Why did the corporate tax cuts fail?

Brain357

Platinum Member
Mar 30, 2013
Those of us living in reality can now say that the corporate tax cuts were a failure that hurt revenue and did nothing for the economy. So the question is why? I think it likely has to do with the fact so many of our corporations are near monopolies. Curious what others think.

Trump handed big business a massive tax cut, and all he got in return was embarrassment

Two years after his administration passed a massive tax cut for corporations meant to spur economic growth, the verdict is in, and the results are embarrassing. The tax cuts did not "unleash animal spirits" (as the business media is so fond of saying). And it did not usher in a period of 3% GDP growth(as Trump's administration was so fond of echoing).

The plan did not — by any stretch of the imagination — "pay for itself with growth and reduced deductions," as Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin said it would back in 2017. In fact, the US budget deficit has grown by 50% since Trump took office.

Fail?....look at the unemployment rate dumbass.....
Yeah it was really low before the tax cuts...
I am thinking a more appropriate title would be "Where Did Your DNA Fail"?
images

Those of us living in reality can now say that the corporate tax cuts were a failure that hurt revenue and did nothing for the economy. So the question is why? I think it likely has to do with the fact so many of our corporations are near monopolies. Curious what others think.

Trump handed big business a massive tax cut, and all he got in return was embarrassment

Two years after his administration passed a massive tax cut for corporations meant to spur economic growth, the verdict is in, and the results are embarrassing. The tax cuts did not "unleash animal spirits" (as the business media is so fond of saying). And it did not usher in a period of 3% GDP growth(as Trump's administration was so fond of echoing).

The plan did not — by any stretch of the imagination — "pay for itself with growth and reduced deductions," as Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin said it would back in 2017. In fact, the US budget deficit has grown by 50% since Trump took office.

Bring in the Democrats and Liberals and really watch the deficit soar. It’s not like your side plans to cut spending..... just raise taxes for the State.

Bring in the Democrats and Liberals and really watch the deficit soar. It’s not like your side plans to cut spending..... just raise taxes for the State.
I’m an independent. You didn’t come close to answering the question, trump really made deficits soar btw.

Flame Zone
41568.jpg

Shocking the right can’t have intelligent discussion. What a board of clowns this place is.

Fake post
Not based in reality

Fake post
Not based in reality
Please share what positive effect they had then? Deficits way up, gdp growth down...

You are aware unemployment has been declining since 2010?
:bsflag::bsflag::bsflag::bsflag::bsflag:
It’s sad how trumpers have to ignore facts.

National Employment Monthly Update

So you have no real defense then, shocking.

That was my response dufuss....

Unemployment declining since 2010. You have nothing then? Go troll somewhere else.

Trumpybear only fulfilled half his campaign promise. Not only was he going to reduce corporate taxes but he was also going to get rid of all the corporate loopholes that allow profitable companies to pay zero in federal taxes.

They got the cuts but keep the loopholes and even got more.

It hasn't trickled down yet.

Last edited:
So I guess trumpers think the goal was to increase deficits and slow the economy.

Forum List

Back