🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why do American CEOs make twice as much as German CEOs?

Like I said, we no longer have many options. And since it’s a racket where CEOs on the board increase ceo pay, hard to find a company not overpaying.
AGAIN....the shareholders are voting to put those people on the board.

It's hard to find a company paying the same as Germany because the market demands the higher price.

A&M is paying Jimbo Fisher $7.5 Million per year for 10 years.

Why?

Because the market demands that price to get a NC winning coach to take over the program.

Tell me you think Nick Saban is not worth his salary. Do you know how much money and exposure that dude has brought to the University of Alabama?

You just don't understand how it works.

CEO Pay and Performance Often Don’t Match Up

You are mixing up the measurables.

To get a top-notch CEO, you need to find someone with experience. That person is usually at another job and there are not very many of them.

You must pay them enough money to poach them away from their current position.

Most CEOs will not leave a certain situation for one of uncertainty.

It goes back to NCAA football coaches. You want a NC winning coach to leave a top 10 program to coach your team?

The market price (what it takes to get said coach to move) is $7.5 million per year with 10 years guaranteed.

There has been lots of discussions about worker pay and bringing back good paying jobs. I think this is an article everyone should read:
Why do American CEOs make twice as much as German CEOs?

While our workers wages have been stagnant, our ceo pay has really skyrocketed. This gives some real insight to how Germans make more than US workers:

The researchers also broke out the average CEO-to-worker-pay ratio for 16 countries, using AFL-CIO data. For the U.S., the ratio is 354-to-1. Germany comes in third highest with a ratio of 147-to-1. It’s still a large figure, but should the ratio in the U.S. be more than double that of economic stalwart Germany?

In Germany, labor has a seat at the table

In the U.S., average annual worker pay is $34,645. A German worker receives $40,223 a year on average.

Most important of all, representation on German corporate boards of directors is split between labor and shareholders through an executive board and a non-executive board. This has given workers the ability to raise employee pay along with overseeing CEO salaries.

Whether it’s through minimum wage hikes or acceptance of labor unions, for the U.S. CEO-to-worker pay ratio to decrease, workers will need a seat at the table. This would not only help improve worker pay, it could also provide a much-needed counterpoint during CEO salary discussions.

Most U.S. companies leave workers out of boardroom conversations, so it’s not surprising that executives primarily focus on CEO pay incentives and fail to recognize the necessity to do the same for the rank-and-file.

Without those kinds of conversations during board meetings, American CEO pay will likely continue to skyrocket.

The average person on Public Assistance actually receives more than the average person who works and pays taxes at $35,000 a year.

You are mixing up the measurables.

To get a top-notch CEO, you need to find someone with experience. That person is usually at another job and there are not very many of them.

You must pay them enough money to poach them away from their current position.

Most CEOs will not leave a certain situation for one of uncertainty.

It goes back to NCAA football coaches. You want a NC winning coach to leave a top 10 program to coach your team?

The market price (what it takes to get said coach to move) is $7.5 million per year with 10 years guaranteed.

You sure live in fantasy land. Read the link. No link between pay and performance.

So your example is not a ceo....
It's the same type of situation. A company wants a top-notch CEO to leave another job and join their organization. That CEO does not want to make the move into an uncertain situation because of the risk. CEO says "hell no. I am not leaving my current job." Company says "we'll pay you (lots of zeros) to take the job." CEO says, "well, when you put it that way....I would love to take this job."

It's the EXACT same with football coaches.

You don't understand how it works because you are a poorly-educated leftist who thinks communism will work.

Don't fall for it, Tree.

Our CEO's getting paid what they're being paid is indefensible.

And believe me when I tell you, those CEOs are not on our side.

All dimocrap scum got these days is, "Mr Jones, is it true you beat your Wife" bullshit.

dimocraps are scum

period

So your example is not a ceo....
It's the same type of situation. A company wants a top-notch CEO to leave another job and join their organization. That CEO does not want to make the move into an uncertain situation because of the risk. CEO says "hell no. I am not leaving my current job." Company says "we'll pay you (lots of zeros) to take the job." CEO says, "well, when you put it that way....I would love to take this job."

It's the EXACT same with football coaches.

You don't understand how it works because you are a poorly-educated leftist who thinks communism will work.

It’s the same at all. Only in fantasy land. No link between ceo pay and performance.

You sure live in fantasy land. Read the link. No link between pay and performance.
I agree.

You don't seem to understand....YET AGAIN.

College Football coaches are the best example out there. They get paid tons of money to produce losing records ALL THE TIME!!!!

CEOs are in demand and there is limited supply. Want a top-notch CEO? Pay them enough to leave their current job and take yours.

:dunno:

Don't fall for it, Tree.

All dimocrap scum got these days is, "Mr Jones, is it true you beat your Wife" bullshit.

dimocraps are scum

period
I think they get paid a lot. Too much in fact. But if a corporation is that stupid to pay their CEOs that much instead of invest it back in to their company and their workers, well, they can just fail like everyone else. The Problem is when Our Left Leaning Government gives some of these corporations like GM bail outs. That should be absolutely forbidden under any circumstances, including for banks etc. too.

I agree.

You don't seem to understand....YET AGAIN.

College Football coaches are the best example out there. They get paid tons of money to produce losing records ALL THE TIME!!!!

CEOs are in demand and there is limited supply. Want a top-notch CEO? Pay them enough to leave their current job and take yours.

:dunno:
And they rarely perform. It’s a racket. Board filled with CEOs who all want raises.

Don't fall for it, Tree.

dimocraps are scum

period
I think they get paid a lot. Too much in fact. But if a corporation is that stupid to pay their CEOs that much instead of invest it back in to their company and their workers, well, they can just fail like everyone else. The Problem is when Our Left Leaning Government gives some of these corporations like GM bail outs. That should be absolutely forbidden under any circumstances, including for banks etc. too.
It’s the board filled with CEOs. They want raises, hell with the company.

Here's the defense to the alleged indefensable:

"We wanted this CEO at XYZ Corp to be our CEO because he increased their XYZ stock value by 300% in 2 quarters, which made all their stockholders filthy stinking rich!!! He would not agree to leave XYZ and become our CEO for less that $30 million a year, which would be a mere drop in the bucket if he increases our stock value by only 20%. Thus, we paid him $30 million a year to leave XYZ and become our CEO."

Thus, it is defensible.

Here's the defense to the alleged indefensable:

"We wanted this CEO at XYZ Corp to be our CEO because he increased their XYZ stock value by 300% in 2 quarters, which made all their stockholders filthy stinking rich!!! He would not agree to leave XYZ and become our CEO for less that $30 million a year, which would be a mere drop in the bucket if he increases our stock value by only 20%. Thus, we paid him $30 million a year to leave XYZ and become our CEO."

Thus, it is defensible.
Many failed CEOs get a new high paid ceo job. Your ideas are pure fantasy.

The Lying Cocksucker in Chief didn't bail out Generic Motors, he bailed out the UAW.

The first about the stupidity of Corporations is right on. Not Right On Washington, but right on.

Ask dimocrap scum why the Oakland Rai-duhs paid Gruden a 100 Million dollars. He doesn't look like he's all that fast.

You're wasting your time with these dirtbags, Tree. All they know is hate.

Forum List

Back