Why Conservative Is Simply Better....

Wow!

Look at five Liberal Roosevelt-groupies screech, howl, and fume over the truth being revealed!!!

And pouring more truth-gasoline on this fire is my guilty pleasure.

How about some more?

"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work."

And FDR's Treasury Secretary also told Congress:

"I say after eight years of this Administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started. ... And an enormous debt to boot!"

Morgenthau made thisā€œstartling confession,ā€ as historian Burton W. Folsom Jr. calls it, during the seventh year of FDRā€™s New Deal programs to combat the rampant unemployment of the Great Depression.

ā€œIn these words, Morgenthau summarized a decade of disaster, especially during the years Roosevelt was in power. Indeed average unemployment for the whole year in 1939 would be higher than that in 1931, the year before Roosevelt captured the presidency from Herbert Hoover,ā€Folsom writes in his new book, ā€œNew Deal or Raw Deal?: How FDRā€™s Economic Legacy Has Damaged America.ā€

clip_image001.jpg
ndchart.JPG

Indeed, with those words, Morgenthau confessed what so many keepers of FDRā€™s flame wonā€™t admit today: The New Deal was failed public policy. Massive spending on public works programs didnā€™t erase historic unemployment. It didnā€™t produce a recovery.

Some of the most desperate defenders of New Deal doctrine are getting a little shrill about this hard truth. Itā€™s an important truth, nevertheless, especially because the same characters insist that Barack Obama must push through a ā€œboldā€ economic stimulus that depends on hundreds of billions in new government spending to create or ā€œsaveā€ jobs.

Budget and financial experts here at The Heritage Foundation are among cooler heads cautioning that President Obama ought not to repeat President Rooseveltā€™s mistakes. In one such effort, Heritage last week distributeda chart showing that FDRā€™s programs didnā€™t succeed in pushing unemployment below 20 percent.
'We're Spending More Than Ever and It Doesn't Work'

the most desperate defenders of New Deal doctrine are getting a little shrill ...

Morgenthau confessed what so many keepers of FDRā€™s flame wonā€™t admit today...
average unemployment for the whole year in 1939 would be higher than that in 1931

FDR made it worse, and never.....never.....accomplished his goals!!!

For the life of me Political Chic I can't understand how Conservatives could ever think they have been correct about economic theory when most of the time they moderate from a position of failure. The economy during the first four years of FDR's administration did quite well and only was interrupted in 1937 when he slashed spending trying to balance the budget while wrongly thinking the economy was well enough to sustain itself. Even then, GDP did not drop and was strong throughout the recovery. When FDR realized what was happening he reversed course and GDP soared by 10.9% in 1939 and industrial production was up by 23%. You might pay attention to the garbage you're getting your sourcing from, it looks like typical conservative tripe not worth the paper it's written on.

"I can't understand how Conservatives could ever think they have been correct about economic theory when most of the time they moderate from a position of failure."

Lots of things you can't understand...
Watch me make you eat those words.

1. "Henry Morgenthau, Jr. (/ĖˆmɔrɔənĪøɔĖ/; May 11, 1891 ā€“ February 6, 1967) was the U.S. Secretary of the Treasury during the administration of Franklin D. Roosevelt. He played a major role in designing and financing the New Deal."
Henry Morgenthau, Jr. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

2. Don't take my word for the ineptitude, here is Roosevelt BFF, secretary of the treasury, expert on finance and compendium of statistics on the economy of the 1930's:

"ā€œWe have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before andit does not work.And I have just one interest, and if I am wrongā€¦somebody else can have my job. I want to see this country prosperous. I want to see people get a job. I want to see people get enough to eat. We have never made good on our promisesā€¦I say after eight years of this administration we have just as much unemployment as when we startedā€¦And an enormous debt to boot!ā€
Morgenthau Diary, May 9, 1939, Franklin Roosevelt Presidential Library

a. In 1935, the Brookings Institution (left-leaning) delivered a 900-page report on the New Deal and the National Recovery Administration, concluding that ā€œon the whole it retarded recovery.ā€
article - AEI

How ya' like them apples, boyyyyyeeeeeeee????

I thought the part you cut out was really cute: ."We have never begun to tax the people in this country the way they should be.... I don't pay what I should. People of my class don't. People who have it should pay.... After eight years of this administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started...and an enormous debt to boot!"[8]

So Mr. Stupid was going to fix one mistake with another.

How does this part of his quote have any bearing on what he said before ?

Simple answer bozo, if you conceal the substance of a quote what else are you hiding? Further, that quote was used to project a false assumption across all wingnuttia, so using it as a authoritative source just makes you equal to drool.

