Why did the BUSH SEC hold back the broker rules?

U.S. economy improving faster than expected, data show - chicagotribune.com

Piece by piece, evidence has begun to accumulate that after four years, the economy is on track for stronger growth than many had expected — bolstering the confidence of businesses as well as consumers.

The latest support for that view comes from data on consumer spending, which grew at a surprisingly quick pace in February, pushed up by demand for cars and building materials.

The report from the Commerce Department came after employment figures showed faster improvement than most economists had projected, in large part because of the rebound of the housing market.

To cap it off, on Thursday a measure of first-time unemployment claims fell to a five-year low.

The good news about jobs sent the Dow Jones industrial average to another record high Thursday. The Dow extended its winning streak to 10 days, a run of gains not seen since 1996

yes and its working dispite all the right wing attempts to kill the recovery

You hate it when the left does things right.

You love it when the right does things wrong.

Your insane

There was nothing good about the act. They said our banks couldnt compete with market or some shit. The economy should nto be based on the 30's blah blah. All thsi fuckin thing was, was a bailout law for banks.
It also look slike there was some strategic disagreements from both sides of the isle for delays. I dont know the full extent of the delays, nor do I know who the disagreements were from.. I figure it was to point fingers for electoral votes for re-election in 04 so I am going to blame the right.
Again, back to the point of this question.. it is STILL irrelevant. The holdup did not cause the economy collapse. It was the act itself, carter, repubs, dems, clinton, rubin, fannie mae and the banks

I did answer
EDIT : did not bold my entire statement

Last edited:
BTW the right in this country fought for decades to end Glass Steagal.

Gramm who managed to pass his bill went to work for UBS right after he got it passed

I am blaming the right. Is that not good enough for you? I dont think there would be "proof" of why they were held up. If there is "proof" why dont you post it besides opinion.
Oh and I made that thread in the FZ :)

Hiding behind the past, to protect Obama from the current reality. Until jobs return to prerecession numbers and wages catch up to inflation, there is NO recovery for the middle class.

UBS - Wealth Management US - Senator Phil Gramm

Senator Phil Gramm joined UBS Investment Bank as Vice Chairman in December, 2002, after serving for 24 years in Congress, including the last 18 years as a Senator from Texas.

In his role at UBS, he focuses on providing strategic advice to major corporate and institutional clients around the world. The Gramm legislative record includes landmark bills like the Gramm-Latta Budget, which reduced federal spending, rebuilt national defense and mandated the Reagan tax cuts. As Chairman of the Banking Committee, Senator Gramm steered through legislation modernizing the nation's banking, insurance and securities laws.

Hiding behind the past, to protect Obama from the current reality. Until jobs return to prerecession numbers and wages catch up to inflation, there is NO recovery for the middle class.

you are not the authority on recovery

I am blaming the right. Is that not good enough for you? I dont think there would be "proof" of why they were held up. If there is "proof" why dont you post it besides opinion.
Oh and I made that thread in the FZ :)

do you think they would ANNOUNCE they planned to screw the American people?

BTW the right in this country fought for decades to end Glass Steagal.

Gramm who managed to pass his bill went to work for UBS right after he got it passed

Oh noes! Getting a job in your area of expertise, who would have guessed? :cool:

Forum List

Back