Why can't Public Assistance increase?

Just look at poor Kathryn Steinle - shot and killed in broad daylight while walking the boardwalk with her father by an illegal alien with a criminal record released by Obama. My heartbreaks for her and her family. She was so young (31 if I remember correctly) and it was completely preventable. It was the result of desperate Dumbocrats trying to win elections the dirty way.

That's so sad. Why do so many support illegal immigration? I mean i want immigrants coming here, it's what our country is all about. But we need to get back to legal immigration. That's how i feel anyway.
We have 300+ million already. WHY do we need ANY immigration? Perhaps allow in the highly educated since they could actually offer something to the nation and maybe family of other citizens BUT why do we need to keep letting in anyone who wants to come? We don't need the tired, the weary. The railroads, highways and other national projects that required masses of "dumb" labor are a thing of the past.

Oh i agree with you for the most part. We only differ slightly. I think legal immigration like you described, is healthy for a nation. We should do better checks and have more requirements on people coming here.

I mean we conduct full background checks on American Citizens every day. I don't think we're doing nearly enough of that in terms of immigration. We have to know who we're allowing in. That's why illegal immigration has to be ended. But i don't feel we need to end legal immigration.
I don't think we should end immigration entirely but put SIGNIFICANT restrictions on who we allow in & why (what they offer). Illegal immigration needs to stop entirely.

We agree 100% on ending illegal immigration immediately. And in regards to legal immigration, much more thorough background checks need to be done. I mean, we subject our own citizens to them every day. We can't just allow anyone in because they're having a hard time in their country. We need to know more about them.

And they should be required to fully disclose and prove their intentions on how they're gonna sustain themselves when or if they're allowed in. Do they have jobs lined up? Do they have a place to live? We need to require these things. Legal immigration can be great for our country. But we have to do it right.

I agree but I would like to add this... The main problem we're having today with legal immigration is failure to assimilate. When people move into your country and don't assimilate they are not immigrating they are colonizing. We are a nation of immigrants and people certainly have the right to be proud of their heritage but when you come to America you need to assimilate into American culture and society. We've somehow allowed the PC-obsessed morons to abandon this for "Press 1 for English!"

When 45 million people have someone else forcibly funding their food, they have no incentive to do anything to pay for it themselves.

It's one thing to take away incentive, but quite another to promote limitations.

We have several customers that use temp services. They do so for two reasons: one is to try out the employee for a length of time before offering them a job, and of course, the other is the fluctuation in work loads.

Some temps are there when called and work as many hours as a company needs them. Many have a limitation on hours because if they work too many hours, it interferes in their government goodies like food stamps. So they refuse to work overtime.

The bust ass temp workers are offered a job when an opening becomes available. Companies don't make that offer to those who's first concern is what they can get from the taxpayer. Many times they just get rid of that temp worker and ask the agency to give them a more worthwhile one. And I'm sure the agency is timid sending that worker to a new job.

So do these government goodies actually help people or hurt them in the long run?

I don't think we should end immigration entirely but put SIGNIFICANT restrictions on who we allow in & why (what they offer). Illegal immigration needs to stop entirely.

I see all immigration as a problem.

Until most of our people are working, we need to close off our borders to everybody. We're giving our jobs to foreigners while our people sit home collecting taxpayer benefits.

We have several customers that use temp services.

And their pay is so low they qualify for SNAP. And how is that their fault they qualify for SNAP? Evidently the employers don't care that the temp gets SNAP. They keep calling the temp agencies (according to you that is) looking to get work done at low wages. How is that the workers fault?

And their pay is so low they qualify for SNAP. And how is that their fault they qualify for SNAP? Evidently the employers don't care that the temp gets SNAP. They keep calling the temp agencies (according to you that is) looking to get work done at low wages. How is that the workers fault?

Because the worker didn't make themselves anymore valuable to an employer. That's not the employers fault, that's the individuals fault. If all you have to offer is minimum wage work, then all I have to offer is minimum wage pay.

