Why can't Public Assistance increase?

Since wages haven't kept par with costs, the NEED for public assistance has increased.

Wage disparity is due to Americans finding their dream and wanting more than their dream is worth. During the Visa card economy of W., investors received record returns which they still want to receive, but the Visa card is maxed out, so companies take the easy way out and off-shore to slave workers.

I believe that CEO's have a responsibility to their companies and society and a whole. I talk-the-talk AND walk-the-walk by staring my employees at $23.50/hr plus benefits. None of my employees are a burden to society. Can Walmart say the same?

You're paying a lot of money to people just to cut grass. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

No, CEO's don't have any obligation to society. See, this is how we know you are a fake. Until "society" makes the paycheck of a CEO, then his or her only obligation is solely to their company, and that means maximum profits.

It's not the CEO's job (nor anybody) to keep par with costs. That's up to the individual. If you're not making enough money, then get a better paying job, work a lot of overtime, and if that's not an option, get a second job on the weekends. Years ago, that's what we used to do all the time.

Many industries are doing without labor thanks to our social programs. My industry alone needs thousands of workers they can't find. The construction industry is another. And as I travel through industrial complexes, they are littered with HELP WANTED signs.

A man will not go out into the wilderness to hunt food if you bring him food to his doorstep every day. And because that's what our government does, wage disparity makes perfect sense, especially when you have over 1/3 of our working population not working nor looking for a job.

If Republicans would have put as much effort to help the middle class as Obama we'd not be writing of this.

And what effort by DumBama might that be, bringing in all these foreigners to take our jobs and keep our wages down?

That would be Sheriff Joe not arresting employers because they fund his election campaigns. Obama has deported more illegals than any President, EVER, so your point is a lie.

Since when does stopping them at the border mean deportation?

The deportations are from illegals arrested on US soil.

Care to comment on the failure of Sheriff Joe?

The DHS admitted that those being claimed by the Obama administration as deportations were really apprehensions at the border that would not have been counted as deportations under other Presidents.

You continue to believe a lie because you want to believe it.

Now I know you're full of it. There are not sextillions of dollars just in investments.

If I'm wrong than prove it, don't bloviate about it.
I do not have to prove that there are not sextillions of dollars in investments. The entire world is worth hundreds of trillions of dollars, not anywhere close to sextillions. The fact that you are unclear about that tells me you know diddly squat about business, money, or much of anything else. You are quite safely mocked and ignored.

Here ya go.

Here’s all the money in the world, in one chart
From your link: "There is $1.2 quadrillion invested in derivatives alone." I don't know where you took math, but in my world, quadrillions is nowhere close to "billions of trillions".

Derivatives are only one investment. Doesn't really matter as I've made my point.
Which is that you use emotional, not precise, language when talking about something with which you should be extremely familiar.

If Republicans would have put as much effort to help the middle class as Obama we'd not be writing of this.
If Democrats hadn't set out to destroy the middle class and get them onto the government plantation - the Republican's efforts wouldn't be needed.

How are the Republican efforts of keeping worker salaries low a benefit to workers?
There is no such efforts by Republican's. There is only efforts by the Dumbocrats to drive jobs overseas by implementing the highest corporate tax rate, the most costly regulations, and the most costly labor laws. It is so much cheaper to manufacture overseas so that's where all of the jobs go.

Over the last 45 years EVERY tax loophole that has benefited the rich/wealthy was from a Republican administration or majority in Congress.

Hey genius - Republican's have proposed a slew of tax reforms and it is the Dumbocrats who have blocked them all. The best proposal by conservatives is the Flat Tax - a simple percentage across the board and the elimination of all tax deductions.

So why wouldn't Dumbocrats agree to that? Because they need an extremely complicated tax code as it allows them to hide additional taxes. And greedy Dumbocrats are all about additional taxes.

Obama has deported more illegals than any President, EVER, so your point is a lie.

He's doing a real bang up job. Would you like to try a new lie?

The U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency in 2015 decided not to deport but release 19,723 criminal illegal immigrants, including 208 convicted of murder, over 900 convicted of sex crimes and 12,307 of drunk driving, according to new government numbers.

ICE releases 19,723 criminal illegals, 208 convicted of murder, 900 of sex crimes

Obama has deported more illegals than any President, EVER, so your point is a lie.

The U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency in 2015 decided not to deport but release 19,723 criminal illegal immigrants, including 208 convicted of murder, over 900 convicted of sex crimes and 12,307 of drunk driving, according to new government numbers.

ICE releases 19,723 criminal illegals, 208 convicted of murder, 900 of sex crimes

That's scary.

That's scary.
Just look at poor Kathryn Steinle - shot and killed in broad daylight while walking the boardwalk with her father by an illegal alien with a criminal record released by Obama. My heartbreaks for her and her family. She was so young (31 if I remember correctly) and it was completely preventable. It was the result of desperate Dumbocrats trying to win elections the dirty way.

That's scary.
Just look at poor Kathryn Steinle - shot and killed in broad daylight while walking the boardwalk with her father by an illegal alien with a criminal record released by Obama. My heartbreaks for her and her family. She was so young (31 if I remember correctly) and it was completely preventable. It was the result of desperate Dumbocrats trying to win elections the dirty way.

That's so sad. Why do so many support illegal immigration? I mean i want immigrants coming here, it's what our country is all about. But we need to get back to legal immigration. That's how i feel anyway.

That's scary.

