🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why do American CEOs make twice as much as German CEOs?

Want a job where you can fail and still get paid lavishly? Try corporate CEO | Pratap Chatterjee
Yes.

I want that job.

How do I get it?

Have you tried?

Why are you not a CEO?

Cause it’s a rigged game.

No, these three names popped up in a review of the "Bailed Out, Booted and Busted" – a study released Wednesday by the Institute of Policy Studies in Washington DC of the 241 people who have ranked as the highest paid CEOs in the US in the past two decades.

An astonishing 38% of these titans of finance and industry have either been kicked out of their jobs, put in jail or had to have their companies be rescued from bankruptcy. Fuld, Kozlowski and Pfeiffer are three that top the list.

Maybe I missed the part of that article where they explain why shareholders allowed boards to pay such obscene salaries. Could you point that out to me?

Board is full of CEOs who want to get paid.

Cause it’s a rigged game.

No, these three names popped up in a review of the "Bailed Out, Booted and Busted" – a study released Wednesday by the Institute of Policy Studies in Washington DC of the 241 people who have ranked as the highest paid CEOs in the US in the past two decades.

An astonishing 38% of these titans of finance and industry have either been kicked out of their jobs, put in jail or had to have their companies be rescued from bankruptcy. Fuld, Kozlowski and Pfeiffer are three that top the list.
Stay with me here.

Who owns the company?

There has been lots of discussions about worker pay and bringing back good paying jobs. I think this is an article everyone should read:
Why do American CEOs make twice as much as German CEOs?

While our workers wages have been stagnant, our ceo pay has really skyrocketed. This gives some real insight to how Germans make more than US workers:

The researchers also broke out the average CEO-to-worker-pay ratio for 16 countries, using AFL-CIO data. For the U.S., the ratio is 354-to-1. Germany comes in third highest with a ratio of 147-to-1. It’s still a large figure, but should the ratio in the U.S. be more than double that of economic stalwart Germany?

In Germany, labor has a seat at the table

In the U.S., average annual worker pay is $34,645. A German worker receives $40,223 a year on average.

Most important of all, representation on German corporate boards of directors is split between labor and shareholders through an executive board and a non-executive board. This has given workers the ability to raise employee pay along with overseeing CEO salaries.

Whether it’s through minimum wage hikes or acceptance of labor unions, for the U.S. CEO-to-worker pay ratio to decrease, workers will need a seat at the table. This would not only help improve worker pay, it could also provide a much-needed counterpoint during CEO salary discussions.

Most U.S. companies leave workers out of boardroom conversations, so it’s not surprising that executives primarily focus on CEO pay incentives and fail to recognize the necessity to do the same for the rank-and-file.

Without those kinds of conversations during board meetings, American CEO pay will likely continue to skyrocket.

Who gives a shit

-Geaux

Brain357

You must have a lot of spare time on your hands to ponder such questions. Might as well be asking why water is wet? Why am I envious of other countries but lack the courage to move to greener pastures? You are free to take advantage of other countries with open borders, and ease of obtaining citizenship. So ask yourself a question.... 'Why do I lack the ambition to improve my life to the standards I think are important? You might find yourself less miserable elsewhere

Think about it

-Geaux

"Most shareholder votes are lopsided things, of course: Directors are re-elected in landslides, management proposals pass handily, and shareholder proposal flop. But shareholders are getting feisty—see the furor at JPMorgan Chase—and with annual meetings in season, we’re once again seeing a handful of votes go against the board—only to be resoundingly ignored by the company."

Why do you hate democracy?

Shareholders should dump their stock and move on.

You really don't understand how this works, do you?

"Most shareholder votes are lopsided things, of course: Directors are re-elected in landslides, management proposals pass handily, and shareholder proposal flop. But shareholders are getting feisty—see the furor at JPMorgan Chase—and with annual meetings in season, we’re once again seeing a handful of votes go against the board—only to be resoundingly ignored by the company."

Why do you hate democracy?

Shareholders should dump their stock and move on.

You really don't understand how this works, do you?

Your little fantasy land really is adorable. Some day you will grow up.

One thing is for certain. The workforce of younger workers American employers have to pick from is the most productive hardest working we have ever seen. They are technologically smart beyond any other time. Since the workforce is flooded with these workers, companies are able to suppress wages as they know the number of dedicated hard work to the core employees is limitless right now. Unfortunately employers have the upper hand and take huge advantage of this. The one thing a valued worker can do is to constantly be willing to get up and move to a better job. Loyalty to an employer is NO LONGER a trait a smart hard working employee even considers.

American CEOs make as much as they do because they can.

Boards of Directors have no balls.

Forum List

Back