Why are most Trump products made in foreign countries?

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
TrumpShirt031457635751.jpg

Donald Trump’s line of clothing and accessories is made in Bangladesh, China, Honduras and other low-wage countries.

More: Trump has profited from foreign labor he says is killing U.S. jobs

Trump seems to speak with forked tongue regarding American jobs.

Labor costs are lower. That is a no brainer. I have no problem with corporations manufacturing products overseas. A for profit business pretty much has one objective: make money. If they can reduce operating costs (which benefits American consumers on the retail end) by moving manufacturing overseas and it's legal, so be it. One of the reasons I don't care for Mr. Trump is his hypocrisy on this issue. He is critical of businesses that take advantage of cheap labor; threatening them with taxes/fines, while engaging in the same practice.

Labor costs are lower. That is a no brainer. I have no problem with corporations manufacturing products overseas. A for profit business pretty much has one objective: make money. If they can reduce operating costs (which benefits American consumers on the retail end) by moving manufacturing overseas and it's legal, so be it. One of the reasons I don't care for Mr. Trump is his hypocrisy on this issue. He is critical of businesses that take advantage of cheap labor; threatening them with taxes/fines, while engaging in the same practice.

Yeah, but Trump lives in a glass house - which means he shouldn't throw rocks. Hence, accuse others of what he is doing. It's called PROJECTION.

From the OP:

On the campaign trail, Trump has blasted Ford Motor Co. for opening factories in Mexico, criticized a U.S. drug company that moved its headquarters offshore and said he will eat no more Oreo cookies because its maker, Nabisco, moved part of its production to Mexico.

When news broke three weeks ago that the air-conditioner maker Carrier was moving 1,400 jobs from a plant in Indianapolis to Monterrey, Mexico, Trump wrote on Facebook: “We cannot allow this to keep happening. It will NOT happen under my watch.”

Moreover, Trump has mentioned labor conditions overseas in support of his position that goods should be made in the United States, telling CNN last year that Chinese laborers are “paid a lot less and the standards are worse when it comes to the environment and health care and worker safety.”

Yeah, but Trump lives in a glass house - which means he shouldn't throw rocks. Hence, accuse others of what he is doing. It's called PROJECTION.

From the OP:

On the campaign trail, Trump has blasted Ford Motor Co. for opening factories in Mexico, criticized a U.S. drug company that moved its headquarters offshore and said he will eat no more Oreo cookies because its maker, Nabisco, moved part of its production to Mexico.

When news broke three weeks ago that the air-conditioner maker Carrier was moving 1,400 jobs from a plant in Indianapolis to Monterrey, Mexico, Trump wrote on Facebook: “We cannot allow this to keep happening. It will NOT happen under my watch.”

Moreover, Trump has mentioned labor conditions overseas in support of his position that goods should be made in the United States, telling CNN last year that Chinese laborers are “paid a lot less and the standards are worse when it comes to the environment and health care and worker safety.”
Like I said, I have no problem with legal overseas manufacturing and Mr. Trump is a hypocrite for threatening companies that do so.

Is it any worse than Hillary preaching women's and gays rights....as she accepts huge donations from tyrants who oppress and terrorize women and gays?

Is it any worse than Hillary preaching women's and gays rights....as she accepts huge donations from tyrants who oppress and terrorize women and gays?

Deflection, trying to compare apples to oranges. Try to focus...

Forum List

Back