Why do libertarians aid, and abet Obama?

"Slow[ing] the rate of increase" to below inflation is a cut in real terms.

And why do you think libertarian bloviate about the gold standard all the time? It's an active preference for deflation.
When any of the fake cuts cross that threshold, you be sure and let us all know about it.

They already have. You guys are such purists for this ideal world you've formed in your head than you can't even accept when you're winning.

Cutting government spending and a preference for deflationary currency.

Since there maybe only a handful of Republicans who actually support that I think his point stands.

A handful? There are enough Republican votes in the House to pass the Ryan budget and over three-fourths of the House Republican caucus are members of the Republican Study Committee, which has called for even more draconian cuts.

The Ryan budget is proof positive that you are wrong, yet you are trying to use it is an example that you are right?

Since there maybe only a handful of Republicans who actually support that I think his point stands.

A handful? There are enough Republican votes in the House to pass the Ryan budget and over three-fourths of the House Republican caucus are members of the Republican Study Committee, which has called for even more draconian cuts.

And the Ryan budget didn't actually cut spending or even balance for another decade. That is not an example of libertarians and Republicans being the same. In fact, the libertarian members of Congress voted against Ryan's budget for those exact reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

The Republicans do not want to cut spending, they want to slow down the increase.

When did libertarians suddenly adopt the principle that economics is a zero sum game? Did I miss the memo? Or did you get confused about terms again?

And why do you think libertarian bloviate about the gold standard all the time? It's an active preference for deflation.

What standard Republican is calling for the return to the gold standard?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

The Republicans do not want to cut spending, they want to slow down the increase.

When did libertarians suddenly adopt the principle that economics is a zero sum game? Did I miss the memo? Or did you get confused about terms again?

If they ever propose slowing it to below the rate of inflation feel free to get back to me with an argument about that being a cut. Since they haven't proposed anything approaching that since Eisenhower left office, you really don't have a point.

As for the gold standard, I think you are confusing yourself, again. What, other than the hyperventilating of people who have tied their entire career to fiat currency, makes gold deflationary? Real word data from 1592 to 1971 shows that gold is a surprisingly stable currency, and that the price of commodities remains pretty constant.

C'mon, show me some real numbers. Show me how gold cause deflation and contracts the economy. It should be fairly easy with almost 400 years of data to play with.

When any of the fake cuts cross that threshold, you be sure and let us all know about it.

They already have. You guys are such purists for this ideal world you've formed in your head than you can't even accept when you're winning.

They have?

Give me the time period, the rate of inflation, and lets find out exactly how far government spending has lagged behind it. That should get one of us admitting we were wrong, then you can either admit you were wrong, or make a case that not keeping up with inflation actually amounts to a cut in spending.

They have?

Give me the time period, the rate of inflation, and lets find out exactly how far government spending has lagged behind it. That should get one of us admitting we were wrong, then you can either admit you were wrong, or make a case that not keeping up with inflation actually amounts to a cut in spending.
Thank you.

There was a reason a link was requested.

So, Polk, care to put up or own up that you got it wrong?

Have a link to back that one up?

And if we cut, say, a program like the JSF -which nobody really wants anyways- at a rate greater than inflation, wouldn't that be a good thing?

If they ever propose slowing it to below the rate of inflation feel free to get back to me with an argument about that being a cut. Since they haven't proposed anything approaching that since Eisenhower left office, you really don't have a point.

As for the gold standard, I think you are confusing yourself, again. What, other than the hyperventilating of people who have tied their entire career to fiat currency, makes gold deflationary? Real word data from 1592 to 1971 shows that gold is a surprisingly stable currency, and that the price of commodities remains pretty constant.

C'mon, show me some real numbers. Show me how gold cause deflation and contracts the economy. It should be fairly easy with almost 400 years of data to play with.
^^^
This.

Fuck Republicans and Democrats. I'll never vote for either party ever again. I'm forever done with all the party douche bags.

What's the matter? obama hurt your feelings :)

Douchebags like that are the reason the GOP has trouble winning elections. "Oh, this guy doesn't represent 100% of my views. He only represents 80%. I'm never voting again. Wahhh."
Screw that. You want to change something? Get out there and vote.

