Why do people hate Liberals?

You opinion of Liberals is duly noted. I frankly get bored with all the Liberal bashing. If you Conservatives just want to sit and talk amongst yourselves and pat each other on the back, by all means have fun. Right-wing circle jerks are boring just as left-wing ones are.

In all due respect Wolfsister, I love you dearly, but the thread was started by a dedicated left wing liberal and the title is "Why do people hate liberals?" Many if not most posting on the thread have been addressing the thread topic. Don't blame us. Blame Saigon. :)

And I think to the credit of us conservatives, not all but most have refused to focus on 'hating liberals' and reject that concept as we don't hate people who happen to be liberals. But we do hate the negative consequences of liberalism. It is an honest and could be productive topic for a message board, most especially for those who do blame liberalism for many ills of society that we have today.

Liberals can be lovable and great folks.
Liberalism not so much.

The consequences of liberalism has been to extend freedom, opportunity and rights to all Americans and all people.

Yeah. 'Has been'. What the hell happened?

You opinion of Liberals is duly noted. I frankly get bored with all the Liberal bashing. If you Conservatives just want to sit and talk amongst yourselves and pat each other on the back, by all means have fun. Right-wing circle jerks are boring just as left-wing ones are.

In all due respect Wolfsister, I love you dearly, but the thread was started by a dedicated left wing liberal and the title is "Why do people hate liberals?" Many if not most posting on the thread have been addressing the thread topic. Don't blame us. Blame Saigon. :)

And I think to the credit of us conservatives, not all but most have refused to focus on 'hating liberals' and reject that concept as we don't hate people who happen to be liberals. But we do hate the negative consequences of liberalism. It is an honest and could be productive topic for a message board, most especially for those who do blame liberalism for many ills of society that we have today.

Liberalism not so much.

The consequences of liberalism has been to extend freedom, opportunity and rights to all Americans and all people. The consequences of conservatism has been to restrict those freedoms, opportunities and rights.

Every significant freedom, opportunity and right that has benefited We, the People has come from, been advocated by and passed by liberals. There is no conservative legacy of expanding rights or liberties.

The consequences of conservatism invites the fate of Robert Frost's hired man; the fate of having "nothing to look backward to with pride, and nothing to look forward to with hope."

Being that you like the twisted words of JFK what do you think about this quote...

"ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country."

Last edited:

Liberalism not so much.

The consequences of liberalism has been to extend freedom, opportunity and rights to all Americans and all people. The consequences of conservatism has been to restrict those freedoms, opportunities and rights.

Every significant freedom, opportunity and right that has benefited We, the People has come from, been advocated by and passed by liberals. There is no conservative legacy of expanding rights or liberties.

The consequences of conservatism invites the fate of Robert Frost's hired man; the fate of having "nothing to look backward to with pride, and nothing to look forward to with hope."

Being that you like the twisted words of JFK what do you think about this quote...

"ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country."

No words were 'twisted'. I completely agree with those words ("ask not..."). But if you know JFK and the Kennedy family's beliefs you would understand what he is calling for. Do you know?

Last edited:

Liberalism not so much.

The consequences of liberalism has been to extend freedom, opportunity and rights to all Americans and all people.

Do you really want to know? Maybe Charles Krauthammer can enlighten you...

“Ronald Reagan changed the trajectory of America in a way that Richard Nixon did not and in a way that Bill Clinton did not. Reagan was an ideological inflection point, ending a 50-year liberal ascendancy and beginning a 30-year conservative ascendancy."

No words were 'twisted'. I completely agree with those words ("ask not..."). But if you know JFK and the Kennedy family's beliefs you would understand what he is calling for. Do you know?

But democratic society--in it, the highest duty of the writer, the composer, the artist is to remain true to himself and to let the chips fall where they may. In serving his vision of the truth, the artist best serves his nation. And the nation which disdains the mission of art invites the fate of Robert Frost's hired man, the fate of having "nothing to look backward to with pride, and nothing to look forward to with hope."

President John F. Kennedy: Remarks at Amherst College, October 26, 1963

twisted/plagiarized...:eusa_shhh:

Last edited:

“Ronald Reagan changed the trajectory of America in a way that Richard Nixon did not and in a way that Bill Clinton did not. Reagan was an ideological inflection point, ending a 50-year liberal ascendancy and beginning a 30-year conservative ascendancy."

Don't be coy. You know that I'm talking about the fruits of what passes for 'liberalism' today, not liberalism 100 years ago. And Reagan was pretty liberal, granted, but I don't think you can blame him for all the excesses of modern liberalism.

I guess what's sad is that the comment I quoted from your post was totally true. Liberalism was the driving force behind so much of our freedom and opportunity. But now it seems to work toward opposite ends.

But democratic society--in it, the highest duty of the writer, the composer, the artist is to remain true to himself and to let the chips fall where they may. In serving his vision of the truth, the artist best serves his nation. And the nation which disdains the mission of art invites the fate of Robert Frost's hired man, the fate of having "nothing to look backward to with pride, and nothing to look forward to with hope."

The fate of Robert Frost's hired man is not limited to writers, composers, and artists. It is a very apt description of what conservatism always manifests into, the failure of democracy and the constant push to create a hierarchy.

Are you going to answer my question?

Don't be coy. You know that I'm talking about the fruits of what passes for 'liberalism' today, not liberalism 100 years ago. And Reagan was pretty liberal, granted, but I don't think you can blame him for all the excesses of modern liberalism.

