Why Aren't Millions of Americans Going to Cuba for Healthcare?

I think where the US excels in medical care is in the treatment of diseases and illness. If I had a brain tumor, I'd rather be treated in the US than in Cuba.

I think where the US excels in medical care is in the treatment of diseases and illness. If I had a brain tumor, I'd rather be treated in the US than in Cuba.

The US excels in treatment of symptoms because it's more profitable to treat symptoms than to cure diseases. If a drug company produces a cure for a disease, that means they can't keep selling the treatment of the symptoms.

A cure works just once, but treatment of symptoms can last an entire lifetime...and thus is the problem with for-profit health care.

How come their country's nationzied health care don't pay for their citizens to come to the USA and get the best health care possible?.

Because there is no need to. We trail most First World, single-payer countries in nearly every health metric there is.
I think much of that is because we are victims of our own prosperity.

Americans have gotten fat, lazy, and stupid as can be seen by looking at your average Trump voter.

Obesity has more to do with our poor showing in life expectancy than our medical care does.

Are you playing stupid or does it come naturally?

When it comes to sophism, you take the cake:

Cuba Has Better Medical Care Than the U.S. | HuffPost
Actual except: "which annually spends a miserly $185 per person on health care, has better infant and adult mortality rates than the US, and has a life expectancy nearly equal to ours." So if you are looking at the health care systems purely within the context of those rates, Cuba is better than the US. That is how they're reaching their conclusions.​

Cuba's Health Care System: a Model for the World | HuffPost
More valuable context:

With an infant mortality rate of 4.2 per thousand births, the Caribbean island is the best performer on the continent and in the Third World generally. This is also demonstrated by the quality of its health care system and the impact it has on the well-being of children and pregnant women. The infant mortality rate in Cuba is lower than it is in the United States and is among the lowest in the world. [5]

With a life expectancy of 78 years, Cuba is one of the best performers on the American continent and in the Third World, achieving results similar to those of most developed nations. On the average, Cubans live 30 years longer than their Haitian neighbors. In 2025, Cuba will have the highest proportion of its population over the age of 60 in all of Latin America. [6]

So again, looking purely at health care metrics, Cuba produces better outcomes than our system does.

Cuba Has Better Health Care than the United States? | Human Events
Again, these links show that Cuba's health care system produces better metrics than ours. If we are looking at purely metrics and nothing else, we trail Cuba and most FIrst World single-payer nations in nearly every metric there is.
which annually spends a miserly $185 per person on health care,
The most the richest Cuban can make in a day gross is $15. Make a penny more and you go to prison. So $185 is a small fortune for a Cuban.

Obesity has more to do with our poor showing in life expectancy than our medical care does.

I think access to health care is the reason we have such a poor showing in life expectancy. Obesity is a consequence of that lack of access. I think it all boils down to access.

I think access to health care is the reason we have such a poor showing in life expectancy. Obesity is a consequence of that lack of access. I think it all boils down to access.
No you get stuck on stupid.

No, pal...you're being willfully ignorant, which makes you an ignoramus.

Acess?

Once more from my Forbes link Grubber Jr.

Treatment delays were so chronic in the United Kingdom, for example, that the government had to issue a formal requirement that patients shouldn’t have to wait more than four months for treatments authorized by their general practitioner.

The Royal College of Physicians found that poor care — including doctors trying to keep costs down — caused nearly two-thirds of asthma deaths in the U.K. in 2012.

In Canada, the average patient seeking an elective medical service has to wait four-and-a-half months between being recommended for treatment by their primary care physician and actually receiving it.

Waiting for care is the norm in Canada, even though Madam Chief Justice Beverley McLachlin of the Canadian Supreme Court declared nine years ago, in a ruling holding a ban on private health insurance in Quebec illegal, “Access to a waiting list is not access to health care.”

For years the left touted the Cuban healthcare system as being superior. Yet a year after Obama allowed Americans to travel there airlines cancelled flights because the planes were always empty.Is everyone in America healthy or was the left just spewing more BS?