Sure they do dude.
So how many hours of overtime do they have to work to lose their SNAP benefit?

How would I know? I was never on any government program. My only experience with such people is a family I evicted out of one of my apartments. They wanted to keep their SNAP's benefits instead of a roof over their head. So, I threw them out.

When 45 million people have someone else forcibly funding their food, they have no incentive to do anything to pay for it themselves.

It's one thing to take away incentive, but quite another to promote limitations.

We have several customers that use temp services. They do so for two reasons: one is to try out the employee for a length of time before offering them a job, and of course, the other is the fluctuation in work loads.

Some temps are there when called and work as many hours as a company needs them. Many have a limitation on hours because if they work too many hours, it interferes in their government goodies like food stamps. So they refuse to work overtime.

The bust ass temp workers are offered a job when an opening becomes available. Companies don't make that offer to those who's first concern is what they can get from the taxpayer. Many times they just get rid of that temp worker and ask the agency to give them a more worthwhile one. And I'm sure the agency is timid sending that worker to a new job.

So do these government goodies actually help people or hurt them in the long run?

Those workers that don't want to work more to earn more money because they'd lose benefits sounds like the ones in Seattle that asked employers to cut hours because the higher earning they had at the new $15/hour wage was causing them to lose handouts.

Prove that you start your employees at $23.50 hour plus benefits.

Don't listen to him. He's FOS. He doesn't have any employees. And nobody pays unskilled labor that kind of money. If they did, their competitors would put them out of business in less than a year.

That's why I asked for proof. I knew it was a lie. By the way, I've yet to see any.

Those workers that don't want to work more to earn more money because they'd lose benefits sounds like the ones in Seattle that asked employers to cut hours because the higher earning they had at the new $15/hour wage was causing them to lose handouts.

I heard about that but never dug up any stories.

I believe it though. It's quite natural for people not wanting to work for free. After all, that's what it boils down to.

If you work more hours and make an extra $50.00 a week, but lose $50.00 a week in benefits, then what's the point of working more hours?

Yet, you haven't proven that I'm wrong. Interesting.

:wtf:

You proved you are wrong

1) You didn't know that you need to pay taxes on the money you take out of your trust to live on or invest in your own portfolio

2) Oh, then you're committing fraud and paying all your bills including mortgage, property and other taxes from your trust using "debit and credit cards" because Nevada doesn't tell the feds

3) You thought your trust needed to pay you a $1 salary to not take money out. You're mixing corporations and trusts because you don't understand them

4) You don't think the CEO needs to care what the strategic direction of growing the company is, it's just a report done by grunt workers

5) You don't think your company needs management at all actually, just good workers

6) Good workers who do what to you is grunt work

7) You don't think the CEO needs to interact with customers, vendors, partners or even his own senior staff, just send e-mails and read reports

You don't know shit about companies, I proved that in spades just by keeping you talking. I'd write a strongly worded letter to MS-NBC how they set you up like a bitch

1) You didn't know that you need to pay taxes on the money you take out of your trust to live on or invest in your own portfolio

It didn't come out of a portfolio. It's a corporate expense.

2) Oh, then you're committing fraud and paying all your bills including mortgage, property and other taxes from your trust using "debit and credit cards" because Nevada doesn't tell the feds

The business of the corporation is to manage the trust. The corporation pays the taxes since the corporation actually touches the monies, not me.

3) You thought your trust needed to pay you a $1 salary to not take money out. You're mixing corporations and trusts because you don't understand them

I'm paid $1.00/yr by my company which qualifies me for benefits.

4) You don't think the CEO needs to care what the strategic direction of growing the company is, it's just a report done by grunt workers

I never wrote that. I stated that the information gathered is done by others, NOT the CEO.

5) You don't think your company needs management at all actually, just good workers

I never write that.

6) Good workers who do what to you is grunt work

?

