Why did the BUSH SEC hold back the broker rules?

What was the reasoning the Bush SEC did this hold back of the broker provisions for 8 long years?

What I am asking it why the Bush SEC implimented the Gramm Leach blieley act of 1999 which allowed the banks to sell securities for the first time since the passage of Glass Stegal act from the Great depression days.

when they implimented the Bill they held back the rules that involved the Broker rules for the banks.

So the banks could NOW sell seciurities but had no rules on Brokers.

Why did the Bush SEC do that?

what was their reasoning behind that move?

Not one person has EVER been able to answer that question in a away that makes sense
Clinton implemented that! Rubin started the whole fuckin thing up for greed. He said it would help Wall street and capitol gains. Did you read my post I wrote last night?

then they were not implimented until just as couple of days after Bush told the country our economy was about to crash.

I want the link for the whole report. Not what you snip out of it. The whole thing. Give em the link. You keep repeating the same goddamn thing so you might have it in your favorites. shouldnt be too hard

What I am asking it why the Bush SEC implimented the Gramm Leach blieley act of 1999 which allowed the banks to sell securities for the first time since the passage of Glass Stegal act from the Great depression days.

when they implimented the Bill they held back the rules that involved the Broker rules for the banks.

So the banks could NOW sell seciurities but had no rules on Brokers.

Why did the Bush SEC do that?

what was their reasoning behind that move?

Not one person has EVER been able to answer that question in a away that makes sense
Clinton implemented that! Rubin started the whole fuckin thing up for greed. He said it would help Wall street and capitol gains. Did you read my post I wrote last night?

Nope it was signed by clinton but due to be implimented AFTER his term.

lying dont get it

I want the link for the whole report. Not what you snip out of it. The whole thing. Give em the link. You keep repeating the same goddamn thing so you might have it in your favorites. shouldnt be too hard

Look at my signature

Its always there

I mean considering they also did this to make their merger legal. Had to do something because they only got a temporary pass in 97'

The Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act was signed into law by President Bill Clinton on Nov. 12, 1999. The Act provided an 18-month deadline for the adoption of implementing rules, but from 1999 until 2005, the rule-writing effort stalled repeatedly. On Oct. 13, 2006, President Bush signed into law the Regulatory Relief Act, which added the requirement that the Commission and the Board issue the proposed rules jointly, and seek the concurrence of the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the Office of Thrift Supervision, and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.

It took the Bush SEC 8 years to come up with rules for the brokers and to place them in effect took another year.

Then a couple of days beofre these rules took effect Bush had to stand in front of the world and announce the economy was going to crash

If brokers had a liecense to lose they would have NOt been so willing to sell sub prime tained securities as triple A.

That would have meant the the banks would not have written as much sub primes BECAUSE they would not have been able to dump it on unsuspecting securities buyers.

Bill clinton said the act softened the crisis.. Hmmm Idk about that. He probably just sayed that because he is the fool that signed it, with BI-PARTISAN support
I cant find where any of your statements are true. I think you dont fuckin know, or you are just full of shit. It was effective immediately after signage. Well thats what I can find, and cant find anythign different

I mean considering they also did this to make their merger legal. Had to do something because they only got a temporary pass in 97'

and it was the right who was SET on helping them do it.
Gramm was then hired by UBS shortly after the bill passed.

Bill clinton said the act softened the crisis.. Hmmm Idk about that. He probably just sayed that because he is the fool that signed it, with BI-PARTISAN support
I cant find where any of your statements are true. I think you dont fuckin know, or you are just full of shit. It was effective immediately after signage. Well thats what I can find, and cant find anythign different

Yes and then the Bush SEC held back the protections written into the bill THE BROKER RULES!

That is why the Bill did not have the intended effect but instead freed the banksters to do whatever they wanted

The Bush admin kept the bill from actually working as planned and signed

Wel llike I said before the repubs threw in some exterminating PORK
Fuckers need to quit signing in shit without reading it!!!!!

Forum List

Back