Wow!

Look at five Liberal Roosevelt-groupies screech, howl, and fume over the truth being revealed!!!

And pouring more truth-gasoline on this fire is my guilty pleasure.

How about some more?

"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work."

And FDR's Treasury Secretary also told Congress:

"I say after eight years of this Administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started. ... And an enormous debt to boot!"

Morgenthau made thisā€œstartling confession,ā€ as historian Burton W. Folsom Jr. calls it, during the seventh year of FDRā€™s New Deal programs to combat the rampant unemployment of the Great Depression.

ā€œIn these words, Morgenthau summarized a decade of disaster, especially during the years Roosevelt was in power. Indeed average unemployment for the whole year in 1939 would be higher than that in 1931, the year before Roosevelt captured the presidency from Herbert Hoover,ā€Folsom writes in his new book, ā€œNew Deal or Raw Deal?: How FDRā€™s Economic Legacy Has Damaged America.ā€

clip_image001.jpg
ndchart.JPG

Indeed, with those words, Morgenthau confessed what so many keepers of FDRā€™s flame wonā€™t admit today: The New Deal was failed public policy. Massive spending on public works programs didnā€™t erase historic unemployment. It didnā€™t produce a recovery.

Some of the most desperate defenders of New Deal doctrine are getting a little shrill about this hard truth. Itā€™s an important truth, nevertheless, especially because the same characters insist that Barack Obama must push through a ā€œboldā€ economic stimulus that depends on hundreds of billions in new government spending to create or ā€œsaveā€ jobs.

Budget and financial experts here at The Heritage Foundation are among cooler heads cautioning that President Obama ought not to repeat President Rooseveltā€™s mistakes. In one such effort, Heritage last week distributeda chart showing that FDRā€™s programs didnā€™t succeed in pushing unemployment below 20 percent.
'We're Spending More Than Ever and It Doesn't Work'

the most desperate defenders of New Deal doctrine are getting a little shrill ...

Morgenthau confessed what so many keepers of FDRā€™s flame wonā€™t admit today...
average unemployment for the whole year in 1939 would be higher than that in 1931

FDR made it worse, and never.....never.....accomplished his goals!!!

For the life of me Political Chic I can't understand how Conservatives could ever think they have been correct about economic theory when most of the time they moderate from a position of failure. The economy during the first four years of FDR's administration did quite well and only was interrupted in 1937 when he slashed spending trying to balance the budget while wrongly thinking the economy was well enough to sustain itself. Even then, GDP did not drop and was strong throughout the recovery. When FDR realized what was happening he reversed course and GDP soared by 10.9% in 1939 and industrial production was up by 23%. You might pay attention to the garbage you're getting your sourcing from, it looks like typical conservative tripe not worth the paper it's written on.

"I can't understand how Conservatives could ever think they have been correct about economic theory when most of the time they moderate from a position of failure."

1. "Henry Morgenthau, Jr. (/ĖˆmɔrɔənĪøɔĖ/; May 11, 1891 ā€“ February 6, 1967) was the U.S. Secretary of the Treasury during the administration of Franklin D. Roosevelt. He played a major role in designing and financing the New Deal."

2. Don't take my word for the ineptitude, here is Roosevelt BFF, secretary of the treasury, expert on finance and compendium of statistics on the economy of the 1930's:

"ā€œWe have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before andit does not work.And I have just one interest, and if I am wrongā€¦somebody else can have my job. I want to see this country prosperous. I want to see people get a job. I want to see people get enough to eat. We have never made good on our promisesā€¦I say after eight years of this administration we have just as much unemployment as when we startedā€¦And an enormous debt to boot!ā€

a. In 1935, the Brookings Institution (left-leaning) delivered a 900-page report on the New Deal and the National Recovery Administration, concluding that ā€œon the whole it retarded recovery.ā€
article - AEI

I thought the part you cut out was really cute: ."We have never begun to tax the people in this country the way they should be.... I don't pay what I should. People of my class don't. People who have it should pay.... After eight years of this administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started...and an enormous debt to boot!"[8]

Simple answer bozo, if you conceal the substance of a quote what else are you hiding? Further, that quote was used to project a false assumption across all wingnuttia, so using it as a authoritative source just makes you equal to drool.

Sorry braindead......there is nothing in that quote that dilutes his claim that FDR's program didn't get them anywhere.

Nice try though.....

There is no false assumption....you need to spend more time looking up "technical terms" so that your efforts to look worthy of toilet paper won't come off so poorly.

It is an authoritative source.

