Why do libertarians aid, and abet Obama?

There are also more libertarians within the Republican Party than the Libertarian Party, so it's simply silly to vote for the libertarians, because you are in affect, promoting the statist policies you claim to hate so much by aiding Obama, and the Democrat party.
What is simply silly is continuing to vote R and hold onto the belief in a reduction in the size and scope of the State. No actual correlated action between the two has ever taken place.

There are also more libertarians within the Republican Party than the Libertarian Party, so it's simply silly to vote for the libertarians, because you are in affect, promoting the statist policies you claim to hate so much by aiding Obama, and the Democrat party.
Voting for republicans promotes statist polices.

If the first 6 years of Bush 43, when he had both hoses of congress backing him up, didn't prove that beyond any doubt, what would?

Everyone here is spamming nonsense about Bush 43, but Ronald Reagan, and the Tea Party were clearly in favor of smaller government, less taxes, more freedom.

As of today, the frontrunner for the GOP presidential nomination is Gov. Christie...

if that's not enough reason for libertarians to once-and-for-all abandon the GOP, I don't know what is...

Fuck Republicans and Democrats. I'll never vote for either party ever again. I'm forever done with all the party douche bags.

What's the matter? obama hurt your feelings :)

Douchebags like that are the reason the GOP has trouble winning elections. "Oh, this guy doesn't represent 100% of my views. He only represents 80%. I'm never voting again. Wahhh."
Screw that. You want to change something? Get out there and vote.

It'd be nice if the Republicans actually represented anywhere close to 80% of our views. Regardless, what happened to not needing libertarians?

We await the official count to prove that this is true.

By voting for the libertarian party, you are, in effect, voting for Obama, and his statist policies.

The left could make the same argument. That voting libertarian helps the GOP.

The fact of the matter is that not voting for either party doesn't help or hurt either party.

Yes, but they feel the need to attack libertarianism, whereas before they didn't. And I would argue that it's not necessarily because of Rand Paul, who did not come on the scene until 2010, whereas libertarianism started to become more popular in 2007-2008.

Good point, their need to attack libertarian ideas is most likely an indication that those ideas have gained quite a bit of support and that Paul must be polling very well, I just hope that we don't have a repeat of what happened in the mid '90's.

Libertarians, and conservatives are essentially one and the same.

For example...

Do you love freedom?

Do you love Liberty?

Do you love the free market?

Do you hate Obama's tax and spend failonomics?

Do you despise abortion as the aberration it is?

Do you love capitalism?

Do you want to decrease the size of the federal government?

Do you believe in reasonably equal opportunity, instead of equal outcome?

If you agree with any of these, you should vote for GoP!

As a liberal I love freedom. However, it is important to realize freedom has limitations.

Obama extended the Bush tax cuts. That is the other chief reason why our deficit is so high. It isn't just because of spending. Obama cut the deficit in 11 months by 35%.

Liberals love capitalism as well. I know I do. It the most successful economic system in the world. However, it needs to be regulated.

Obama consolidated the federal government. He got rid of several departments that will save tax payers billions of dollars. The public sector shrank while the private sector is still creating jobs (slowly).

I don't want anything but basic rights to be equal such as healthcare. I am completley fine with a wealthy class.

The GOP only favors economic stimulus to the rich. Tax cuts for the wealthy do nothing to help the middle and lower class. However, don't get it twisted. This does not mean I am against the idea of a wealthy class, but it like anything, needs limitations when it affects the lower classes (see second link in signature).

Last edited:
Why would the media be afraid of Rand Paul? Then again, you're also arguing that the "Tea Party" is made up of people who don't belong to either party, when it's really just placing the old Moral Majority wine in a new skin.

Regarding Paul, you tell me why because I don't know why, all I know is that they are. They are going out of their way to attach Paul to their definition of "Libertarian" and then smearing that definition. It is what it is.

The Tea Party. How soon some people forget. When it first gained prominence it was a non-partisan movement made up of people who felt that Washington DC was out of touch and out of control (which by the way is a pretty good description for about 60% of the electorate) . It is now seen as the whack-job wing of the GOP due mainly to the constant smear-job given to it by the MSM. I don't like the TP but even I can admit that they aren't anything close to what the MSM claims they are.
I'd like to know what, exactly, did the MSM did/does to attack Liberterianism.

