is quite brutal. These Christians are forced to stand in excement up to their necks in North Korean prison / work camps. They are forced to labor approx 18 hours a day with 4 hours of sleep. The Christians of North Korea are given the most brutal work assignments. This was confirmed by a Korean communist imprisoned in a NK workcamp who became a christian after watching them suffer for Christ. When a christian gives birth they kick the woman to bring her into labor. The baby is born - they snap the neck, cut the umbilical cord and send the woman back out to work. From the reports inside North Korean work camps it is said that the conditions are equal or worse to the conditions that were in the death camps of Hitler. Imagine it. That is the level of brutality and we've got people in this world that don't even know what is going on!! Richard Wurmbrand - founder of voice of the martyrs - was in a communist prison for almost 2 decades and tells horror stories UNSPEAKABLE! Read his book, Tortured for Christ. Dumitru Duduman was tortured for Christ in a Romanian jail and tells the story in his book, Man through the Fire. Sun Li was a North Korean communist who miraculously escaped after years of torture and starvation and was eye witness to the North Korean death camps / work camps and testified before Congress . She is the author of Eyes of the Tailess animals. Another powerful work exposing the level of persecution of Christians happening on the earth today.

The average life span of a Christian worker who makes it into North Korea is less than 30 days. It is well understood it is a one way in with no exit strategy. How many christians are willing to take on that kind of assignment? Another method is crucifixion. There are many stories of Christians being crucified to trees, put in boxes nailed shut, hacked by machetes, beheaded...... those who persecute the christians will take the babies of Christians and execute them viciously in front of the parents.

Ripped out fingernails, dismembering their bodies with machetes, hacking off hands, arms, legs, acid thrown on their faces and scarred for life, anything you can imagine - is happening out there somewhere. Nothing is so sad as to see the cover story on VOM showing a 4 yr old child without an arm because it was hacked off by a machete wielding murderer.. A christian without a face because he or she refused to convert to Islam. I've seen photos of red chinese communists hog tying christians and torturing them to death. I've seen christians soaked with gasoline and set on fire. I've seen more than one video of beheadings of christians, non Christians and Jews. It is a good thing to become educated about persecution of Christians today and become an advocate because if no one stands up for the Jews or Christians they may one day find there is no one left to stand up for them either.

Have a blessed day everyone!

- Jeremiah

Forum List

Back