Why do people hate Liberals?

The one thing about this board that most baffles me is the incredible depth of hatred and contempt for liberals.

The amount of comments from people suggesting all liberals are stupid, anti-patriotic, dumb...you name it. One even suggested liberals don't know what paragraphs are.

I don't get it. And I don't see anything the like the contempt expressed by liberals towards conservatives.

Firstly, the term "liberal" could be used to describe about half of the planet. Like "leftist", it's a fairly cliched catch-all adjective that have little real meaning. It's just too general to be much use.

Secondly, I've met extremely intelligent people from right across the political spectrum - and as many idiots. I've talked to brilliant facists, idiotic conservatives, intelligent communists and brain-dead centrists. I don't see a pattern there at all.

And lastly, why hate liberals when many of the most successful and celebrated administrations have been liberal ones? Were the governments if Clinton, Wilson, FDR, JFK and Truman really so much worse than conservative governments of similar eras?

The constant attacks on liberals seems to me (as an outsider) just a sign of incredible arrogance and conceit - and I would consider attacks on conservatives the same way.

If there is a REAL reason, with facts, for hating liberals - let's hear about it.

Under which rock do you reside? Does it have an address?

Here he is...

whatdoyouliveunderarock.png

I found him on the outskirts of HellStinki...:eusa_angel:

I like salunski rules 5/6...:eusa_shhh:

Conservatives aren't "people". They are "heartless lemmings".

That pretty much sums up the liberal method of argument, and explains perfectly why respectable people think they are scum.

Only the party of "let him die" and "feed the poor and they will breed" think of themselves as "perfect" and "respectable".

Could you honestly make such a statement as mine?

I have as many Liberal friends and family as I do Conservative.

I only hate a few of them. Liberal and Conservative.

Or maybe the fact is, you just got no friends.

"Liberals" and "Conservatives" are all just people.

There are smart people and stupid people. There are people who think of everything in black and white, and there are people who think in shades of grey. There are dogmatic people, and free thinkers.

"Liberal" and "Conservative" are just self-applied labels, nothing more. Just people.

There are smart people and stupid people. There are people who think of everything in black and white, and there are people who think in shades of grey. There are dogmatic people, and free thinkers.

"Liberal" and "Conservative" are just self-applied labels, nothing more. Just people.

That's MR. stupid people to you, pal.

That's MR. stupid people to you, pal.

And that's Doctor Pal to you, MR. stupid people!

Secondly, I've met extremely intelligent people from right across the political spectrum - and as many idiots. I've talked to brilliant facists, idiotic conservatives, intelligent communists and brain-dead centrists. I don't see a pattern there at all.

This part should answer your question. Nowhere do you entertain the notion that there are loathsome liberals. Maybe if you ever come across a couple you'll see why people hate liberals.

OK, that was cheap.

I don't hate anybody just because they have a different set of beliefs than me. I like discussing different views and opinions. What I dislike is when people cowardly incubate their beliefs by denying what they are, and what liberals do, which is beancounting mistakes without taking historical context into account (i.e. your claim that Clinton had one of the most successful administrations in history while not mentioning he had to answer to a Republican-run Congress, and was decidedly more centrist in office than he has been in the years since).

The one thing about this board that most baffles me is the incredible depth of hatred and contempt for liberals.

The amount of comments from people suggesting all liberals are stupid, anti-patriotic, dumb...you name it. One even suggested liberals don't know what paragraphs are.

I don't get it. And I don't see anything the like the contempt expressed by liberals towards conservatives.

Firstly, the term "liberal" could be used to describe about half of the planet. Like "leftist", it's a fairly cliched catch-all adjective that have little real meaning. It's just too general to be much use.

And lastly, why hate liberals when many of the most successful and celebrated administrations have been liberal ones? Were the governments if Clinton, Wilson, FDR, JFK and Truman really so much worse than conservative governments of similar eras?

The constant attacks on liberals seems to me (as an outsider) just a sign of incredible arrogance and conceit - and I would consider attacks on conservatives the same way.

