Why are civilians being told not to help in hurricane relief?

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2007
Desert Southwest USA
To me it is incomprehensible. Buttigieg has apparently stopped all civilian airplanes, helicopters and drones from being able to help with the hurricane search, rescue or help restore the supply chain. And now they're apparently stopping Elon Musk/Trump from helping provide communications with Starlink. How in the world does a good government stop good people from stepping up to help? For what purpose?

The FEMA website gushes glowing reports of all the wonderful and effective work they are doing in the Hurricane relief even as Mayorkas said FEMA is out of money--at least until he was instructed to stop saying it--while those on the ground on Day 8 after the hurricane first hit say they haven't seen FEMA personnel anywhere and the body count continues to pile up. Would the government lie on their FEMA website?

So what's going on? What is the Administration trying to hide? From the outside it looks like they are desperate to hide their incompetence, ineffectiveness and downright malfeasance in carrying out their responsibilities.

To me it is incomprehensible. Buttigieg has apparently stopped all civilian airplanes, helicopters and drones from being able to help with the hurricane search, rescue or help restore the supply chain. And now they're apparently stopping Elon Musk/Trump from helping provide communications with Starlink. How in the world does a good government stop good people from stepping up to help? For what purpose?

The FEMA website gushes glowing reports of all the wonderful and effective work they are doing in the Hurricane relief even as Mayorkas said FEMA is out of money--at least until he was instructed to stop saying it--while those on the ground on Day 8 after the hurricane first hit say they haven't seen FEMA personnel anywhere and the body count continues to pile up. Would the government lie on their FEMA website?

So what's going on? What is the Administration trying to hide? From the outside it looks like they are desperate to hide their incompetence, ineffectiveness and downright malfeasance in carrying out their responsibilities.

We still have plenty of private initiatives taking food and supplies up there from South Carolina, and warm clothing for when it gets cold there before too long. The dimtard administration is absolutely fubar, these prople need immediate help.

We still have plenty of private initiatives taking food and supplies up there from South Carolina, and warm clothing for when iit gets cold there before too long. The dimtard administration is absolutely fubar, these prople need immediate help.
I hope you're right about private help because unless there is something we aren't being told, the policies I listed have no justification whatsoever.

Some sources I've read have said FEMA personnel has confiscated private donations and stored them. Then when/if they are distributed, the people are told it is coming from FEMA.

Last edited:
FEMA is a bureaucratic mess. Some of the people trying to help can get in trouble quickly over there due to the carnage and missing roads, etc. They're probably stopping people due to those reasons Id assume but then again, our govt is not always there for us so Im not sure.

Because it makes the stumbling bumbling federal government look bad
Truth is about 10 experienced helicopter and small plane pilots were doing just fine. No incidents at all.
Lying lib loons then lie and make pretend it’s busy like O’Hare and therefore dangerous. About one aircraft per hour have been moving around down there. Far more insidious is the racial nature of those imperiled and those assisting. In a vital swing state. Egg all over their face out of money FEMA is lashing out at the citizenry for solving ther own dire problems

FEMA is a bureaucratic mess. Some of the people trying to help can get in trouble quickly over there due to the carnage and missing roads, etc. They're probably stopping people due to those reasons Id assume but then again, our govt is not always there for us so Im not sure.
The thing is they raided the FEMA funds to process, provide transportation and healthcare, housing, food, cash to millions of migrants that should never have been allowed to be here and now got caught with egg on their faces when those funds are needed to help Americans.

The DEI policies forced on them like in all the rest of Biden's administration and Kamala's insistence that there be equity in disaster distribution meaning some demographics would receive FEMA help ahead of others regardless of immediate emergency certainly hasn't helped anything.

But passing out those $750 checks to desperate people who lost everything to the hurricane and aftermath was an absolute insult considering the average allocation per illegal migrant is $9,000

Because they'll clog up the search and relief efforts. It ain't helping....if you're just getting in the way. The sentiment is nice but it's just a hinderance. Think the civilians hunting the shark in small boats in "Jaws". :)
Send money, send provisions (if asked).

i'm sure most are do gooders, but just a few troublemakers / looters can really make cleanup/recovery even more stressful.

I strongly suspect there are some "authorized vendors" involved, who need their palms greased with taxpayer loot.

I'll keep repeating this truth: we really cannot detest these contemptible District of Criminals slimebags enough.

Because they'll clog up the search and relief efforts. It ain't helping....if you're just getting in the way. The sentiment is nice but it's just a hinderance. Think the civilians hunting the shark in small boats in "Jaws". :)
Where these private initiatives have been mostly helping, no FEMA personnel can be found. And nobody has disputed yet that when FEMA personnel is there, the private contributions have been taken by them and then, when and if they are distributed, the recipients are told it is coming from FEMA.

Not much to commend FEMA on this one.

I strongly suspect there are some "authorized vendors" involved, who need their palms greased with taxpayer loot.

I'll keep repeating this truth: we really cannot detest these contemptible District of Criminals slimebags enough.
That would certainly be one plausible explanation. And given FEMA's response to things so far, I can't come up with any good reason to suspect it isn't true.

I hope you're right about private help because unless there is something we aren't being told, the policies I listed have no justification whatsoever.

Some sources I've read have said FEMA personnel has confiscated private donations and stored them. Then when/if they are distributed, the people are told it is coming from FEMA.
I highly doubt it.

i'm sure most are do gooders, but just a few troublemakers / looters can really make cleanup/recovery even more stressful.
I'm not seeing any report on troublemakers/looters. Just desperate people begging for help when there has been none now on Day 8. And those civilians and other states trying to help are now often being prevented from doing so.

I can't see that as anything other than gross incompetence or even possible intentional criminality.

06e5ac79aa9804817d79e4c99fac480c_768x0.png

Most of the efforts have been in areas in which no FEMA personnel can be found. Hundreds without food and water for days now have been rescued and helped by these private initiatives. If any are interfering with FEMA operations they can be asked to direct their efforts elsewhere, but there is zero reason for FEMA to disallow the help.

Forum List

Back