I think you and Hillary may share something:

Karl Rove Suggests Hillary Clinton May Have Brain Damage

article - AEI

Sorry braindead......there is nothing in that quote that dilutes his claim that FDR's program didn't get them anywhere.

Nice try though.....

There is no false assumption....you need to spend more time looking up "technical terms" so that your efforts to look worthy of toilet paper won't come off so poorly.

Are you stupid ?

Simply, if you exclude to make your point stronger then you have a weak argument to begin with. Did anyone ever tell you that waiting for you to say something intelligent is like placing a candle in the window for Jimmy Hoffa.

article - AEI

Nice try though.....

Are you stupid ?

Simply, if you exclude to make your point stronger then you have a weak argument to begin with. Did anyone ever tell you that waiting for you to say something intelligent is like placing a candle in the window for Jimmy Hoffa.

It was a separate quote in the article that was a proposed cure for the ill.

It does nothing to dilute his first statement.

There is no weak argument...she was simply quoting someone who had gone sour on the situation.

I can't help that your mother won't change your diaper.

Nice try though.....

Are you stupid ?

There is no weak argument...she was simply quoting someone who had gone sour on the situation.

You can make up all the false and misleading excuses that make your heart sing, but it doesn't change the fact that if you want to be taken seriously then your attempts to convince by argument must be sincere and authentic. Given that they are not, makes you equal to someone who parks in a handicapped spot without medical authority. Someone should hand you a copy of Sun Tzu for Dummies so you can catch up.

Remember when Obama was totally against the Brutal Sequester spending cuts?

You mean he thought the GOP wasn't batsh*t crazy? AND?

#Obamaquester? They were for it before they were against it

Is the GOP attempting to rewrite history on the sequester? It certainly seems that way.

...The aim of the sequester was to make it an enforcement tool, equally painful for both Dems and the GOP. Big cuts in defense spending would terrify the right. Meanwhile, the prospect of cuts to government programs like education, childcare and the environment would pressure Dems to make a deal. Or so the thinking went.

The law that set the table for the sequester passed the House 269-161, with more Republicans voting in favor than against. In fact, 174 GOPers greenlighted it, compared to 66 who shot it down. On the left, 95 Dems voted for it and 95 voted against it. It passed in the Senate, 74-26. Of the 74 yes votes, 28 were from GOPers.

But, implausibly, today many Republicans are trying to pin the blame on Obama and the Demsā€”even though they voted for the sequester in the first place.

Several GOPers have even gone as far to create the hashtag #Obamaquester in effort to blame the commander-in-chief. White House Press Secretary Jay Carney has accused Republicans of ā€œamnesiaā€ over the bill many GOPers once supported. Surprisingly, even Rep Justin Amash, R-Mich., has said itā€™s a mistake by Republicans to lay fault at Obamaā€™s feet.

ā€œItā€™s totally disingenuous,ā€ he told Buzzfeed. ā€œThe debt ceiling deal in 2011 was agreed to by Republicans and Democrats. And regardless of who came up with the sequester, they all voted for it.ā€

#Obamaquester? They were for it before they were against it

Obama: Sequester 'meat cleaver' will hurt economy

"President Obama warned Tuesday about the "brutal" consequences of $85 billion in "meat cleaver" budget cuts set to take effect March 1..."

Obama Fluffers gotta fluff

More of your lies. Unemployment peaked in Roosevelt's first year. EVERYTHING got better from then on.

1. Arthur Schlesinger, Jr., liberal New Deal historian wrote in The National Experience, in 1963, ā€œThough the policies of the Hundred Days had ended despair, they had not produce recoveryā€¦ā€ He also wrote honestly about the devastating crash of 1937- in the midst of the ā€œsecond New Dealā€ and Rooseveltā€™s second term. ā€œThe collapse in the months after September 1937 was actually more severe than it had been in the first nine months of the depression: national income fell 13 %, payrolls 35 %, durable goods production 50 %, profits 78% .

96612f1509.gif

Now you tell us how 1937 was worse than 32 or 33.

I guess she won't be showing us this anytime soon.

btw, for anyone relatively new around here, this is about the 10th time PoliticalChic has run in this 'argument' of hers,
every time with the same old worn out propaganda, and she's lost the argument every time.

Not to you.

YOU going to prove her posit then dummy?

96612f1509.gif

Your chart shows that FDR Averages 20% Unemployment over his entire first 2 terms and has Hitlers conquest of France to thank for ending the FDR Depression

Political Chic is willfully using lying propaganda to support her claims. Her claims are trash and educated people will turn their heads when she is around. Who can seriously take her word as truth in the future? You need to refute your claim and withdraw your assertion or provide honest sourcing to support your claim now.