7) You don't think the CEO needs to interact with customers, vendors, partners or even his own senior staff, just send e-mails and read reports

I never wrote I don't interact. I travel about two weeks per month. I don't tend to day-to-day operations, that's why I have a COO/CFO, besides, it's 2016, every Monday morning at 7:00am we have a Skype conference.

Your personal expenses are NOT company expenses. Sure, you can write off a few things, autos, computers, that kind of thing. But not your personal expenses. Your trust cannot pay your personal bills for you and not report it as income. You are such an awful liar, according to you, you're committing major tax fraud on that Nevada isn't going to report you.

No CPA, attorney or trustee would do for you what you claim because they would go to jail too and no one is going to jail for you. According to your own story, you're in jail, that's why you don't work.

You are so full of shit, it's comic.

If I believe your story, you're a criminal tax cheat. Your professional staff are breaching their code of ethics. You're able to put all your expenses in your life on credit and debit cards. And it's all based on that Nevada doesn't report tax cheats to the feds so you're in the clear. Yeah. You're getting skinned alive. There's a point you just need to say you give, we're at that point

Yet you haven't shown how a trust managed by a corporation is cheating. The IRS rule is if you touch the trust monies you owe taxes. I never touch trust funds.

The corporation does pay federal tax, $180,000.00 on $4.5M, or 4%. Which is why the rich and wealthy ALWAYS funnel monies through corporations.

You're the one who said a corporation owned by a trust is cheating, dumb ass. Why would I want to show that? I don't think anything is wrong with it.

You're going in circles. The question was how you live. You said you write off all your costs of living as corporate expenses. Which again shows what a liar you are. You can't do that and no professional lawyers, accountants and trust managers are letting you. We covered this, liar

You're the one who said a corporation owned by a trust is cheating, dumb ass.

Where did I write that?

I heard about that but never dug up any stories.

I believe it though. It's quite natural for people not wanting to work for free. After all, that's what it boils down to.

If you work more hours and make an extra $50.00 a week, but lose $50.00 a week in benefits, then what's the point of working more hours?

One of the workers doing so, Justine Decker, indicated that working full time instead of part time would cause her to make enough to a point where it would affect her housing and daycare subsidies. I thought the argument was that making more meant they could now provide for themselves. Seems they simply wanted to be as the same bottom line only having to work fewer hours for the same pay while still receiving the same amount of benefits. IOW, they really didn't want to support themselves and were more concerned about losing freebies.

How are the Republican efforts of keeping worker salaries low a benefit to workers?

Sorry but I don't recall the Republican sponsored "Keep Worker's Salaries Low Bill" do you have a number or something I can look up?

Salaries are low primarily because we have 12 million illegal aliens in the country providing a source of cheap labor. Other reasons are related to the 2,000 regulations per year being churned out by Obama-led Democrats in congress which force capitalists to cut any corners they can to stay in business. Workers are lucky to even have jobs.

You keep complaining about wages not keeping up with costs but we've been chasing your liberal progressive pipe dream of a "living wage" for over 82 years with the minimum wage. Now, if you are the corporatist fat cat you claim to be, you understand why corporatists LOVE the minimum wage... it allows you to baseline labor costs. Rather than having to negotiate individually on the basis of what a man brings to the table, you can blow him off with "company policy" to pay based on the minimum wage. This has saved you trillions over the years in wage negotiations. Just toss them a dollar or so every now and then so you can say you're doing something.

Not raising the minimum wage is keeping workers wages low.

Not blocking inversion is keeping workers wages low.

Since wages haven't kept par with costs, the NEED for public assistance has increased.

Wage disparity is due to Americans finding their dream and wanting more than their dream is worth. During the Visa card economy of W., investors received record returns which they still want to receive, but the Visa card is maxed out, so companies take the easy way out and off-shore to slave workers.

I believe that CEO's have a responsibility to their companies and society and a whole. I talk-the-talk AND walk-the-walk by staring my employees at $23.50/hr plus benefits. None of my employees are a burden to society. Can Walmart say the same?

