Why, as a Republican mayor, I support Kamala Harris over Trump

Magnus

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2020
The time has come for my fellow Arizona Republicans to return to the core foundations of the Grand Old Party.

Our party used to stand for the belief that every Arizonan, no matter their background or circumstances, should have the freedom, opportunity and security to live out their American Dream.

But since Donald Trump refused to accept the outcome of the 2020 election, Republicans have yet to course correct. The Republican Party with Trump at its helm continues down the path of political extremism, away from focusing on our fundamental freedoms.

Now more than ever, we need leaders who will put country over party.

I believe my party has a moral and ethical responsibility to restore faith in our democratic institutions. In the spirit of the late Sen. John McCain’s motto, “Country First,” I call on other Arizona Republicans to join me in choosing country over party this election and to vote against Donald Trump.
~ Republican John Giles is the mayor of Mesa, Arizona.

There was a time when the Grand Ol' Party defined themselves as fiscal conservatives, social conservatives, and national security hawks. No longer. Increasingly it is an ego-driven party with only one platform - to advance the interest of one man and his family. Everyone else be dammed.

Last edited:
The time has come for my fellow Arizona Republicans to return to the core foundations of the Grand Old Party.

Our party used to stand for the belief that every Arizonan, no matter their background or circumstances, should have the freedom, opportunity and security to live out their American Dream.

But since Donald Trump refused to accept the outcome of the 2020 election, Republicans have yet to course correct. The Republican Party with Trump at its helm continues down the path of political extremism, away from focusing on our fundamental freedoms.

I believe my party has a moral and ethical responsibility to restore faith in our democratic institutions. In the spirit of the late Sen. John McCain’s motto, “Country First,” I call on other Arizona Republicans to join me in choosing country over party this election and to vote against Donald Trump.
~ Republican John Giles is mayor of Mesa.

There was a time when the Grand Ol' Party defined themselves as fiscal conservatives, social conservatives, and national security hawks. No longer. Increasingly it is an ego-driven party with only one platform - to advance the interest of one man and his family. Everyone else be dammed.
Sanity prevails.

Harris is endorsed by border mayors in swing-state Arizona​

Harris’ campaign said she was backed by the mayors of Bisbee, Nogales, Somerton, and San Luis, as well as by Yuma County Supervisors Martin Porchas and Tony Reyes.

The Republican Party championed free trade and fiscal discipline, though in practice it often fell short. It was welcoming of legal immigrants and refugees. Republicans argued that reforming entitlement programs was vital. Many of its leading figures insisted that moral character was an essential trait for political leaders and especially for presidents. Republicans warned, too, that a cruel, squalid political culture undermined a decent society.

Today, the Republican Party has jettisoned every one of these commitments.

So the core foundation of the GOP is supporting child molesters, and those who support child molesters? No, that is the core value of the Dem sickos, many of whom support this perv. The pervs are on this forum.

D3O53XgUgAIDq97.jpg

--JHkv.gif

Last edited:

The Republican Party championed free trade and fiscal discipline, though in practice it often fell short. It was welcoming of legal immigrants and refugees. Republicans argued that reforming entitlement programs was vital. Many of its leading figures insisted that moral character was an essential trait for political leaders and especially for presidents. Republicans warned, too, that a cruel, squalid political culture undermined a decent society.

Today, the Republican Party has jettisoned every one of these commitments.
Yup. The orange blob did more damage to the Republican party than Hillary & Bill ever did.

The party is increasingly a "Rump" party, in more ways than one.

Harris is endorsed by border mayors in swing-state Arizona​

Harris’ campaign said she was backed by the mayors of Bisbee, Nogales, Somerton, and San Luis, as well as by Yuma County Supervisors Martin Porchas and Tony Reyes.

Bu- bu- but, she failed as "Border Czar."

Trump accepted the outcome of the election so what's the problem. A republican? Give me a break. Fake republicans on the internet are a dime a dozen. You have to be a die hard Arizona democrat to accept Kamala as the "border czar". There is no freedom when there are no borders and American citizens are being raped and murdered because of the Biden/Harris border insanity.

I believe my party has a moral and ethical responsibility to restore faith in our democratic institutions. In the spirit of the late Sen. John McCain’s mottosur, “Country First,” I call on other Arizona Republicans to join me in choosing country over party this election and to vote against Donald Trump.
~ Republican John Giles is the mayor of Mesa, Arizona.

sure a lot of my fellow Mormons coming out against trump
I don't get their point

Forum List

Back