That's so sad. Why do so many support illegal immigration? I mean i want immigrants coming here, it's what our country is all about. But we need to get back to legal immigration. That's how i feel anyway.
Well that's the most ridiculous part of the entire thing. We're the one country in the world that accepts immigration. So there is absolutely no excuse for breaking into this country.

Just think what "progressives" could do if they pooled all their money for all their causes.....

The utopia it would be......

Oh wait, its other folks $$$ they require for their wretched schemes.....

They know whats best for us..... Lmfao

That's scary.

We have 300+ million already. WHY do we need ANY immigration? Perhaps allow in the highly educated since they could actually offer something to the nation and maybe family of other citizens BUT why do we need to keep letting in anyone who wants to come? We don't need the tired, the weary. The railroads, highways and other national projects that required masses of "dumb" labor are a thing of the past.

That's scary.

We have 300+ million already. WHY do we need ANY immigration? Perhaps allow in the highly educated since they could actually offer something to the nation and maybe family of other citizens BUT why do we need to keep letting in anyone who wants to come? We don't need the tired, the weary. The railroads, highways and other national projects that required masses of "dumb" labor are a thing of the past.

Oh i agree with you for the most part. We only differ slightly. I think legal immigration like you described, is healthy for a nation. We should do better checks and have more requirements on people coming here.

I mean we conduct full background checks on American Citizens every day. I don't think we're doing nearly enough of that in terms of immigration. We have to know who we're allowing in. That's why illegal immigration has to be ended. But i don't feel we need to end legal immigration.

That's scary.

Oh i agree with you for the most part. We only differ slightly. I think legal immigration like you described, is healthy for a nation. We should do better checks and have more requirements on people coming here.

I mean we conduct full background checks on American Citizens every day. I don't think we're doing nearly enough of that in terms of immigration. We have to know who we're allowing in. That's why illegal immigration has to be ended. But i don't feel we need to end legal immigration.
I don't think we should end immigration entirely but put SIGNIFICANT restrictions on who we allow in & why (what they offer). Illegal immigration needs to stop entirely.

That's scary.

I don't think we should end immigration entirely but put SIGNIFICANT restrictions on who we allow in & why (what they offer). Illegal immigration needs to stop entirely.

We agree 100% on ending illegal immigration immediately. And in regards to legal immigration, much more thorough background checks need to be done. I mean, we subject our own citizens to them every day. We can't just allow anyone in because they're having a hard time in their country. We need to know more about them.

And they should be required to fully disclose and prove their intentions on how they're gonna sustain themselves when or if they're allowed in. Do they have jobs lined up? Do they have a place to live? We need to require these things. Legal immigration can be great for our country. But we have to do it right.

You're wrong. Greedy CEO's are the reason we need public assistance AND are the reason we have wage disparity.

We don't "need" public assistance, we have public assistance. Big difference.

Wage disparity is due to more Americans finding their dream. We make a new millionaire every day in this country just with lotteries alone. With more things to buy than ever before, those who provide goods and services deserve what they earned.

CEO's have control over the company they work for and not society. CEO's don't provide social programs--Democrats provide social programs.

Since wages haven't kept par with costs, the NEED for public assistance has increased.

Wage disparity is due to Americans finding their dream and wanting more than their dream is worth. During the Visa card economy of W., investors received record returns which they still want to receive, but the Visa card is maxed out, so companies take the easy way out and off-shore to slave workers.

I believe that CEO's have a responsibility to their companies and society and a whole. I talk-the-talk AND walk-the-walk by staring my employees at $23.50/hr plus benefits. None of my employees are a burden to society. Can Walmart say the same?

Since the skills to do minimum wage jobs today are the same as they were 50 years ago, wages don't go up when skills don't.

Wage disparity is due to a disparity in skills. If someone spends thousands of hours bettering themselves, they should receive thousands of time more than someone doing a job that requires the skills most 8 year old children do as part of their chores at home.

Prove that you start your employees at $23.50 hour plus benefits.

Many places start their employees at $23/50/hour or more when the skills being offered are worth it.

Walmart isn't a burden on society. Those working there that offer skills a monkey can be trained to do are because they offer low skills.

You're paying a lot of money to people just to cut grass. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

No, CEO's don't have any obligation to society. See, this is how we know you are a fake. Until "society" makes the paycheck of a CEO, then his or her only obligation is solely to their company, and that means maximum profits.

It's not the CEO's job (nor anybody) to keep par with costs. That's up to the individual. If you're not making enough money, then get a better paying job, work a lot of overtime, and if that's not an option, get a second job on the weekends. Years ago, that's what we used to do all the time.

Many industries are doing without labor thanks to our social programs. My industry alone needs thousands of workers they can't find. The construction industry is another. And as I travel through industrial complexes, they are littered with HELP WANTED signs.

A man will not go out into the wilderness to hunt food if you bring him food to his doorstep every day. And because that's what our government does, wage disparity makes perfect sense, especially when you have over 1/3 of our working population not working nor looking for a job.

When 45 million people have someone else forcibly funding their food, they have no incentive to do anything to pay for it themselves.

Unlike OnePercenter says, CEO's don't have an obligation to society. The only thing a business is obliged to do is pay someone for the work they do at a level the one doing the paying believes the skills required to do that work are worth.

That's scary.

I tend to agree with you GMU. I've said what the U.S. should start doing is assisting other nations in building new America's. Start with Mexico. Root out corruption, the drug cartels, etc. so that the citizens of these nations don't need to come here.

As far as the cost - we can bill them later when they get on their feet.

Forum List

Back