Who said anything about 80%. We have continually pointed out that republicans DO NOT represent libertarian views. You, as a republican and NOT a libertarian, seem to be trying too tell us what we believe rather than actually listen to what we tell you.

It is more like they represent less than 10% of my views and yet you still demand that I vote for the GOP to change things? That will not get things changed in a manner that I can support. You, among others, have STILL failed to provide me with a reason to vote for the GOP or GOP candidates beyond ‘democrats bad.’ That is not going to fly and if the GOP needs our votes then the GOP will continue to lose until you wise up and listen. I, for one, would not shed a single tear if the entire GOP were obliterated into obscurity if you failed to make some basic changes to get the libertarian vote.

Assuming you put the most weight on the economic questions (which I feel is generally true of libertarians; certainly true of the ones I know in real life), wouldn't his statement be true? Is it really reasonable to believe the Democrats are more likely to enact policies you prefer?

No it wouldn’t. Why don’t you point out what economic issues are the republicans aligned closer to the libertarians than the democrats? Actions btw, not slogans. Current politicians do NOT mirror their slogans anymore.

As others have stated, this is not true. How and where they ‘cut’ shows the GOP as nothing more than another democrat party with different pet projects. Those ‘draconian’ cuts don’t look like anything that we need to do, partially because of what they are – flat cuts across the board that maintain 100% of the special interests and cash giveaways that exist. Rather than attack actual waste and pull the government out of the economy, the republicans have simply used cuts as a beating stick against the democrats.

That’s not following an ideal, it’s using the current politics to garner power and pay off your buddies. The Bush years revealed the true party colors because they had complete control of the government for a few years. We all know how the government shrunk and books were balanced throughout those years, right? We see all the improvements that they made to our currency as well….

A vote should be earned. Too many people spend their votes on the "lesser of two evils" instead. They are cheap whores, easily bought. They don't seem to understand that when you vote for the lesser of two evils, they are still voting for evil. This only results in more and more evil candidates from which to choose.

A vote is a message. It tells the receiver of the vote they are doing something right. So why in the ever loving FUCK would anyone would want to tell evil that it is doing the right thing is beyond me.

Better to abstain than to continue to reward evil.

Now...to address the OP. Not voting for the lesser of two evils is not the same thing as aiding and abetting Obama. The people who are aiding and abetting Obama are those in the opposition who are too chickenshit to put superior plans on the table, and who do nothing but whine and tremble and obsess over how many golf games Obama played or how many times he did or didn't say "God" today.

Jesus H. Christ, it's like he is opposed by a schoolyard of third graders!

Don't be blaming me if I can't stomach voting for those assholes. It is time to hold THEM accountable, ya dumb fuck.

LOL

When given the opportunity to get a lesser evil, I'll take the lesser evil and then throw up in a barf bag.

If I don't vote for the lesser evil, then the greater evil has a better chance of winning.

By your post, I'm part of the problem. I'd say you let the Greater evil in the door and didn't at least make sure the greater evil happened by hiding behind your BS post.

I'm more convinced than ever that, given the reality of the current two-party power structure, the only way for libertarians to have a real impact is to wage a two front war and work within (and against) both parties, pushing each of them to defend liberty rather than squelching it.

A pure Libertarian is different than a conservative. I believe that the Constitution has been murdered by Progressives, Liberals, and Rhino's over time. Especially going back to Wilson.

Now, they have taken us into a currency nightmare with no end in sight. And then tell us it isn't a problem. So we can't pay our bills already and increase the size of Gov't. More Debt and more currency manipulation.

So, our gov't's answer to previous failed policies is just to do more of the same. Perhaps we need to find out what they are smoking, so we can get some of it. Maybe then we could understand what has fried their brains.

There are also more libertarians within the Republican Party than the Libertarian Party, so it's simply silly to vote for the libertarians, because you are in affect, promoting the statist policies you claim to hate so much by aiding Obama, and the Democrat party.

Why do libertarians aid, and abet Obama?

Why do purportedly-conservative non-libertarians insist on saying asinine stupid stuff about libertarians...?

and why should libertarians ever even consider voting for the GOP...? when, nowadays, the GOP represents a hollow shell that only has the word "conservative" posted above the door to their empty place...

Forum List

Back