The excuses of a lying low-life Liberal.

Need more?

Sure:

Now, listen, I've listened to this Harry - now this thing has been tried for seven successive years, and we' ve still got twelve million unemployed. I want to point out - you're all Just as much interested in Mr. Roosevelt as I am - before you launch this thing, I think you're opening yourselves to an attack that we' ve had seven years of deficits, seven years of increasing the thing, and we're just where we were seven years ago."

Morgenthau, 1939

http://www.fdrlibrary.marist.edu/_resources/images/morg/md0241.pdf

page 64

I'm never wrong, and I never lie.
I'm not a Liberal.
No matter how many times your distortion of the Morganthau quote is explained you continue to use it in that distorted and misrepresented way.
There were two distinctive ways to assess the depression. Through the eyes of industry and business and through the eyes of the masses of working people and humanist.
Morganthau's priority was for the industry and business view. FDR, the guy in charge, prioritized the humanist view. He did not mind seeing industry and business lag behind as long as his programs were giving workers jobs and feeding families. That kept Morganthau stressed as he was under constant pressure from industry and business for corporate bail outs. FDR believed in bailing out people instead of corporations.
The debt and funding that Morganthau was so upset and concerned about were the loans made by the feds to every state for construction projects. The loans were based on federal owned gold used as collateral. People like Morganthau considered these loans to be gambling schemes and believed the loans would never be paid back. He and corporate and conservative America viewed the loans as endless money pits of welfare and relief that would never be paid back or give lasting benefit to the economy. Every loan was in fact paid back in full. The gamble paid off with reduced unemployment and infrastructure, much of which is still being used 80 years after it was built and Morganthau was proved wrong. Turned out to be a hell of an investment for the USA and the individual states.

1. Now, listen, I've listened to this Harry - now this thing has been tried for seven successive years, and we ' ve still got twelve million unemployed.
I want to point out - you're all Just as much interested in Mr. Roosevelt as I am - before you launch this thing, I think you're opening yourselves to an attack that we' ve had seven years of deficits, seven years of increasing the thing, and we're just where we were seven years ago."
Morgenthau, 1939
page 64

2. "We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work. And I have just one interest, and if I am wrong ā€¦ somebody else can have my job. I want to see this country prosperous. I want to see people get a job. I want to see people get enough to eat. We have never made good on our promises. ā€¦ I say after eight years of this Administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started. ā€¦ And an enormous debt to boot."
Morgenthau, Henry, Jr. (May 9, 1939).Henry Morgenthau Diary, Microfilm Roll #50(PDF, 1.9 MB).

Now....what sort of lying imbecile would deny that Henry Morgenthau was indicting the Roosevelt dictatorship as an abject failure?

Oh....your sort of lying imbecile.

Got it.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Ava

Nice try though.....

Are you stupid ?

You can make up all the false and misleading excuses that make your heart sing, but it doesn't change the fact that if you want to be taken seriously then your attempts to convince by argument must be sincere and authentic. Given that they are not, makes you equal to someone who parks in a handicapped spot without medical authority. Someone should hand you a copy of Sun Tzu for Dummies so you can catch up.

There is nothing misleading at all here.

And I really don't know that you can take anything seriously or any other way. Given that your latest EEG is probably a flat line, your evaluation of PC's argument lies somewhere above an Obama promise and below a used piece of toilet paper.

BTW: When I need your lectures I'll ask for them. Until then, maybe you can learn something about thinking from your cat.

Morgenthal quote when run thru the Prog Context Filter, "Obama's the greatest!"
His name was Morgenthau Frank, not Morganthal. The topic of his quote had nothing to do with today and Obama. He was discussing using government guaranteed loans and federally financed jobs programs in 1939. Nothing was wrong with his ideas and concepts. They just weren't compatible with FDR's programs at the time. You are obsessed.

Time to link Roosevelt and Obama as economic failures, and destroy you again!

"Liberals argue that Roosevelt's stimulus was not big enough and it took World War II to finally end the Great Depression. However, Obama's most out-spoken economist lets the truth slip: The Great Depression ended partly because Adolf Hitler drove wealth out of Europe and into the United States. As European war loomed in 1938 and 1939, genuine increases in real investments flowing from Europe fundamentallygrew the economy. This was real money invested in the country, not government manipulation.

Christina D. Romer is Obama's most eager cheerleader for the Keynesian madness. But she cannot avoid giving away the store in the process. Romer was Chair of President Obama's Council of Economic Advisers, and an economics professor at the University of California, Berkeley.

