Why do people hate Liberals?

Liberal's standard for others is Mother Teresa, their standard for themselves is Hitler

Moonbats share a lot of the political philosophy shitler promoted. They have even embraced the palestinian cause and their anti semitism is on full display.

Neo-Nazi is just as fitting a label for many bed wetters as neo-bolshevik.

Liberal's standard for others is Mother Teresa, their standard for themselves is Hitler

Moonbats share a lot of the political philosophy shitler promoted. They have even embraced the palestinian cause and their anti semitism is on full display.

The one positive about Pete is he spends his time on the internet, otherwise he would be blocking a sidewalk with a sandwich board claiming the end is near.

The one positive about Pete is he spends his time on the internet, otherwise he would be blocking a sidewalk with a sandwich board claiming the end is near.

The end was in November 2008. It's been all down hill since.

The end was in November 2008. It's been all down hill since.

True, GWB's Administration is culpable for the economic crisis, but that occurred in October of 2008, not November, as ever sober person knows.

New York liberals

those are the ones I hate the most

scum scum!

They are the worst scum ever

New York liberals vermin
de-blasio-with-sharpton.jpg

I never saw the liberals as the moral one. Felt more like (well, I am a conservative & a republican if I have to label myself although I don't agree with them on every single issue) "looking to decorate themselves with anything they can get their hands on whether it is really fair to both sides or not". Like banning ham for Muslim not being fair to the other side. Reverse oppression seems to be common by liberals while they like to decorate themselves with "going against oppression" as if it makes them so sophisticated.

I've given that speech before, but it seems to suits this topic.

I never saw the liberals as the moral one. Felt more like (well, I am a conservative & a republican if I have to label myself although I don't agree with them on every single issue) "looking to decorate themselves with anything they can get their hands on whether it is really fair to both sides or not". Like banning ham for Muslim not being fair to the other side. Reverse oppression seems to be common by liberals while they like to decorate themselves with "going against oppression" as if it makes them so sophisticated.

I've given that speech before, but it seems to suits this topic.

Fair? What defines your sense of fair?

I have two other posts in this thread, that it is still active demonstrates a level of partisanship that exists in America today and says lots about why we are declining as a nation. No longer is debate over ideas or policies, it is rather finger pointing paid for by powers that benefit from the confusion. Agitprop controls the mind of too many.

Why do people hate Liberals? | Page 12 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum post# 114
Why do people hate Liberals? | Page 161 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum post# 1604

Hate is too strong a word except for enemies, that America was founded and built by liberal ideas should give any reader pause. Does anyone know of a nation founded by conservatives, of course not as conservatism is about respect for the values that work or in some cases only work for the few. Change and progress require an openness to experiment and that isn't part of the conservative's playbook. You witness that today in the republican party's repetitive slogans while they accomplish nothing. But argument doesn't work as hate wasn't rational in the first place. Two books worth your time in any attempt to understand our current situation are noted below. And a piece on public opinion is also quoted. Enjoy, oh and do this too, think rather than react.

'The Rhetoric of Reaction: Perversity, Futility, Jeopardy' Albert O. Hirschman
'Invisible Hands: The Businessmen's Crusade Against the New Deal' Kim Phillips-Fein

I found the essay noted below in 'Individualism Reconsidered' by David Riesman, a used copy can be purchased from Amazon if you are interested. A bit dated but an interesting thoughtful read.

"How can it be that 54% of Republicans think Obama is a Muslim? The answer -- not simple at all -- is that public opinion polling is a socio-psycho-dynamically complex interaction between the poll-taker and the respondent in which the manifest content of the question and answer are a very imperfect representation of the latent interactive processes taking place in the polling.

In the simplest terms possible, I suggest that the answer to my despairing question is this: When a pollster asks a respondent the manifest question "Is President Obama a Muslim?," the respondent at some level experiences this as the quite different latent question, "Do you like President Obama?" The respondent understands quite well, even if not consciously, that to give the patently true answer "No" to the manifest question would actually be to give the answer "Yes" to the latent question. So the respondent answers "Yes" to the manifest question, not wanting to be trapped into expressing any sort of support or sympathy for Obama. The poll taker dutifully records this as a "yes" to the manifest question rather than what it really is, a "No" to the latent question.

I am quite confident that if a polling organization were to ask a statistically representative sample of Republicans "Does President Obama have horns?," a significant percentage of respondents would say "Yes," even though all of them have seen Obama on television many times and know quite well that he has no horns." The Philosopher's Stone: A STROLL DOWN MEMORY LANE

"The uncompromising attitude is more indicative of an inner uncertainty than a deep conviction. The implacable stand is directed more against the doubt within than the assailant without." Eric Hoffer

The one thing about this board that most baffles me is the incredible depth of hatred and contempt for liberals.

The amount of comments from people suggesting all liberals are stupid, anti-patriotic, dumb...you name it. One even suggested liberals don't know what paragraphs are.

I don't get it. And I don't see anything the like the contempt expressed by liberals towards conservatives.

Firstly, the term "liberal" could be used to describe about half of the planet. Like "leftist", it's a fairly cliched catch-all adjective that have little real meaning. It's just too general to be much use.

Secondly, I've met extremely intelligent people from right across the political spectrum - and as many idiots. I've talked to brilliant facists, idiotic conservatives, intelligent communists and brain-dead centrists. I don't see a pattern there at all.

And lastly, why hate liberals when many of the most successful and celebrated administrations have been liberal ones? Were the governments if Clinton, Wilson, FDR, JFK and Truman really so much worse than conservative governments of similar eras?