What EFFED-UP the Liberterians and the TPers was their co-option by theFOXNEWS, Glenn Beck, et al. That network was BLATANTLY campaigning for them. There was no mistaking that group for being made up of mostly disgruntled and/or embarrassed Republicans that was and always have-been anti-Obama.

And for the handful that were true to their original cause, their voice was either too small or non-existent, so that continued.

I'd argue the MSM had nothing to do with it.

Why would the media be afraid of Rand Paul? Then again, you're also arguing that the "Tea Party" is made up of people who don't belong to either party, when it's really just placing the old Moral Majority wine in a new skin.

Regarding Paul, you tell me why because I don't know why, all I know is that they are. They are going out of their way to attach Paul to their definition of "Libertarian" and then smearing that definition. It is what it is.

The Tea Party. How soon some people forget. When it first gained prominence it was a non-partisan movement made up of people who felt that Washington DC was out of touch and out of control (which by the way is a pretty good description for about 60% of the electorate) . It is now seen as the whack-job wing of the GOP due mainly to the constant smear-job given to it by the MSM. I don't like the TP but even I can admit that they aren't anything close to what the MSM claims they are.
I'd like to know what, exactly, did the MSM did/does to attack Liberterianism.

What EFFED-UP the Liberterians and the TPers was their co-option by theFOXNEWS, Glenn Beck, et al. That network was BLATANTLY campaigning for them. There was no mistaking that group for being made up of mostly disgruntled and/or embarrassed Republicans that was and always have-been anti-Obama.

And for the handful that were true to their original cause, their voice was either too small or non-existent, so that continued.

I'd argue the MSM had nothing to do with it.

Fox News was campaigning for libertarians.

:lol:

For example...

Do you love freedom?

Do you love Liberty?

Do you love capitalism?

What did a Republican House, Senate and Presidency do to further any of these goals the last tie they all had power in the early 2000s?

Everyone here is spamming nonsense about Bush 43, but Ronald Reagan, and the Tea Party were clearly in favor of smaller government, less taxes, more freedom.

Aren't you the guy that chides "liberals" for not knowing the facts? Reagan is responsible for the EMTLA and MCA, to name just two of the expansions of federal government power he backed. One of them was a total failure, but it still makes Reagan exactly the opposite of the principles I support.

By voting for the libertarian party, you are, in effect, voting for Obama, and his statist policies.

I got the same shit from Democrats when I refused to vote for Gore or Kerry.

Yet another example of Republicans and Democrats being the same: They whine the exact same way when they lose.

What we really need to do is opt of of politics(by which I mean the electoral system all together). By voting, we legitimize the political system. By voting, donating and campaigning for libertarian candidates we are wasting time, money and effort on controlled opposition. I am not saying all libertarian candidates are controlled by the system. What I am saying is the two party system is designed to prevent a third party from taking any power. The system is designed to prevent the radical change that is needed.

Even though I don't agree with libertarians on everything(probably not even 50% of things). However, I much prefer them to either of the two parties, and think they would be better served encouraging people not to vote, not to pay taxes, and to support secession at the state and county/municipal level. If people didn't vote, the government would lose it's legitimacy, without our tax dollars, they would have no money to function on a day to day basis, and if we were to push secession, that could be the final nail in the coffin of the federal Leviathan.

For example...

Do you love freedom?

Do you love Liberty?

Do you love capitalism?

As a liberal I love freedom. However, it is important to realize freedom has limitations.

Obama extended the Bush tax cuts. That is the other chief reason why our deficit is so high. It isn't just because of spending. Obama cut the deficit in 11 months by 35%.

Liberals love capitalism as well. I know I do. It the most successful economic system in the world. However, it needs to be regulated.

Obama consolidated the federal government. He got rid of several departments that will save tax payers billions of dollars. The public sector shrank while the private sector is still creating jobs (slowly).

I don't want anything but basic rights to be equal such as healthcare. I am completley fine with a wealthy class.

The GOP only favors economic stimulus to the rich. Tax cuts for the wealthy do nothing to help the middle and lower class. However, don't get it twisted. This does not mean I am against the idea of a wealthy class, but it like anything, needs limitations when it affects the lower classes (see second link in signature).

I wish people stop giving Obama credit for reducing the deficit without admitting that he fought every single cut, and actually increased the deficit first. Until you actually do that, I won't pay any attention to your arguments about how wonderful Obama is. If you can't praise him without lying you shouldn't try.

Forum List

Back