Romer reluctantly lets the cat out of the bag. It was not World War II deficit spending but the military draft removing nearly 10 million men from the work force. Nearly 10 million jobs needed to be back-filled. Romer also reluctantly concedes that economic participation was driven by national survival. In a recession, consumers pull back on spending out of fear and limited funds, while businesses wait for the economy to improve. But when Japan bombed Pearl Harbor, and Germany declared war under their defense pact, national output soared out of patriotism. After the war, many of America's global competitors had been laid waste while the USA was untouched.

Economic historian Robert Higgs offers a detailed analysis in hisbookDepression, War and Cold War of how Roosevelt's New Deal made the Great Depression longer and worse and how government deficit spending during World War II did not cure the Great Depression. Higgs notes that Roosevelt stimulated manufacturing with some policies that are today Republican proposals: Tax deferrals, contractual incentives, and capital and guarantees to convert their factors to defense manufacturing.

Economic growth is harmed by liberal meddling and government disruption of the private sector."
Articles: The Madness of Keynesian Economics

• Thanks
Those who do not learn history are probably voting for Democrats

e60964d5e95d5877e812df530a77549df062583f9d263629a587dc8704f9472e_1.jpg

Clinton raised the national debt by 41%.

Obama raised it to the sky.
Hardly, as the sky is not a physical limitation...

How come you ignored "Clinton raised the national debt 41%"?

How come YOU ignored the fact that reagan raised the NATIONAL DEBT 186% from 1 trillion to 2.86 trillion AND BUSH I raised it again by another 1.55 trillion. Clinton paid down the debt by 400 billion and change then along came Bush ll and raised it again. If all the republican presidents had balanced their budgets today's debt would be MUCH lower. Here is WHY republicans are responsible for most of the National debt:

So how big is this supply-side / Republican debt?

My answer is not entirely fair, because I calculate it by the Republican method, but it seems fair to hold them to their own standards. And it makes the calculation transparent and understandable. You be the judge. So just what is the Republican approach? There should always be a balanced budget ā€” they even want to put that into the constitution. As Ron Paul said, they are the party of balanced budgets.

So we will ask, ā€œWhat if Reagan and the Bushes had balanced their own budgets?ā€ And what if Clinton and Obama had taxed the same and spent the same as they actually did?

The answer is that the National Debt would now be lower by $13.5 trillion! So thatā€™s the Republican National Debt ā€” according to their own standard of balanced budgets.

Itā€™s quite easy to check these calculations (see this spreadsheet). They go like this: When Reagan took office the debt was $1 trillion. When he left it was $2.86 trillion. So $1.86 trillion for him. Then Bush-I added $1.55 trillion. Total so far: $3.4 trillion. Then Clinton took over.

Now the national debt is like a mortgage, and so the bigger it is, the more interest must be paid on it. Without the extra Reagan-Bush $3.4 trillion, there would have been a few hundred billion less in interest on the debt every year under Clinton. That interest adds another $2.3 trillion to the Reagan-Bush debt. Then Bush II increased it by $6.1 trillion to $11.8 trillion. And interest on that has been increasing the debt under Obama. The total Reagan-Bushes debt is now $13.5 trillion.

By Now, you should realize how ridiculous your rant about Clinton's 41% national debt increase looks to anyone with a modicum of rational thinking. But to drive the shaft home vigorously and with great pleasure I give you this:
US-national-debt-GDP-graph.png

1. Under Reagan, the debt went up $1.7 trillion, from $900 billion to $2.6 trillion.
  2. Butā€¦.the national wealth went up $ 17 trillion
  3. Reagan's near-trillion-dollar bulge in defense spending transformed the global balance of power in favor of capitalism. Spurring a stock-market, energy, venture-capital, real-estate and employment boom, the Reagan tax-rate cuts and other pro-enterprise policies added some $17 trillion to America's private-sector assets, dwarfing the trillion-dollar rise in public-sector deficits and creating 45 million net new jobs at rising wages and salaries.
George Gilder: The Real Reagan Lesson for Romney-Ryan