The constant attacks on liberals seems to me (as an outsider) just a sign of incredible arrogance and conceit - and I would consider attacks on conservatives the same way.

If there is a REAL reason, with facts, for hating liberals - let's hear about it.

Because...(waits hoping this sound arguement is self-evident and adequate.) ;)

I have two other posts in this thread, that it is still active demonstrates a level of partisanship that exists in America today and says lots about why we are declining as a nation. No longer is debate over ideas or policies, it is rather finger pointing paid for by powers that benefit from the confusion. Agitprop controls the mind of too many.

Why do people hate Liberals? | Page 12 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum post# 114
Why do people hate Liberals? | Page 161 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum post# 1604

Hate is too strong a word except for enemies, that America was founded and built by liberal ideas should give any reader pause. Does anyone know of a nation founded by conservatives, of course not as conservatism is about respect for the values that work or in some cases only work for the few. Change and progress require an openness to experiment and that isn't part of the conservative's playbook. You witness that today in the republican party's repetitive slogans while they accomplish nothing. But argument doesn't work as hate wasn't rational in the first place. Two books worth your time in any attempt to understand our current situation are noted below. And a piece on public opinion is also quoted. Enjoy, oh and do this too, think rather than react.

'Invisible Hands: The Businessmen's Crusade Against the New Deal' Kim Phillips-Fein

I found the essay noted below in 'Individualism Reconsidered' by David Riesman, a used copy can be purchased from Amazon if you are interested. A bit dated but an interesting thoughtful read.

"How can it be that 54% of Republicans think Obama is a Muslim? The answer -- not simple at all -- is that public opinion polling is a socio-psycho-dynamically complex interaction between the poll-taker and the respondent in which the manifest content of the question and answer are a very imperfect representation of the latent interactive processes taking place in the polling.

In the simplest terms possible, I suggest that the answer to my despairing question is this: When a pollster asks a respondent the manifest question "Is President Obama a Muslim?," the respondent at some level experiences this as the quite different latent question, "Do you like President Obama?" The respondent understands quite well, even if not consciously, that to give the patently true answer "No" to the manifest question would actually be to give the answer "Yes" to the latent question. So the respondent answers "Yes" to the manifest question, not wanting to be trapped into expressing any sort of support or sympathy for Obama. The poll taker dutifully records this as a "yes" to the manifest question rather than what it really is, a "No" to the latent question.

I am quite confident that if a polling organization were to ask a statistically representative sample of Republicans "Does President Obama have horns?," a significant percentage of respondents would say "Yes," even though all of them have seen Obama on television many times and know quite well that he has no horns." The Philosopher's Stone: A STROLL DOWN MEMORY LANE

"The uncompromising attitude is more indicative of an inner uncertainty than a deep conviction. The implacable stand is directed more against the doubt within than the assailant without." Eric Hoffer

44700008652.jpg

I would have responded differently.

images

That was a large pile of complete bullshit. First of all, if bed wetters didn't sympathize with or even support our enemies, maybe it wouldn't be appropriate to hate their pathetic asses. Yet moonbats have consistently gone out of their way to befriend the soviets, castro, ortega, saddam and most recently iran. It is their agenda to destroy the country.

Bed wetters like mid clown may be programmed to believe he's a "liberal" in the classic sense, but anyone who has critical thinking skills knows Thomas Jefferson would level a flintlock pistol between mid clown's eyes and sent a lead ball through his useless skull. The founders could not have conceived of a future where collectivist assholes gained political power and tyranized people for calling queers queer.

I think the first paragraph is spot on. Not so sure about the other stuff though.

I certainly don't hate liberals since I passionately love quite a few of them. But I do hate liberalism when I believe it hurts people, however well intentioned it might be. Compassion can be giving people what they need and conservatives do that as efficiently and effectively as liberals do. But it is not compassion when good intention stifle the incentive or imperative for people to do what they need to do in order to do for themselves and achieve their potential. It is not compassion when it rewards poor choices and bad behavior to the point that such is encouraged.

Certainly there is name calling, exaggeration, and demonization evident in both the conservative and liberal camps. But I believe the average conservative does not exaggerate or demonize people, and it is intellectually dishonest to characterize any criticism or observations as exaggeration or demonization.

The one thing about this board that most baffles me is the incredible depth of hatred and contempt for liberals.

The amount of comments from people suggesting all liberals are stupid, anti-patriotic, dumb...you name it. One even suggested liberals don't know what paragraphs are.

I don't get it. And I don't see anything the like the contempt expressed by liberals towards conservatives.

Firstly, the term "liberal" could be used to describe about half of the planet. Like "leftist", it's a fairly cliched catch-all adjective that have little real meaning. It's just too general to be much use.

Secondly, I've met extremely intelligent people from right across the political spectrum - and as many idiots. I've talked to brilliant facists, idiotic conservatives, intelligent communists and brain-dead centrists. I don't see a pattern there at all.

And lastly, why hate liberals when many of the most successful and celebrated administrations have been liberal ones? Were the governments if Clinton, Wilson, FDR, JFK and Truman really so much worse than conservative governments of similar eras?

The constant attacks on liberals seems to me (as an outsider) just a sign of incredible arrogance and conceit - and I would consider attacks on conservatives the same way.

If there is a REAL reason, with facts, for hating liberals - let's hear about it.
I know right? They acuse half the population of being far left, crossdressing, control freak, Pol Potist, looney lefties.

It's ridiculous to conflate your enemy to include so many who are not.

I myself am left wing, but I absolutely loathe looney lefty progressives. They are beastly people.

Forum List

Back