I guess what's sad is that the comment I quoted from your post was totally true. Liberalism was the driving force behind so much of our freedom and opportunity. But now it seems to work toward opposite ends.

Try to READ and comprehend what Krauthammer said.

Liberalism today? You mean like the push to extend freedom, opportunity and rights to women (equal pay), gays and Muslims?

The fate of Robert Frost's hired man is not limited to writers, composers, and artists. It is a very apt description of what conservatism always manifests into, the failure of democracy and the constant push to create a hierarchy.

The answer is you're a twisted plagiarizer too stupid to use your own words...:eek:

Last edited:

Why? Is he a liberal?

Liberalism today? You mean like the push to extend freedom, opportunity and rights to women (equal pay), gays and Muslims?

Sort of. The modern liberal preoccupation with granting special rights to protected classes has gone a long way toward diminishing the general civil rights of all people. But it's more than that. It's the shift away from rule of law and individual rights, embracing corporatism instead, that's really sullied the image of liberalism.

Largely in the name of liberal social engineering, our government no longer provides equal protection of our rights. Instead it parses out privileges and penalties, and cuts a different deal for everyone, depending on which interest group they belong to.

The answer is you're a twisted plagiarizer too stupid to use your own words...:eek:

Do you know what President Kennedy meant when he said "ask not..." or are you going to twist his words to serve YOUR agenda, and not his?

Why? Is he a liberal?

Sort of. The modern liberal preoccupation with granting special rights to protected classes has gone a long way toward diminishing the general civil rights of all people. But it's more than that. It's the shift away from rule of law and individual rights, embracing corporatism instead, that's really sullied the image of liberalism.

Largely in the name of liberal social engineering, our government no longer provides equal protection of our rights. Instead it parses out privileges and penalties, and cuts a different deal for everyone, depending on which interest group they belong to.

You keep on telling me you have no understanding of what Krauthammer said.

The last 30 years have been controlled by conservatives, not liberals. I am old enough to remember the liberal era. It pretty much ended when liberals boarded Bobby Kennedy's funeral train.

It is conservatives who have a preoccupation with granting special rights to protected classes, especially the wealthy and corporations. Do you live under a rock, or maybe you have some undetected neurological disability?

Why? Is he a liberal?

The last 30 years have been controlled by conservatives, not liberals. I am old enough to remember the liberal era. It pretty much ended when liberals boarded Bobby Kennedy's funeral train.

It is conservatives who have a preoccupation with granting special rights to protected classes, especially the wealthy and corporations. Do you live under a rock, or maybe you have some undetected neurological disability?

This thread is about liberalism (Why do people hate Liberals?). If you want to start a thread bashing conservatives, go for it. I'll likely join in!

Though none of what you accuse conservatives of lets liberals off the hook for their own bullshit. It's just diversion.

Last edited:
Why? Is he a liberal?

This thread is about liberalism (Why do people hate Liberals?). If you want to start a thread bashing conservatives, go for it. I'll likely join in!

Though none of what you accuse conservatives of lets liberals off the hook for their own bullshit. It's just diversion.

SO, I am bound to only talk about hate of liberals. Sure sounds like how conservatives think...close minds that are very, very tiny.

SO, I am bound to only talk about hate of liberals. Sure sounds like how conservatives think...close minds that are very, very tiny.

You can talk about whatever you want. Clearly, you don't want to talk about the problems people have with liberalism (the topic), preferring to point out the problems you have with conservatism instead. I guess you're just assuming that anyone criticizing liberalism is implicitly supporting conservatism, and perhaps thinking of your comments as a 'counter-attack'. But that's not a valid assumption and, as I mentioned, the faults of conservatives are really no excuse for the faults of liberals.

You can talk about whatever you want. Clearly, you don't want to talk about the problems people have with liberalism (the topic), preferring to point out the problems you have with conservatism instead. I guess you're just assuming that anyone criticizing liberalism is implicitly supporting conservatism, and perhaps thinking of your comments as a 'counter-attack'. But that's not a valid assumption and, as I mentioned, the faults of conservatives are really no excuse for the faults of liberals.

Your problem is you are blaming liberals for what conservatives support, and liberals oppose. Corporatism is a glaring example. We now have a conservative majority on the Supreme Court. Citizens United vs. FEC, which basically says America should be run by corporations was vehemently opposed by liberals on the court and liberals in general. The health care bill; liberals and progressives pushed for single payer, or at least a public option, NOT the individual mandate. That was the construct of conservatives, not liberals.

Do you know what President Kennedy meant when he said "ask not..." or are you going to twist his words to serve YOUR agenda, and not his?

You twisted jfk's speech not me, oh yeah that salunsky crap don't work on me...:eusa_hand:

You twisted jfk's speech not me, oh yeah that salunsky crap don't work on me...:eusa_hand:

Oh, I see, a typical conservative troll, infested with FEAR.

Go run home to mommy and hide under the bed...:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

He meant "You didn't build that!"

Your problem is you are blaming liberals for what conservatives support, and liberals oppose. Corporatism is a glaring example. We now have a conservative majority on the Supreme Court. Citizens United vs. FEC, which basically says America should be run by corporations was vehemently opposed by liberals on the court and liberals in general. The health care bill; liberals and progressives pushed for single payer, or at least a public option, NOT the individual mandate. That was the construct of conservatives, not liberals.

I'm blaming liberals for what they've done, and PPACA is all theirs. Blaming it on conservatives is, again, a diversion. The responsibility lies with the leaders who voted for it.

Forum List

Back