Reaganomics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

4. US Department of the Treasury

The benefits from Reaganomics:
  1. The economy grew at a 3.4% average rateā€¦compared with 2.9% for the previous eight years, and 2.7% for the next eight.(Table B-4)
  2. Inflation rate dropped from 12.5% to 4.4%. (Table B-63)
  3. Unemployment fell to 5.5% from 7.1% (Table B-35)
  4. Prime interest rate fell by one-third.(Table B-73)
  5. The S & P 500 jumped 124% (Table B-95) http://www.gpoaccess.gov/eop/tables10.html
  6. Charitable contributions rose 57% faster than inflation. Dinesh Dā€™Souza, ā€œRonald Reagan: How an Ordinary May Became an Extraordinary Leader,ā€ p. 116

b. and c. Kiva - Kiva Lending Team: Team Ron Paul, Hulk Hogan, Jesus of Nazareth, Chuck Norris, Ronald Reagan, John Wayne, Thomas Jefferson, Alex Jones, Peyton Manning, The Tuskegee Airmen, Schiff, REAL Americans, and George W. Bush

Compare the Obama failures with the Reagan recovery:

"During this seven-year recovery, the economy grew by almost one-third, the equivalent of adding the entire economy of West Germany, the third-largest in the world at the time, to the U.S. economy. In 1984 alone real economic growth boomed by 6.8%, the highest in 50 years. Nearly 20 million new jobs were created during the recovery, increasing U.S. civilian employment by almost 20%. Unemployment fell to 5.3% by 1989.

Real per-capita disposable income increased by 18% from 1982 to 1989, meaning the American standard of living increased by almost 20% in just seven years. The poverty rate declined every year from 1984 to 1989, dropping by one-sixth from its peak. The stock market more than tripled in value from 1980 to 1990, a larger increase than in any previous decade."
Reaganomics Vs. Obamanomics: Facts And Figures

• Thanks
"Liberals argue that Roosevelt's stimulus was not big enough and it took World War II to finally end the Great Depression.
Which the data clearly shows. When the government cash stopped flowing, the economy stopped recovering.
new-deal-unemployment1.jpg

It was Roosevelt's socialism and fear of complete government takeover that caused businesses to back away from hiring and investment.
That's why the astute blame FDR for causing a recession to become the Great Depression....and extending the Depression by multiple years.

Roosevelt was forced to retreat from confiscatory policies by the threat of WWII...
...and he admitted it: he needed manufacturers, and promised reform of his policies if they would join the war effort.
Being patriotic Americans, businessmen did so.

1. On May 16, 1940, Roosevelt had addressed Congress and asked for more than a billion dollars for defense, with a commitment for fifty thousand military aircraft. He knew, also, that he needed the good will of business to win the war: no longer would he call them ā€œprivileged princesā€¦thirsting for power.ā€

2. On May 26, 1940 his Fireside Chat signaled a new relationship with business: he would insure their profits, and assuage their fears that he would nationalize their factories.

a. ā€œā€¦we are calling upon the resources, the efficiency and the ingenuity of the American manufacturers of war material of all kinds -- airplanes and tanks and guns and ships, and all the hundreds of products that go into this material. The Government of the United States itself manufactures few of the implements of war. Private industry will continue to be the source of most of this material, and private industry will have to be speeded up to produce it at the rate and efficiency called for by the needs of the timesā€¦.Private industry will have the responsibility of providing the best, speediest and most efficient mass production of which it is capable.ā€
On National Defense - May 26, 1940

The group known as 'Liberals' today are actually the Socialists, who appropriated the term 'liberal' because Americans hated socialism.
This represents the beliefs of said Socialists/LIberals:

1. The attitude of the FDR government can be seen in these words of A.B. ā€œHappyā€ Chandler, a former Kentucky governor: ā€œ[A]ll of us owe the government; we owe it for everything we haveā€”and that is the basis of obligationā€”and the government can take everything we have if the government needs it. . . . The government can assert its right to have all the taxes it needs for any purpose, either now or at any time in the future." Folsom and Folsom, "FDR Goes To War."

Sound familiar?
  1. The Germans have a history of embracing authoritarian rule. As the German philosopher Hegel said, ā€œThe state says ā€¦ you must obey ā€¦. The state has rights against the individual; its members have obligations, among them that of obeying without protestā€ (Ralf Dahrendorf, Society and Democracy in Germany).

Sieg Heil, Liberals.

In less than five minutes, Greg Gutfeld explains why Conservative is simply better for the individual, and for society, than Liberal

And, by investing the five minutes in this vid...you get course credit in Prager University.....

Why the Right is Right - Prager University

Except it is all a myth. Conservatives in Congress are not more conservative........just look at how much money Bush wasted on two worthless wars.

Your vid also says they cling to the Constitution, but that is not true....they only cling to the Constitution when it sides with their position. Just look at the case of Obamacare, the Supreme Court has ruled it legal....and here they are, politicians in Congress wasting tax payer's money trying to repeal it over and over. Same thing with same-sex marriage....look at Kim Davis......she goes against the Constitution and Republican/conservatives praise her and elevate her to "hero".

