Why do people HIDE that they are on line?

The questions is: why not to hide own existance online? Why someone could make a choice to show his existance? It looks like some kind of mental desease... what is the purpose to want all to watch on your existance here?.. Very strange behaviour and maybe even dangerous.

Special forces should pay attention to it according to the connections to ISIS etc.

The questions is: why not to hide own existance online? Why someone could make a choice to show his existance? It looks like some kind of mental desease... what is the purpose to want all to watch on your existance here?.. Very strange behaviour and maybe even dangerous.

Special forces should pay attention to it according to the connections to ISIS etc.

I'm not big on being covert. Also, it makes it easier for people to lie to you - but overall I do get it, especially if you spend a lot of time PM'ing...... I personally don't care what people on here thing or assume.... besides, I'm sure al the Mods can see everything anyway....

People like their privacy.

Well I guess that is a pretty simple answer! I still think it's kinda sneaky.... like you have something to hide .....

Then use your real name, address, and phone number instead of a just screen name and avatar... Real simple, yes?

I guess I was hoping someone would say why they prefer to not be shown on line
Of course, that would kind of defeat the purpose I guess.. ? I guess I'm just nosey!

Well I guess that is a pretty simple answer! I still think it's kinda sneaky.... like you have something to hide .....

Then use your real name, address, and phone number instead of a just screen name and avatar... Real simple, yes?

Of course, that would kind of defeat the purpose I guess.. ? I guess I'm just nosey!

I posted previously on this thread a very plausible reason for anonymity, if you'd like to go back and read it. Not the only answer by any means, but a possibility to consider. Also, there's a certain sick segment of society that feel super powerful at their keyboard shrouded by anonymity who find great pleasure in taking people apart verbally and who would never consider doing such a thing face to face.

Last edited:

I posted previously on this thread a plausible reason for anonymity

Well I know the POSSIBLE reasons, but I was hoping someone that actually uses the feature would "fess up" LOL!

Forum List

Back