Why Didn't any Democrats Vote For the Temporary Spending Bill?

Most people stand with the uaw .

22002-missing-the-point.gif

You have no idea, do you? :auiqs.jpg:

Intellectual Lightweight trying to school people.

"Some writers will use both a question mark and exclamation point for an exclamatory question, but only the exclamation point is truly necessary. What in the world are you doing up there!" --
Yawn. You found another dumbass on the internet that thinks questions don’t end with question marks. Lol. GFY.

Yawn. You found another dumbass on the internet that thinks questions don’t end with question marks. Lol. GFY.

Okay Trollbie

:th_Back_2_Topic_2:

MAGA shutdown gov 1.png

How the Shutdown Holdouts Have Antagonized McCarthy Before​

By Karen Yourish and Lazaro Gamio Sept. 29, 2023

The Republicans Who Voted Against McCarthy’s Stopgap Measure​

• Winner
Reactions: IM2

Because of this unanimous Democrat opposition to funding our government, children will starve, soldiers will go unpaid, the elderly will freeze, bridges will crumble, and that mule ride guy in Jelly Stone Park will have to close down again.

How angry are the Democrats on here at their party for shutting down the government?

MAGA shutdown gov 2.png

About three-quarters of the 21 Republicans who voted against Mr. McCarthy’s temporary spending bill were supported by the campaign arm of the House Freedom Caucus during the 2022 midterms. Six members of the group are serving in Congress for the first time.

• Winner
A shutdown will cut domestic spending by 100% so why did all the Dems vote for a shut down?
They did not.

MAGA shutdown gov 3.png

How the Shutdown Holdouts Have Antagonized McCarthy Before​

• Winner
Joe would have agreed to it if it involved 25 naked 6 years olds romping around Biden, living out his sick fantasy as Mr. Pedo.

So, you go to your boss and demand a 1000% raise or you will quit, is it your bosses fault your quit or your own?
It is my boss's fault that he doesn't have me as a worker anymore, and mine that I don't have that job any more.

So, if I wind up flipping burgers for minimum wage and my boss winds up trying to train a guy who should be flipping burgers for minimum wage, we each of us have no one to blame but ourselves.

It is my boss's fault that he doesn't have me as a worker anymore, and mine that I don't have that job any more.

So, if I wind up flipping burgers for minimum wage and my boss winds up trying to train a guy who should be flipping burgers for minimum wage, we each of us have no one to blame but ourselves.

Perhaps your boss really wants you as a worker, but just cannot afforded 1000% raise

Perhaps your boss really wants you as a worker, but just cannot afforded 1000% raise
Then he doesn't want me bad enough.

Is there some moral obligation to work for a boss who really wants me as a worker, even if his compensation offer doesn't make it look that way?

Could we move for a moment away from your typical absurd exaggeration? The UAW is not asking for any 1000% raise. They are asking for 46% over four years, which is less than 12% per year. That's 12% of the baseline salary they make now, not compounded during the four years.

If Democratic regulations are preventing them from making enough money to cover those increases, which may not even keep up with Democratic inflation if - Allah forbid - Biden stays in office, then they should have long since been lobbying for that nonsense to end.

Dems want a shut down
They absolutely do. In a way, the GOP plays into their hands on that.

It's easy for the Democrats to portray themselves as the party that wants to save government, and the GOP as the party that wants to end government, because Democrats' simple minded base has not the intellectual capability to understand the difference between wanting to slow the growth of government and wanting to end it.

So the simpletons swallow it whole that it is only one side and not the other responsible for the breakdown in negotiations. Expecting the Republicans, having won the majority in the house that originates spending bills, to meekly continue the Pelosi Plan of disastrous deficits and rising debt is completely unreasonable. But the media portrays not wanting to do that as unreasonable and immoral, and the followers lap it up.

Because of this unanimous Democrat opposition to funding our government, children will starve, soldiers will go unpaid, the elderly will freeze, bridges will crumble, and that mule ride guy in Jelly Stone Park will have to close down again.

How angry are the Democrats on here at their party for shutting down the government?

Thanks for the gift. I predict at least a 30 seat takeover of the House by Democrats next year.

And that may be a conservative estimate.

• Thanks
What cuts does it have?
It wouldn’t matter. The obstruction caucus would still demand that the Republicans vote against it. That is part of McCarthy’s problem. He meets their demand and they change it. At this point in time he would be well advised to give up on his own party and work out a deal with the Democrats.

• Thanks
It wouldn’t matter. The obstruction caucus would still demand that the Republicans vote against it. That is part of McCarthy’s problem. He meets their demand and they change it. At this point in time he would be well advised to give up on his own party and work out a deal with the Democrats.
I've made the observation that McCarthy's only hope to pass a CR at this point is for Dems to vote with him. But, it would require making concessions to the Dems that gain more Dem votes than they lose GOP votes.

The problem is that the Dems' baseline start point for negotiations is absurd. There is no reason government should be funded at COVID era levels now that COVID is over. The COVID mindset was a fail during COVID. Continuing it post-COVID is the act of crazy people.

I've made the observation that McCarthy's only hope to pass a CR at this point is for Dems to vote with him. But, it would require making concessions to the Dems that gain more Dem votes than they lose GOP votes.

The problem is that the Dems' baseline start point for negotiations is absurd. There is no reason government should be funded at COVID era levels now that COVID is over. The COVID mindset was a fail during COVID. Continuing it post-COVID is the act of crazy people.

Now see that argument might make some headway if that was the objective of the Republicans. It isn’t.

MTG won’t vote for any funding so long as Ukraine gets anything. She isn’t just holding up Defense but everything like the spoiled little bitch she is.

Two of the Obstruction Caucus won’t vote for anything until all woke policies are eliminated from the Military. Oh and all social programs are cut by upwards to 20%.

They originally agreed to 8% cuts but once they got those, demanded more.

Honestly. If I was McCarthy I’d dare the morons to remove me and then use the last of my influence to vote a Democrat in as speaker. That speaker could daily find the Obstruction Caucus out of order and have them removed from the rest of the day.

The Trump supporters so called, will get the blame. Rightly so.

• Winner
If the boss is making 300 times what the workers make and gets huge bonuses while the company sets records for profits every year, the workers should get the raise they ask for.

As one example of the pure obstructionism from the radical right.

House Republicans voted down their own proposal to approve a short-term spending bill to fund the government, as well as a separate effort that would have cut numerous essential government services by at least 30 percent. The failure left House GOP’s leadership path forward unclear.

Typically, funding showdowns in divided government between Congress and the White House have featured pitched battles over specific policies, such as Trump’s border wall or Obamacare. But budget experts and historians say the current impasse stands out for its lack of a clear policy disagreement.

So let’s take a moment and consider that. The extremists in the Republican Party demanded 30% cuts in the Bill. They got it. And still voted against it.

So help me out. How is this anything but a Republican Shut Down? Radical Republicans. Extremists. Spoiled children who won’t agree even when you give them everything they want.

Forum List

Back