About being the most happy? I've never seen such a bunch of angry, butt-hurt individuals as the conservatives on this Forum. All they do is call names and curse at anyone that disagrees with them.

Your vid says one thing, but it doesn't really apply to the conservatives on this forum, or our Congress.....so before you pat yourself on the back......think again.

"Liberals argue that Roosevelt's stimulus was not big enough and it took World War II to finally end the Great Depression.
Which the data clearly shows. When the government cash stopped flowing, the economy stopped recovering.

It was Roosevelt's socialism and fear of complete government takeover that caused businesses to back away from hiring and investment.
That's why the astute blame FDR for causing a recession to become the Great Depression....and extending the Depression by multiple years.

Roosevelt was forced to retreat from confiscatory policies by the threat of WWII...
...and he admitted it: he needed manufacturers, and promised reform of his policies if they would join the war effort.

1. On May 16, 1940, Roosevelt had addressed Congress and asked for more than a billion dollars for defense, with a commitment for fifty thousand military aircraft. He knew, also, that he needed the good will of business to win the war: no longer would he call them ā€œprivileged princesā€¦thirsting for power.ā€

2. On May 26, 1940 his Fireside Chat signaled a new relationship with business: he would insure their profits, and assuage their fears that he would nationalize their factories.

a. ā€œā€¦we are calling upon the resources, the efficiency and the ingenuity of the American manufacturers of war material of all kinds -- airplanes and tanks and guns and ships, and all the hundreds of products that go into this material. The Government of the United States itself manufactures few of the implements of war. Private industry will continue to be the source of most of this material, and private industry will have to be speeded up to produce it at the rate and efficiency called for by the needs of the timesā€¦.Private industry will have the responsibility of providing the best, speediest and most efficient mass production of which it is capable.ā€

The group known as 'Liberals' today are actually the Socialists, who appropriated the term 'liberal' because Americans hated socialism.

1. The attitude of the FDR government can be seen in these words of A.B. ā€œHappyā€ Chandler, a former Kentucky governor: ā€œ[A]ll of us owe the government; we owe it for everything we haveā€”and that is the basis of obligationā€”and the government can take everything we have if the government needs it. . . . The government can assert its right to have all the taxes it needs for any purpose, either now or at any time in the future." Folsom and Folsom, "FDR Goes To War."

Sound familiar?
  1. The Germans have a history of embracing authoritarian rule. As the German philosopher Hegel said, ā€œThe state says ā€¦ you must obey ā€¦. The state has rights against the individual; its members have obligations, among them that of obeying without protestā€ (Ralf Dahrendorf, Society and Democracy in Germany).

Sieg Heil, Liberals.
That's all very nice but it doesn't change the fact that FDR got us much of the way out of the Great Depression and WWII finished the job...

Political Chic is willfully using lying propaganda to support her claims. Her claims are trash and educated people will turn their heads when she is around. Who can seriously take her word as truth in the future? You need to refute your claim and withdraw your assertion or provide honest sourcing to support your claim now.

The excuses of a lying low-life Liberal.

Need more?

Sure:

Now, listen, I've listened to this Harry - now this thing has been tried for seven successive years, and we' ve still got twelve million unemployed. I want to point out - you're all Just as much interested in Mr. Roosevelt as I am - before you launch this thing, I think you're opening yourselves to an attack that we' ve had seven years of deficits, seven years of increasing the thing, and we're just where we were seven years ago."

Morgenthau, 1939

page 64

I'm never wrong, and I never lie.
I'm not a Liberal.
No matter how many times your distortion of the Morganthau quote is explained you continue to use it in that distorted and misrepresented way.
There were two distinctive ways to assess the depression. Through the eyes of industry and business and through the eyes of the masses of working people and humanist.
Morganthau's priority was for the industry and business view. FDR, the guy in charge, prioritized the humanist view. He did not mind seeing industry and business lag behind as long as his programs were giving workers jobs and feeding families. That kept Morganthau stressed as he was under constant pressure from industry and business for corporate bail outs. FDR believed in bailing out people instead of corporations.
The debt and funding that Morganthau was so upset and concerned about were the loans made by the feds to every state for construction projects. The loans were based on federal owned gold used as collateral. People like Morganthau considered these loans to be gambling schemes and believed the loans would never be paid back. He and corporate and conservative America viewed the loans as endless money pits of welfare and relief that would never be paid back or give lasting benefit to the economy. Every loan was in fact paid back in full. The gamble paid off with reduced unemployment and infrastructure, much of which is still being used 80 years after it was built and Morganthau was proved wrong. Turned out to be a hell of an investment for the USA and the individual states.