You're paying a lot of money to people just to cut grass. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

No, CEO's don't have any obligation to society. See, this is how we know you are a fake. Until "society" makes the paycheck of a CEO, then his or her only obligation is solely to their company, and that means maximum profits.

It's not the CEO's job (nor anybody) to keep par with costs. That's up to the individual. If you're not making enough money, then get a better paying job, work a lot of overtime, and if that's not an option, get a second job on the weekends. Years ago, that's what we used to do all the time.

Many industries are doing without labor thanks to our social programs. My industry alone needs thousands of workers they can't find. The construction industry is another. And as I travel through industrial complexes, they are littered with HELP WANTED signs.

A man will not go out into the wilderness to hunt food if you bring him food to his doorstep every day. And because that's what our government does, wage disparity makes perfect sense, especially when you have over 1/3 of our working population not working nor looking for a job.

I believe that a business owner has a moral obligation to pay their employees (that make them all of their monies) high enough where the employee doesn't become a burden on society.

If Republicans would have put as much effort to help the middle class as Obama we'd not be writing of this.

And what effort by DumBama might that be, bringing in all these foreigners to take our jobs and keep our wages down?

That would be Sheriff Joe not arresting employers because they fund his election campaigns. Obama has deported more illegals than any President, EVER, so your point is a lie.

Since when does stopping them at the border mean deportation?

The deportations are from illegals arrested on US soil.

Care to comment on the failure of Sheriff Joe?

The DHS admitted that those being claimed by the Obama administration as deportations were really apprehensions at the border that would not have been counted as deportations under other Presidents.

You continue to believe a lie because you want to believe it.

They were caught on US soil? Thank you.

If I'm wrong than prove it, don't bloviate about it.
I do not have to prove that there are not sextillions of dollars in investments. The entire world is worth hundreds of trillions of dollars, not anywhere close to sextillions. The fact that you are unclear about that tells me you know diddly squat about business, money, or much of anything else. You are quite safely mocked and ignored.

Here ya go.

Here’s all the money in the world, in one chart
From your link: "There is $1.2 quadrillion invested in derivatives alone." I don't know where you took math, but in my world, quadrillions is nowhere close to "billions of trillions".

Derivatives are only one investment. Doesn't really matter as I've made my point.
Which is that you use emotional, not precise, language when talking about something with which you should be extremely familiar.

Derivatives ARE only one investment.

And what effort by DumBama might that be, bringing in all these foreigners to take our jobs and keep our wages down?

That would be Sheriff Joe not arresting employers because they fund his election campaigns. Obama has deported more illegals than any President, EVER, so your point is a lie.

Since when does stopping them at the border mean deportation?

The deportations are from illegals arrested on US soil.

Care to comment on the failure of Sheriff Joe?

The DHS admitted that those being claimed by the Obama administration as deportations were really apprehensions at the border that would not have been counted as deportations under other Presidents.

You continue to believe a lie because you want to believe it.

They were caught on US soil? Thank you.

Still not a deportation. Different process.

If Republicans would have put as much effort to help the middle class as Obama we'd not be writing of this.
If Democrats hadn't set out to destroy the middle class and get them onto the government plantation - the Republican's efforts wouldn't be needed.

How are the Republican efforts of keeping worker salaries low a benefit to workers?
There is no such efforts by Republican's. There is only efforts by the Dumbocrats to drive jobs overseas by implementing the highest corporate tax rate, the most costly regulations, and the most costly labor laws. It is so much cheaper to manufacture overseas so that's where all of the jobs go.

The US has the 16th lowest effective corporate tax rates.

Based on totals, business pays less percentage of total than you.

I work with a number of regulations and none are costly.

Companies look to other countries for labor because slave labor isn't illegal.

Consumers look to cheaper products because they don't have money more expensive better products.

Forum List

Back