Why are more white cops likely to shoot unarmed blacks than Latin cops?

One group is always at the top of heap in violent, heinous crimes....MALES. I am not suggesting any bias is juastified, some of my best friends are...that kind....really..............................;)

I still haven't seen a link...why did the OP flee the thread when asked for one?

Here is one study indicating members of a community are more likely to shoot armed blacks than armed whites, there are cites to other studies indicating racial bias among police, while others do not:

Police Chief Magazine - View Article

In some ways, these results raised more questions than they answered. Foremost on that list was, would trained police officers show a similar pattern of bias?

Earlier sociological research had, in some cases, suggested that police were effectively unbiased in their treatment of black and white suspects.4 In other cases, researchers suggested that police culture actually promoted racism among individual officers.5

My belief is TRAINING plays a significant role in LE behavior on the job.

You gotta show statistics to support your hypothesis?

I posted a study, so far read only by me it appears. That studies references others; the evidence is conflicting as to racial bias in police shootings.

White cops get patrol areas in black and hispanic neighborhoods. Since everyone is black or hispanic all of their stops are of blacks and hispanics.

Not all of their stops. They racially profile whites in these areas, because they KNOW that white, esp teens, go to these areas to buy cheap drugs. I used to go to close to Humboldt Park to get QPs of cheap shawg sell. It was dirt cheap for shit weed. The only white boys in those areas were the ones buying drugs.

Forum List

Back