1. Now, listen, I've listened to this Harry - now this thing has been tried for seven successive years, and we ' ve still got twelve million unemployed.
I want to point out - you're all Just as much interested in Mr. Roosevelt as I am - before you launch this thing, I think you're opening yourselves to an attack that we' ve had seven years of deficits, seven years of increasing the thing, and we're just where we were seven years ago."
Morgenthau, 1939
page 64

2. "We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work. And I have just one interest, and if I am wrong ā€¦ somebody else can have my job. I want to see this country prosperous. I want to see people get a job. I want to see people get enough to eat. We have never made good on our promises. ā€¦ I say after eight years of this Administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started. ā€¦ And an enormous debt to boot."
Morgenthau, Henry, Jr. (May 9, 1939).Henry Morgenthau Diary, Microfilm Roll #50(PDF, 1.9 MB).

Now....what sort of lying imbecile would deny hat Henry Morgenthau was indicting the Roosevelt dictatorship as an abject failure?

Oh....your sort of lying imbecile.

Got it.
Morganthau was simply wrong about the facts he tried to present to FDR. Even with using the inflated numbers of the Lebergott method of judging unemployment and industrial data that ignored the infrastructure jobs considered by him to be "relief", his raw numbers were factually incorrect and off by millions.

Morganthau had become pretty useless as an adviser who proved day after day he had a poor grasp of what was going on. He was claiming no changes in unemployment, when again, even the highest estimates that disavowed those workers on "relief", showed him totally off and inaccurate. The number of unemployed when FDR took over stood at 12,830,000. By 1937 it was at 7,700,000, but according to Morganthau it hadn't changed or improved. He discounted and ignored over 5 million new jobs and employed Americans in private industry and business jobs. Even after the set back in 1938 when FDR swayed away from his New Deal programs and followed Moganthau's and his supporters advice and decreased spending for the government jobs which caused the so called mini recession during the depression, the numbers stayed far below the '33 numbers. By '39 the numbers of employed began rising as the pre '38 policies were put back in place and replacement of three and a half million added private industry jobs that were lost during the mini recession boost the employed numbers and lowered the overall unemployment. This by itself showed that the government relief jobs had a huge impact on private industry and business employment. The so called "relief workers" spent their paychecks and that is what lifted private employment.

Morganthau was wrong and his quote was ignored at the time as it should be ignored now. Here is the proof in the form of numbers from the Bureau of Labor Statistics showing the raw numbers of unemployed and the rate using the Lebergott method.

u-s-history.com/pages/h1528.html

Remember, Morganthau did not recognize people building bridges and roads, infrastructure, etc. as being employed. As far as he was concerned those people were on welfare and unemployed. But even ignoring that, the numbers in his head were off by huge amounts.

Last edited:
In less than five minutes, Greg Gutfeld explains why Conservative is simply better for the individual, and for society, than Liberal

And, by investing the five minutes in this vid...you get course credit in Prager University.....

Why the Right is Right - Prager University

There's the Pontiff, he's the one in the white dress on television right now....And there's the pontificator, she's the one in the Superman costume who has a bigger ego than the Pontiff but not nearly as big an audience.

Sound familiar?

Sieg Heil, Liberals.
That's all very nice but it doesn't change the fact that FDR got us much of the way out of the Great Depression and WWII finished the job...

Quite the contrary

1. Arthur Schlesinger, Jr., liberal New Deal historian wrote in The National Experience, in 1963, ā€œThough the policies of the Hundred Days had ended despair, they had not produce recoveryā€¦ā€ He also wrote honestly about the devastating crash of 1937- in the midst of the ā€œsecond New Dealā€ and Rooseveltā€™s second term. ā€œThe collapse in the months after September 1937 was actually more severe than it had been in the first nine months of the depression: national income fell 13 %, payrolls 35 %, durable goods production 50 %, profits 78% .

2. In 1935, the Brookings Institution (left-leaning) delivered a 900-page report on the New Deal and the National Recovery Administration, concluding that ā€œ on the whole it retarded recovery.ā€
article - AEI

Sound familiar?

Sieg Heil, Liberals.

Quite the contrary

2. In 1935, the Brookings Institution (left-leaning) delivered a 900-page report on the New Deal and the National Recovery Administration, concluding that ā€œ on the whole it retarded recovery.ā€
article - AEI
See the chart, and use some common sense Cut and Paste...

Forum List

Back