If there is a REAL reason, with facts, for hating liberals - let's hear about it.
the question you should be asking is why do libbs hate America,Christians,Jews , the constitution,law enforcement, the military ,private business,and personal accountability ??

the question you should be asking is why do libbs hate America,Christians,Jews , the constitution,law enforcement, the military ,private business,and personal accountability ??

Good Questions...:eusa_angel:

As for why you see a lot more hate coming from the Conservative side on this site, I can't be sure because I'm fairly new here but I would guess there are a couple of simple explanations. One is that this site has more Conservative posters than Liberal ones. Secondly, again I can't be certain this applies to you because I don't know you, but as a Liberal you can look at a post by a Conservative and see it as hateful rhetoric while a similar post made from the POV of the Left you would see as reasoned debate.

As for why Conservatives feel such animosity towards Liberals, it's in response to how we are treated by them. Here are a few examples:

--If a Conservative criticizes President Obama's policies it is because he is a Racist
--If we believe that the government has to get control of it's budget, stop borrowing 42 cents of every dollar we spend and do something about the insane 16 Trillion dollar debt it's because we want poor people to starve.
--If we think that Social Security and Medicare have to be reformed so that they remain solvent for future retirees it's because we want to make old people choose between their medicine and food. Some on the Left have suggested that we don't mind them having both as long as they are eating cat food.
--If we dare suggest that the nature of Climate Change, formerly Global Warming, and mankind's role in it is not fully understood and maybe before we completely wreck our economy we should get a better handle on things we are attacked as the equivalent of members of the Flat Earth Society.
--If we believe that a 225 year old Secular government shouldn't be re-defining a 5,000 year old Religious institution, and yes most Social Conservatives are wrong on this as well but just from the other side, we are considered bigots and Homophobes.
--And of course it's hard to go through a week without us being called Nazi's for one reason or another
--That's a few off the top of my head and of course I didn't even touch on the insane double standard of the majority of the media. Wouldn't you have hard feelings for people who talked about you that way?

Tissue?

I don't hate Liberals. I feel sorry for them. It is hard to hate the naive and complacent. What I do hate is some of the policies we get because of them.

rush limbaugh told them to.

Liberal Hypocrisy: Hurting Minorities While Claiming To Help Them

February 22, 2013
by David L. Goetsch

The maxim, if you want to FEEL good be a liberal but if you want to DO good be a conservative, has never rung so true. It is disturbing to realize how far liberal Democrats have been able to advance their leftwing agenda by whispering pleasing but false promises in the ears of poor minorities while simultaneously stabbing them in the back. In fact, it is no exaggeration to say that contemporary liberalism—so-called progressivism—has done more to harm poor minorities than anything since slavery. In fact, for poor minorities in America, progressivism is little more than a new form of slavery.

Examples abound concerning liberal policies and programs that purport to help poor minorities when in fact they do more harm than good. One such example is the left’s commitment to continually raising the minimum wage in spite of indisputable evidence that doing so creates high unemployment, especially among young blacks and other minorities. Ever higher minimum-wage rates simply freeze young minorities out of the workplace just when they are seeking that all-important first job. Unable to get a job, too many are left spending their idle time on the streets where the criminal element quickly recruits them for nefarious activities that lead to no good. Those poor minorities who refuse to take up a life of crime are still prime targets for another group: liberals looking to expand the ranks of entitled minorities who look to government for their sustenance. Either route is destructive for the individuals in question and for our country.

Read more: Liberal Hypocrisy: Hurting Minorities While Claiming To Help Them ? Patriot Update

I stopped reading when I came to this line:

"And I don't see anything the like the contempt expressed by liberals towards conservatives."

I suspect that it's a difference of opinion about what liberty means.

"where there is no law, there is no freedom: for liberty is, to be free from restraint and violence from others; which cannot be, where there is no law: but freedom is not, as we are told, a liberty for every man to do what he lists... for who could be free, when every other man's humour might domineer over him?"
-- John Locke; from Second Treatise of Civil Government, CHAP. VI.

Forum List

Back