🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Zone1 Why are the non-Christians always trying to force Christians into... whatever?

Yes. That horrbible oppression of drunks and retailers caused the deaths of untold millions. We had to repopulate the country after that bloodbath, plus all the hospitals that went broke from lack of drunks causing car wrecks and jails with half full drunk tanks and stuff.
Dodge. Are you claiming that the Blue laws were for public safety and not for Christianity?

Are you claiming they were some awful dystopian Fundie Nightmare, like some hysterical Snowflake?
I think my claim was clear, the reason for the Blue laws was solely for religious reasons. Period.

If you can't answer a question, it's always good to bring in a strawman to ask unrelated questions instead.

I think my claim was clear, the reason for the Blue laws was solely for religious reasons. Period.

If you can't answer a question, it's always good to bring in a strawman to ask unrelated questions instead.

So you can't find anything bad about them, other than you had buy your booze on Saturday. Wah. In other news, it gave retail employees a at least one day off a week where they didn't have to wait on sniveling snowflakes.

And what 'question' did you have? Sniveling isn't a question.

I would not say 'period' because of other factors. Most people of the day were Christian, and half were women. During their time off, many men drank, spending money the household could not afford, and more than some became abusive to wife and children. One of the reasons prohibition came about was due to women suffering abuse from husbands who drank too much at a time divorce laws were strict, and children were awarded to the father due to monetary reasons.

My rule of thumb is that there are always three good reasons that lead to any action. First, Sunday was, indeed, supposed to be a holy day, where the focus was on God, not alcohol. Second, drinking up the family income meant hardship for the rest of the family. Third, abuse and rowdiness.

So you can't find anything bad about them, other than you had buy your booze on Saturday. Wah. In other news, it gave retail employees a at least one day off a week where they didn't have to wait on sniveling snowflakes.

And what 'question' did you have? Sniveling isn't a question.
I didn't say there was nothing bad about them, only that they were based solely to benefit a single religion.

For Jews, Sunday was not their Sabbath, meaning Jews couldn't shop on either Saturday or Sunday. Rather inconvenient when those were the typical days off.

I would not say 'period' because of other factors. Most people of the day were Christian, and half were women. During their time off, many men drank, spending money the household could not afford, and more than some became abusive to wife and children. One of the reasons prohibition came about was due to women suffering abuse from husbands who drank too much at a time divorce laws were strict, and children were awarded to the father due to monetary reasons.

My rule of thumb is that there are always three good reasons that lead to any action. First, Sunday was, indeed, supposed to be a holy day, where the focus was on God, not alcohol. Second, drinking up the family income meant hardship for the rest of the family. Third, abuse and rowdiness.
Sunday was a holy day for only one religion, Christianity, but the laws affected all religions. I fail to see how limiting drunks to 6 days a week instead of 7 was a very effective deterrent to abuse.

Sunday was a holy day for only one religion, Christianity, but the laws affected all religions. I fail to see how limiting drunks to 6 days a week instead of 7 was a very effective deterrent to abuse.
Saturday was the holy day for Quakers and Jews. Neither were known for being rowdy or disrespectful on their holy day. Interesting, is it not, that it was the Christians who seemed to need that rein. Where was the Christian self-discipline?

I didn't say there was nothing bad about them, only that they were based solely to benefit a single religion.

For Jews, Sunday was not their Sabbath, meaning Jews couldn't shop on either Saturday or Sunday. Rather inconvenient when those were the typical days off.

Because the whole country must pander to any single digit minority's convenience. lol so what? Nobody forces Jews to live here. Or atheists, or pagans.

I don't normally see Christians trying to force their religion on others (not speaking of the JWs and others who are not actually Christians)

But you always see atheists, radical leftists, communists trying to FORCE all of society to go along with their "views" or their perversions... like trying to force normies to accept transgendering and faggotry
funniest thing

Never once had a Trans person bang on my door and threaten me with eternal damnation for not being Trans.

probably trying to collect money for the Watchtower.

They have the right idea, going door to door, but they have the wrong religion. They throw out Hell altogether even though Jesus was QUITE specific about "eternal punishment" (Mt 25:31, etc)

So that is a false religion, and not just in that way
Yes, of course.

Your religious fantasies are WAAAAAY better than their religious fantasies.

Because it is a FREE COUNTRY. We have just as much right to force our gay and transgender pro-science beliefs as you do to push your beliefs.

Because the whole country must pander to any single digit minority's convenience. lol so what? Nobody forces Jews to live here. Or atheists, or pagans.
To paraphrase the OP:

Why are the Christians always trying to force non-Christians into... whatever?​

As you said, nobody forces Christians to live here and whine about it.

Why the obvious hostility toward Jews? All that poster did was point out that having stores closed on Sunday for Christians and the fact that Jews didn’t shop on Saturday made it inconvenient. When I was growing up, we had “after-dinner” shopping on Tuesday night for school clothes or whatever we needed.

We never considered leaving the country because of it. Jeez.

I don't normally see Christians trying to force their religion on others (not speaking of the JWs and others who are not actually Christians)

But you always see atheists, radical leftists, communists trying to FORCE all of society to go along with their "views" or their perversions... like trying to force normies to accept transgendering and faggotry
The answer is simple........as a Christian you have been "called out from the world" and no longer serve the "god of this world"...i.e., Satan (2 Cor. 4:4). Jesus stated the reason very clearly, "If the world hates you, ye know that it hated Me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own (notice....Jesus stated "his own, not its own".....a clear reference to the god of this world), but because you are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world; therefore the world hates you." -- Luke 15:18-19

Count it a blessing.....when you are attacked in defense of the gospel of our Lord Christ Jesus. (Matt. 5:11)

Those that continue to attack the Christian nation do as much because they are serving the god of this world.....even if its not comprehended. The Christian is engaged in "spiritual warfare" on a daily basis because, "For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. (that weapon remains......divine truth as delivered from heaven). We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion (opinions are not based upon truth, but subjective rhetoric) raised against the knowledge of God and take every thought captive to obey Christ, being ready to punish any disobedience....when your obedience is complete." -- 2 Cor. 10:3-6

We are commanded to "defend the truth".

To paraphrase the OP:

Why are the Christians always trying to force non-Christians into... whatever?​

As you said, nobody forces Christians to live here and whine about it.

So leave; The country was founded by Christians, and they're still the majority religion. You move.; Christians don't need to.

Why the obvious hostility toward Jews?

lol you're projecting. Somebody else brought Jews up, not me, moron. Your knee jerk reactionary sniveling is just hypocritical. Do you think Jews are forced to live here? lol

funniest thing

Never once had a Trans person bang on my door and threaten me with eternal damnation for not being Trans.

This is simply a stupid analogy. You have to be emotionally retarded to dream this sort of idiocy up and think it's some sort of zinger or something.

Forum List

Back