So this is a straw-man. Of course, medical tourism does happen...but when foreigners come to the US for health care, are they enrolling in insurance plans or are they paying cash? No one comes from, say, Belgium and enrolls in Aetna to get cancer treatment. Also, those coming to America for health care are also typically wealthy people. Conservatives want to make it out like regular, ordinary citizens come to the US for health care, and that's just not true.

How come their country's nationzied health care don't pay for their citizens to come to the USA and get the best health care possible?

Hell Cuba won't even allow their citizens to come to America! Not if they can prevent it.

But if they wanted to send their citizens for the best healthcare why would they send them to the US?

Probably because of this

No?

World | Ranking Web of Hospitals

1 Cleveland Clinic
us.png
230 5 17 11
2 St Jude Children's Research Hospital
us.png
58 3 103 37
3 Johns Hopkins Medicine
us.png
23 6 31 61
4 Mayo Clinic Scottsdale AZ
us.png
125 1 987 94
5 University of Maryland Medical Center
us.png
92 2 1262 34
6 M D Anderson Cancer Center
us.png
97 14 25 39
7 Massachusetts General Hospital
us.png
401 20 82 18
8 Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris
fr.png
96 67 10 43
9 Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
us.png
26 18 619 107
10 New York Presbyterian / Lower Manhattan

How come no Cuban hospitals listed?

So this list is great and all, however having the best hospitals doesn't mean shit if not everyone has access to them. So holding up 9 US hospitals, while trying to apply them to the standard of the whole of our US health care system, is sophism. Particularly if you are ignoring accessibility.

Are you playing stupid or does it come naturally?

When it comes to sophism, you take the cake:

Cuba Has Better Medical Care Than the U.S. | HuffPost
Actual except: "which annually spends a miserly $185 per person on health care, has better infant and adult mortality rates than the US, and has a life expectancy nearly equal to ours." So if you are looking at the health care systems purely within the context of those rates, Cuba is better than the US. That is how they're reaching their conclusions.​

Cuba's Health Care System: a Model for the World | HuffPost
More valuable context:

With an infant mortality rate of 4.2 per thousand births, the Caribbean island is the best performer on the continent and in the Third World generally. This is also demonstrated by the quality of its health care system and the impact it has on the well-being of children and pregnant women. The infant mortality rate in Cuba is lower than it is in the United States and is among the lowest in the world. [5]

With a life expectancy of 78 years, Cuba is one of the best performers on the American continent and in the Third World, achieving results similar to those of most developed nations. On the average, Cubans live 30 years longer than their Haitian neighbors. In 2025, Cuba will have the highest proportion of its population over the age of 60 in all of Latin America. [6]

So again, looking purely at health care metrics, Cuba produces better outcomes than our system does.

Cuba Has Better Health Care than the United States? | Human Events
Again, these links show that Cuba's health care system produces better metrics than ours. If we are looking at purely metrics and nothing else, we trail Cuba and most FIrst World single-payer nations in nearly every metric there is.
which annually spends a miserly $185 per person on health care,
The most the richest Cuban can make in a day gross is $15. Make a penny more and you go to prison. So $185 is a small fortune for a Cuban.
Two errors in your post.

First, there is no law against making more than $15 a day. I don't know who is filling your head with this bullshit.

Second, the $185 per capita spending does not come out of the citizens pocket, which is the whole point of single payer health care.

From the first link: One grand irony, Cuba whose economy has been bankrupt for the last decade — food shortages, drug shortages, chronic unemployment, etc. — and which annually spends a miserly $185 per person on health care, has better infant and adult mortality rates than the US, and has a life expectancy nearly equal to ours.
Yeah, Cuba is being flooded with immigrants.

From the first link: One grand irony, Cuba whose economy has been bankrupt for the last decade — food shortages, drug shortages, chronic unemployment, etc. — and which annually spends a miserly $185 per person on health care, has better infant and adult mortality rates than the US, and has a life expectancy nearly equal to ours.
Yeah, Cuba is being flooded with immigrants.
What does that have to do with the facts?

People are not flooding into Cuba for other far more obvious reasons, idiot.

Forum List

Back